Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2013 8:39:24 AM EDT
Hi lads,

My hunting buddy and I are thinking about leasing some land for deer and turkey hunting. The areas we are considering are Putnam, Dutchess, Orange or lower Ulster County.

Ideally we'd like to have sole access to at least 10 acres with good deer traffic. It would be only be my buddy and myself, occasionally my 8 y/o son and no other guests. We're both professionals and have high ethics when it comes to hunting.

Any ideas where we might look? Are there brokers that specialize in this sort of thing?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't waste your time in dutchess too late in year to find something decent.   Actual I wouldn't even look in nys.
I would look in pa instead tell nys to shove it
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#2]
There are plenty of deer in lower Westchester.  Unfortunately there is no bow, shotgun, pistol or rifle hunting her, only FORD season  . (Which is probably why there are plenty on them)
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:10:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't waste your time in dutchess too late in year to find something decent.
View Quote

I figured this year would be toast, no biggie. I'm really referring to next year and beyond.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I figured this year would be toast, no biggie. I'm really referring to next year and beyond.  

Any ideas?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any ideas?

Wait until February and start driving around stanfordville? Dover, amenia etc. go door to door at farms and ask.

I still strongly suggest pa.  Lots of places to hunt in pa especially over by pike county.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:59:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wait until February and start driving around stanfordville? Dover, amenia etc. go door to door at farms and ask.

I still strongly suggest pa.  Lots of places to hunt in pa especially over by pike county.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any ideas?

Good suggestions.  Remember that PA does not allow semi autos for deer hunting.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:19:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Plenty of very assessable state land in the kingston / hurley area of ulster county.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:17:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Plenty of very assessable state land in the kingston / hurley area of ulster county.
View Quote

You might also consider the DEP land around the NYC Reservoirs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top