Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2014 10:21:30 AM EDT
See... This is what happens when you sit in the cold woods with no deer to look at.

I started to visualize it. Ultimate NY compliant silliness hunting gun (great for blinds and tree stands)

A single single shot AR pistol lower.
SIG brace.
8-10" barrel with no gas port.
Chambered in  300/221. (Sorry I've been shooting the round for close to 20 years now, I refuse to call it the 300 Blackout)
(.50 Beowulf would be fun flame throwing mini bazooka too with extra un-PC evil. Starting to lean that way.)
Side charging upper.
Since we're being silly. I want a Stag left handed upper so I can reload with my left hand without dismounting the gun from my shoulder.

Call it the super-looper. The NFA, AWB and Safe Act avoider.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:32:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Ah foo. The single shot lowers don't have bolt hold open devices, so the left side load won't work anyway.

What about those fixed mag lowers. I was looking at the single shots so there could be no argument about it being semi auto. Hmm... I'll have to go back and sit in the woods and think this through some more.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Ares SCR with a 1-4 accupiont.

Wish magpul would make a stock for it
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Fixed mag would be the way to go. Let us know how it goes when you see a DEC officer or have to explain to a cop that it's not an SBR.

I'm all for it but this is NY and they will just make it up as they go.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#4]
That of course would be the only sticking point, but that's being faced by people all across the country. As long as it was on my pistol permit, I doubt most would even know that adding a stock to a handgun is a no-no.
(As well, I had a fully evil 6.5 in the woods for ten days and never saw a soul.)

My assumption is , especially now that other companies are jumping on board, any day now the ATF is going to reverse itself like it always seems to and make them illegal. That's far too much evil "on our streets" plus it's money that the .gov is missing out on in tax stamps.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#5]
So DSI on Long Island has submitted fixed mag AR pistols to the Suffolk and NY State PD for their "approval". It uses their billet lower that requires the trigger group be removed and a set screw be removed (with a long a** allen key) to change out the mags. We all know what the ATF thinks, but in NY, anything can be anything on a whim, so it's probably worth waiting to see what the official response is to DSI's test cases. I can't find anything in the law that says an AR pistol without the brace but with just a pistol buffer tube would be illegal if it's on a fixed mag lower.

Making a "firearm" (by the ATF's definition) where you have a fixed mag AR pistol that's longer than 26" because of a 10" or 11.5" barrel and a vertical foregrip could be an issue though. According to penal law 400, it's considered a firearm because of the < 16" barrel, and all firearms are illegal in NY. We have our regular pistols because of the pistol/revolver exemption at the bottom of that section via our our licenses, but because the > 26" gun is not a pistol/revolver, but a firearm, IMHO, we're not exempted and it wouldn't be ok.

http://www.dark-storm.com/firearms/ds-15-pistols/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top