Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:43:15 AM EDT
[#1]
The YouTube channel Guns & Gadgets brought up the NRA "bankruptcy" issues the other night. A big issue with their supposed "restructuring" is that the officers currently in charge would remain in charge. Basically perpetuating the financial malfeasance but in Texas. They are also facing a suit from a major donor to force the case to stay in New York. He donated $100 million dollars to the NRA only to find that most of it was wasted by WLP on suits and travel as well as the other officers. Not the 2A advocacy and education he was hoping for. He wants the executive leadership purged.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The YouTube channel Guns & Gadgets brought up the NRA "bankruptcy" issues the other night. A big issue with their supposed "restructuring" is that the officers currently in charge would remain in charge. Basically perpetuating the financial malfeasance but in Texas. They are also facing a suit from a major donor to force the case to stay in New York. He donated $100 million dollars to the NRA only to find that most of it was wasted by WLP on suits and travel as well as the other officers. Not the 2A advocacy and education he was hoping for. He wants the executive leadership purged.
View Quote

I have been done with the NRA and won't hold membership till Wayne and the senior leadership leave.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I have been done with the NRA and won't hold membership till Wayne and the senior leadership leave.
View Quote

I am a life member since 2000 but not another dime from me until Wayne and his happy band of plunderers are gone!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#4]
They never really fought hard for ny so it is what it is
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:03:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am a life member since 2000 but not another dime from me until Wayne and his happy band of plunderers are gone!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Until the 1994 AWB I was an annual member. The ban pushed me to upgrade to life. But I feel the same way. Watched the NRA squander its resources and work only to serve its officers. Several times, mailings tried to get me to upgrade from Patron to Endowment but I drew the line at that point. One very very big issue with the Life Membership funds is the NRA is using them as operating funds. The good practice of handling Life Membership funds is to invest that money and use the interest from the investment to support operations (as most non-dysfunctional groups do). They really should have been using it to build up an endowment.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:20:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Until the 1994 AWB I was an annual member. The ban pushed me to upgrade to life. But I feel the same way. Watched the NRA squander its resources and work only to serve its officers.
View Quote

Remember what they did to Neal Knox?  That was when it became glaringly apparent that the NRA was destined to be a cash cow milked dry by Wayne LaPierre and his cronies and not an effective second amendment advocate.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:55:42 PM EDT
[#7]
That our freedom seems to depend on advocacy groups in general is a problem, the ineptitude of some private fund shouldn't mean the end of our country or rights
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:02:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Remember what they did to Neal Knox?  
View Quote
While I was familiar with the name, I did not know the history. He expungement by the opposition was in 1982 which was well before I was really cognizant of the NRA and four years before I joined as an annual member in 1986.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Make sure you mail back everything they send you with their pre paid envelope, with a note about dumping WLP and crew.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:15:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Of course they did
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top