Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2021 9:10:20 PM EDT
YES is the right answer to all questions if sent to an FFL!

I'm so sick of seeing the same questions over and over!

Someone should pin a thread saying this isn't a legal advice forum!

Not all laws re the same in people's Republic of NewYorkistan..

Cities/counties all have different edicts, laws, and pseudo-rules of their own.

THAT is ALL
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:28:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Cities/counties all have different edicts, laws, and pseudo-rules of their own.
View Quote

Absolutely. Even forgetting about NYC, here in Nassau County we have/had a law that prohibited any handgun that was not a "standard" color as defined by the county. If it was gold, purple (probably like those old "Bushie" lowers), red, etc. it was illegal here. It was challenged in court and I believe the plaintiffs won but it would not surprise me if the law is still on the books.

Westchester has its own storage requirements for more than five handguns. Monroe County has an even more restrictive magazine ban IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Absolutely. Even forgetting about NYC, here in Nassau County we have/had a law that prohibited any handgun that was not a "standard" color as defined by the county. If it was gold, purple (probably like those old "Bushie" lowers), red, etc. it was illegal here. It was challenged in court and I believe the plaintiffs won but it would not surprise me if the law is still on the books.

Westchester has its own storage requirements for more than five handguns. Monroe County has an even more restrictive magazine ban IIRC.
View Quote

It's not Monroe County...it's the ghetto city of Rochester. Something about semi auto rifles only being able to have 5 round or less mags. Or something like that.

I'm sure nobody who lives in the city of Rochester cares or follows that rule anyway.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 9:14:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I think what the OP is trying to say is just send it to an FFL and you don't have to worry about legality
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Can I ship a ghost gun that fully automatically shoots 30rd clipazines filled with heat seeking bullets in under .5 seconds per trigger pull, to a friend in NYC?
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 8:34:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top