Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2015 9:54:03 AM EDT
What do I need in order to buy ammo in NY?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:39:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Money.

If you're trying to buy ammo that can be used in a handgun, they might want to see a pistol license, but you can usually talk your way out of that by explaining it's for a carbine.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Okay, sounds good.  In CT they want a god damn pistol permit or ammo license or some shit, so I just wanted to be sure.  Thank you for the info.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Some sporting goods stores ask for pistol permit if buying handgun ammo, if they ask it's for a rifle.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Okay, sounds good. In CT they want a god damn pistol permit or ammo license or some shit, so I just wanted to be sure.  Thank you for the info.
View Quote

In CT, non residents can obtain the Ammunition Certificate (see this link for application) which will allow them to buy ammunition and ammunition magazines in that state. Note that in CT its only a requirement to show one of the relevant permits/certificates when purchasing ammo. There is no prohibition on being given or gifted ammo as long as no money or monetary service is exchanged

I've crossed the border to purchase ammo in NY without issue. Like others have said if they ask if its for a handgun, tell them no. One counter drone tried to quiz me on buying 9mm and I told him it was for a Marlin Camp Carbine.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:17:56 AM EDT
[#5]
You can quote me on this:  "Fuck Connecticut and their ammunition Laws" in fact fuck them all together.
Under un-SAFE we were supposed to be subjected to a "back ground check" prior to purchasing ammunition in NY, buy as usual (and to our advantage) the legislature screwed the pooch thinking they'd piggy-back on the NICS system, but that blew up in their faces....maybe just as well, because if the Fudds had to submit before they could by a flat of Trap loads they'd whine even more while blaming it on the back rifle owners.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top