Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2013 7:24:21 AM EDT
DONATE: https://www.kintera.org/AutoGen/Simple/Donor.asp?ievent=1033969&en=ejIML2ORIeLLL5PKJ8LKL8OULqIWIZOHKfJXJdMTLsI5JmL

Grassroots donors have given nearly $300,000 to the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association to help its legal push to reverse the SAFE Act, which restricts the sale and possession of assault-style weapons and enacts new gun registration and ammunition tracking procedures.

Association president Tom King told the Buffalo News that his organization has not focused on raising money for political efforts since it is obvious they were not going to undo the law in the Legislature. Instead, efforts are on a court challenge, which King said has cost his group $350,000 so far.

Consider that the average contribution to New Yorkers for Gun Safety was $12,400 while the individual average donation to the New York Rifle and Pistol Association was $41.65.

The rifle and pistol association spent $5,500 on political activities; the Cuomo group spent about 75 times that level.

View Quote

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20130724/SPORTS/307240102/Gun-owners-up-against-big-money-politics?nclick_check=1

Thank you for your donation! Your generosity will help ensure that future generations will be able to exercise their civil rights in New York.

The following summarizes your contribution:
Payment Amount: $50.00
View Quote

Bill Green Friends of Bill Greene is seeking to raise funds for the legal defense of Town of Moreau resident Mr. Greene, who was charged under the unconstitutional NY SAFE Act. Mr. Greene is committed to fighting the charges against him until the end.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:26:35 AM EDT
[#1]
We are paying for both sides
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We are paying for both sides
View Quote

Sort of. The article mentions a PAC set up by Cuomo's minions that is raking in donations from Manhattan elites. I was more surprised that SCOPE has only taken in  $3,200 in the last 6 months.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:29:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I read the Buffalo Snooze article and my first thought was "what's the New York Rifle and Pistol Assiciation?" Duh, then it dawned on me that  they must be hiring writers from Yahoo News now because that's the only explanation of how/why they leave key words out.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#4]
The unSAFE Act was bought and paid for by anti-gun special interest groups and supporters. Always follow the money, always follow the money, always follow the money, always follow the money, always follow the money.....
AC campaign contributions for 2011/2012 and the next election isn't until 2014.  Always follow the money.
http://www.followthemoney.org/database/grid.phtml?s=NY&y=2012&c=135568&t=0#c135568

CUOMO, ANDREW

Office: GOVERNOR / LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR

Party Affiliation: DEMOCRAT

Incumbency Status: Incumbent

Election Status: Not Up For Election

Disclosure Reports Collected:
10/10

Total Raised to Date: $21,387,022

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Why is it that the freedom hater's alway's have sugar daddy's to fund there commie cause's, ( Soro's, Peter Lewis et. Al. ) and our side has to scrimp to fight this shit. Fuck this pisses me off. Not to mention the complicit fucking media.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:17:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why is it that the freedom hater's alway's have sugar daddy's to fund there commie cause's, ( Soro's, Peter Lewis et. Al. ) and our side has to scrimp to fight this shit. Fuck this pisses me off. Not to mention the complicit fucking media.
View Quote

Cause ammo is 'spensive
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top