Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2016 10:23:28 AM EDT
Hi all, I'm selling a Glock 23 and I've got a potential buyer in NY.
1) I'm assuming the G23 is legal for purchase in NY
2) I'm assuming, just like any other across state sale, it'll be sent to his FFL w/O any additional steps required by NY
3) I'm assuming the standard capacity (13rnd) mags aren't legal for me to send. Is there a LEO exemption?

Can you guys help me out?
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:45:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
2) I'm assuming, just like any other across state sale, it'll be sent to his FFL w/O any additional steps required by NY
3) I'm assuming the standard capacity (13rnd) mags aren't legal for me to send. Is there a LEO exemption?

View Quote

No threaded barrels.  
ship it FFL to FFL and the receiving FFL does NICS check.
Standard Capacity mags are not allowed in this shithole.  LEO's can own standard capacity mags but peons can only own 10 round!
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:11:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

The gun is legal but the mags are not unless LEO. That being said however, it is legal for you to send it to a NY FFL as is. It is then their responsibility to make sure it is legal before transferring it to the buyer.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Yep... the correct answer is, all that is 100% legal to transfer to a NY FFL.  

What he does with it is not your concern. (The buyer and the dealer may already have a plan for dealing with compliancy issues once it gets here. (like selling the mags out of state))
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:25:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Many  NYS dealers are going to prefer that a handgun go FFL to FFL. If you find one that doesn't and will accept your ID for their books, the rest of it's been covered above
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top