Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2015 9:07:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing that says you have too. Just let the issuing county know your addy change.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Mag, it depends on the county. Each one handles it differently in this bizzaro state.

When I bailed on Suffolk and moved upstate, my new county made me go through the entire application process all over again, references and all. I was not happy but I kept my mouth shut and did it, knowing they would issue me an unrestricted license. Suffolk remained my issuing agency until my new application was approved.

An acquaintance moved from Suffolk to the county that borders my current county. He paid 5 bucks for a transfer fee and they handed him his new license.

My advice would be contact the Ulster county clerk's office and ask them what their transfer process is or isn't. I hope you get a better answer than I did.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:30:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Wayne county forwarded the info to Ontario county, when I made an amendment they verified the info and printed me out a new one.  Simple.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:46:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What is needed to transfer my Pistol permit from Nassau county to Ulster county.
I might be making a move!
View Quote

She finally kicked you out and it's back to mom's basement ....
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:28:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What is needed to transfer my Pistol permit from Nassau county to Ulster county.
View Quote

Congrats on the move to "Upstate" from the LI hassle.

When I moved from Orange to Ulster Co. 15 years ago all I had to do was write a letter to the Orange Co. pistol permit section requesting my file be transferred to Ulster Co.  As others have said, your best bet is to call Ulster Co. for their preferred procedure.  You will love getting your amendments the same day at the Sheriff's Office!

Howdy, soon to be neighbor!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:18:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sweet.

Call or Email Maureen at the U.C. Sheriff's office.

[email protected]

845-340-3639
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:48:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Maureen is the best!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maureen is the best!
View Quote

QFT!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Hell dont stop in Ulster move right over to the border in PA open up a PO BOX if need in NYS..
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:38:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:  You will love getting your amendments the same day at the Sheriff's Office!

View Quote

He's also going to love actually getting a proper, unrestricted license!

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  You will love getting your amendments the same day at the Sheriff's Office!

I heard the Ulster Judges were giving restricted licenses now, is that incorrect?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I heard the Ulster Judges were giving restricted licenses now, is that incorrect?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As of lately, full carry have been issued.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top