Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2021 3:28:06 PM EDT
Other than for lack of inventory, do any of you Upstate guys still have small operator-owned gun stores in your area that are closed due to the virus?
They were never deemed to be anything other than non-essential, and I recall that some places like the Firing Pin that caught Cuomo's notice after the VA Lobby Day were pretty much forced to close for much of last year.
Now, nearly a year into this mess, what's the current status of those types of mom and pop places around Upstate?
Throughout last summer and fall I always figured that this winter would see a second round of forced business closures, but then Cuomo admitted that economically the state was taking a hit.
So I'm guessing that he isn't in favor of shutting down any tax-revenue generating business at this point.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The Shops up here have been open through it all and only occasionally been blown in by someone butthurt over a mask.
Funny how things work out in Farm Country.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Shops up here have been open through it all and only occasionally been blown in by someone butthurt over a mask.
Funny how things work out in Farm Country.  
View Quote

Are the ones being ratted out on over masks having civil penalties levied against them?
That's been one of my concerns through the whole thing. There's no way I could afford to pay the associated ten thousand dollar fines
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 5:09:55 PM EDT
[#4]
The local shops in the Hudson Valley are open with very limited inventory.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:24:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Every LGS here stayed open, except week before deer season.   Inventory near zero but lots of services for new owners.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:56:14 PM EDT
[#6]
They are all open around here, Otsego and Schoharie.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Are the ones being ratted out on over masks having civil penalties levied against them?
That's been one of my concerns through the whole thing. There's no way I could afford to pay the associated ten thousand dollar fines
View Quote

nah, just the "official" you must comply or else letter.
I suspect many if not all these Fines are done under color of Law...fuck you, take it out of my stimulus check as we're bankrupt.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The local shops in the Hudson Valley are open with very limited inventory.
View Quote

We're a very small Shop, and in spite of everything, we've worked long and hard to get guns & ammo back on the shelves....Ammo is obscene with very little profit margin, Mainstay-Big Brand Name guns are only by allocation, we have had good luck getting Savage, Bergara, and Weatherby (Vanguard) Rifles.
New Savage .22's but not much else.
Only Shotguns have been Turkish made...
Used & Mil Surp when I can find them...
MSR's have primarily come from Palmetto, but they've limited Dealers here & there, but must be we do enough that our salesperson still gets us product.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Out here in Arizona our governor declared gun shops “essential “ and were not impacted by shutdowns.
There is currently a Bill under consideration ( likely to pass) to permanently declare gun shops essential!
Happy to have left NY and sorry for my brothers and sisters still there
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Kinton Guns never closed.  Just kept going on as usual.  They're right around the corner from OldArfcom.  They've been pretty much selling everything they can get in stock.  I'm sure i could make some coin if I had them sell some of my stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top