Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2013 7:58:08 AM EDT
Looks like there's a form for "Organization assault weapon registration" that you need to download, fill out, and physically mail to the state police...

A trust is an organization. right?  

Not that I'm registering anything anyways...

Q: Must an organization such as a business or shooting club register an assault weapon?

A: Yes. Any assault weapons owned by an organization must be registered by April 15, 2014. Any such weapons must have been owned by the organization prior to January 15, 2013; as of that date, acquisition of new assault weapons is prohibited.

Q: Who can register the weapon on behalf of the organization?

A: The organization can designate any individual owner and/or employee as the "Responsible Party" for purposes of assault weapon registration. It is recommended that the individual be someone with responsibility for supervising use of the weapon(s), such as a head of security or range captain.

Q: Can organization registration of assault weapons be done online?

A: No. Click HERE to download form. The form must to be mailed to the address indicated.

Q: What if the "responsible party" leaves the organization or becomes ineligible to possess weapons?

A: The organization must designate a new responsible party, who must complete a new registration.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#1]
The trust would have needed to exist prior to the signing of the law, and the trust would have needed to possess them before that date.

Now if you had a trust before that date, who would know whether it possessed the weapons prior to tht date?

Except, why would you have out weapons into a trust previously?

I'm not sure I'd want to try this route.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#2]
This law is so blatantly unconstitutional... since when can the government seize your propery for absolutely no reason?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This law is so blatantly unconstitutional... since when can the government seize your property for absolutely no reason?
View Quote

Ask the Native American's.  They can probably fill you in.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This law is so blatantly unconstitutional... since when can the government seize your property for absolutely no reason?

Technically there was a reason... farmland and the expansion of the US economy.

Not saying its a good reason but its a reason nonetheless.

The current predicament has NO reason. No economic, agricultural or other reason
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm thinking the purpose was to allow Businesses like Armored Couriers, Defensive Trainers,  Gun Clubs (CMP/National Match) and the like to register their "Assault Weapons"
FUCK ANDREW CUOMO, THE STATE SENATE, AND THE STATE ASSEMBLY; I WILL NOT REGISTER ANY LONG GUNS!  
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm thinking the purpose was to allow Businesses like Armored Couriers, Defensive Trainers,  Gun Clubs (CMP/National Match) and the like to register their "Assault Weapons"
FUCK ANDREW CUOMO, THE STATE SENATE, AND THE STATE ASSEMBLY; I WILL NOT REGISTER ANY LONG GUNS!  
View Quote

Excellent point.  The plan of theirs, under the mistaken assumption of a high registration compliance rate, was probably to wait a couple of years, then BAN and REQUIRE CONFISCATION of all of these guns, while exempting those you mentioned above.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

This law is so blatantly unconstitutional... since when can the government seize your propery for absolutely no reason?
View Quote

Well in 1944 SCOTUS decided 6-3 that it was OK to seize your natural born US citizen ass by POTUS EO even though you had committed no crime and without due process.  

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That's not why it's unconstitutional.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's not why it's unconstitutional.

Party pooper.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Excellent point.  The plan of theirs, under the mistaken assumption of a high registration compliance rate, was probably to wait a couple of years, then BAN and REQUIRE CONFISCATION of all of these guns, while exempting those you mentioned above.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Registrations are only valid for 5 years... all the state has to do is stop accepting renewals or charge an insane fee.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

That  is. .. .  .proir  to  the  states  repossession  of  said  assault  weapons .  Registration  is  a  fools  errand  .
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

This.  Registrations are only valid for 5 years... all the state has to do is stop accepting renewals or charge an insane fee.

View Quote

The 5 year registration period doesn't necessarily mean anything. The applicable PL statute(s) could be amended at any time requiring all registered assault weapons/AFD to either be surrendered to LE for destruction or removed from the state within 90 days. This is exactly what NYC did in 1991 after permitting the registration of AWs in prior years.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:53:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

I 100% support this, NYS is quickly turning into Never on Your Side
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top