Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2014 3:46:23 PM EDT
http://blog.timesunion.com/opinion/ny-safe-act-is-a-real-lifesaver/30804/
Posted on September 28, 2014 | By Letters to the editor

I am a retired career police officer. I served nearly 30 years and was a command officer in the Monroe County Sheriff’s Police Bureau when I retired. With that background in mind, I question Tim Flynn’s presumption in his letter “Gun laws make people less safe,” Sept. 4. It is a presumption without merit.

As a career police officer trained and qualified in the use of assault rifles, let’s be clear that what Flynn refers to as “cosmetic features” do indeed increase a weapon’s lethality.

Lethality is measured in three areas; ballistic effectiveness is but one. The other two are efficiency and efficacy. They are commonly ignored or intentionally not mentioned in this discussion. It is in these two areas that the assault rifle excels at it purpose of killing the most people in the shortest time possible. Mikhail Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47, and our military included them in their designs for this reason.

The NY SAFE Act is one reason New York has the fourth-lowest gun death rate in the nation, a remarkable fact for a state of 20 million that hosts 80 million visitors each year. Our laws continue to save lives and serve as a reasonable model for the rest of the country.

Gary Pudup

Retired lieutenant, Monroe County Sheriff’s Office

Rochester
Gee imagine that! Comments are CLOSED

Oh it gets better! he's running for an Assembly seat!
http://garypudup.com/

From his site:
Public Safety

As a career police officer, incident command trainer and as an advocate for civil liberties, I understand the balance between law and order and the rights of citizens.

I remain an active co-member of the Police/Community Advisory Council along with the Greece Police Department.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#1]
http://garypudup.com/about-gary/endorsements/

A democrat with anti gun views, endorsed by NYAGV, who misuses the term "assault rifle" and claims to be pro gun.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a whole big long rant about this, but I decided fuck it. Any of his peers in the police department are going to say more than I can about his stupidity.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 4:17:34 PM EDT
[#3]
This Pudup loser again?  Go suck a bag of unwashed dicks, Gary Pudpull.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone know where his republican opponent, Peter Lawrence, stands on unSAFE?

www.lawrenceforassembly.com/
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 4:42:04 PM EDT
[#5]
He is a major asshole, and liberal POS...hope cancer gets him very soon...FU pudpuller...
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Not that the Assembly is really that important to anyone (already a lost cause), but does anyone know who has the advantage in this race?
Gary Pudup can go eff himself based on those comments regarding the unSAFE Act.

ETA: this prick makes me want to go out and buy a gun, especially a mean, scary one with features that give me a ballistic advantage, just so I can say FU Gary.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#7]
What a douche
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Same as "I'm a hunter and gun owner, but", type. Fuck him.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:55:22 PM EDT
[#9]
He's a real expert at being an asshole.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#10]
someone should send him a note stating move to communist calif. where you belong with the rest of the suck ups. Making LT. shows your good at sucking up.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I bet he was popular at the Sheriff's Office.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#12]
He's had "training".  Unfortunately he doesn't realize his training wasn't worth a bag of dry dog shit, it certainly didn't make him an expert. He was that already. On everything.

"I'm the only one qualified to use this stapler."
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He's had "training".  Unfortunately he doesn't realize his training wasn't worth a bag of dry dog shit, it certainly didn't make him an expert. He was that already. On everything.

"I'm the only one qualified to use this stapler."
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
http://blog.timesunion.com/opinion/ny-safe-act-is-a-real-lifesaver/30804/
Posted on September 28, 2014 | By Letters to the editor

Gee imagine that! Comments are CLOSED
View Quote

He has three facebook pages, his politician page allows comments.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Pete Lawrence is a retired SP Major and US Marshal
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Even if the cosmetic features make a gun more deadly...so what? Does that mean they are not covered by the 2nd amendment?

Does that mean law abiding people can't own them?

Just because SOME criminals use them for evil?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:14:38 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm so glad I left that shithole city. Him and Warren can fuck themselves.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:41:16 AM EDT
[#18]
What would be a real Cop life saver is not pre-maturely releasing convicted felons back into the streets of Monroe County.

The SAFE act Arson cop murders and the recent cop homicide were both caused by prematurel release of convicted fellons.  Where are the cops speaking out against the system instead of a stupid law.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What would be a real Cop life saver is not pre-maturely releasing convicted felons back into the streets of Monroe County.

The SAFE act Arson cop murders and the recent cop homicide were both caused by prematurel release of convicted fellons.  Where are the cops speaking out against the system instead of a stupid law.
View Quote

Have, ad nauseum, they don't listen to us either. Remember it's the CRIMINAL Justice System in NY.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Have, ad nauseum, they don't listen to us either. Remember it's the CRIMINAL Justice System in NY.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well played Sir, well played
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:14:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a legal system not a justice system.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:21:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Oh it gets better! he's running for an Assembly seat!
http://garypudup.com/

From his site:
Public Safety

As a career police officer, incident command trainer and as an advocate for civil liberties, I understand the balance between law and order and the rights of citizens.

I remain an active co-member of the Police/Community Advisory Council along with the Greece Police Department.
View Quote

Comment sent to him advising him to reconsider running for office as we don't need elected officials like him
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top