Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2013 11:03:43 PM EDT
So, If I purchase a stripped lower are the Cuomo thugs going to get flagged after my NICS check?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 11:44:05 PM EDT
[#1]
With DA Rice running the show and on her way to Attorney General the Nassau County mess will go state-wide and they will be checking the books on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:03:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:38:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So, If I purchase a stripped lower are the Cuomo thugs going to get flagged after my NICS check?
View Quote

NICS is only told the type of firearm.  Long-gun, Hand-gun, or Other (this is where a receiver falls in)  So if a FFL calls in the check and tells them other, that's all they know.

The serial number and what it actaully is never leaves the FFL unless requested by ATF for a trace due to a crime.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:01:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

NICS is only told the type of firearm.  Long-gun, Hand-gun, or Other (this is where a receiver falls in)  So if a FFL calls in the check and tells them other, that's all they know.

The serial number and what it actaully is never leaves the FFL unless requested by ATF for a trace due to a crime.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Additionally, dealers cannot be "compelled" to allow the State to review their Federal Bound Book without Warrant, most will let LEO review them.
Someone fishing through the books would have to know what they were looking for. Traces iniatiated by BATFE start at the manufacturere, then to the Distributor/Wholesaler (unless shipped direct to the Dealer) then the FFL has to dig through their Bound Book and/or 4473's.
I'm thinking the State hasn't the time, manpower, or inclination to search every FFL's books looking for receivers unless its specific to an investigation.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:10:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

+1
Additionally, dealers cannot be "compelled" to allow the State to review their Federal Bound Book without Warrant, most will let LEO review them.
Someone fishing through the books would have to know what they were looking for. Traces iniatiated by BATFE start at the manufacturere, then to the Distributor/Wholesaler (unless shipped direct to the Dealer) then the FFL has to dig through their Bound Book and/or 4473's.
I'm thinking the State hasn't the time, manpower, or inclination to search every FFL's books looking for receivers unless its specific to an investigation.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Yes state police do review the books remember Dealers need to have a state licensee also. In dutchess county reviews the dealers books at least once a year.  By both ATF and NYSP.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:20:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
With DA Rice running the show and on her way to Attorney General the Nassau County mess will go state-wide and they will be checking the books on a regular basis.
View Quote

Between the crime lab and the gun shop raid failures I can't figure out how she still has a job.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:54:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes state police do review the books remember Dealers need to have a state licensee also. In dutchess county reviews the dealers books at least once a year.  By both ATF and NYSP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Just a tidbit here because I see this tossed around all the time. You do NOT need a state license unless you are dealing with handguns. The FFL is the only thing you need in this state to deal with rifles and the "other" category
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:03:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Buy your lower complete with a stock and minus the pistol grip and it's no longer an other and can be transferred by an out of state dealer.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:36:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Just a tidbit here because I see this tossed around all the time. You do NOT need a state license unless you are dealing with handguns. The FFL is the only thing you need in this state to deal with rifles and the "other" category
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

yes but you do need that license if you intend on dealing with so called "assault weapons" and "hi-cap" mags.  without that peice of paper, a FFL won't be exempt from posessing them in inventory.  that is straight from the UN-SAFE act website.  

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:43:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

yes but you do need that license if you intend on dealing with so called "assault weapons" and "hi-cap" mags.  without that peice of paper, a FFL won't be exempt from posessing them in inventory.  that is straight from the UN-SAFE act website.  

View Quote

well that's good to know. and also seemingly an infringement up on the Fed's right to set the rules and regulations of interstate commerce....
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:10:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

NYS has a License to Deal in Firearms as well as one for Gunsmithing and selling propellant (gunpowder) they are administered and inspected by the Dept. of Labor. The Bound Book is a Federal requrement; it was hotly contested that the State had the right to examine it.
I'm pretty well betting that the legally conduct Business as a Dealer in Firearms in NYS you need their permission & oversight (not to mention paying fees for it) Seems you need a licenses/permit for everything else in this communist State.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:56:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Between the crime lab and the gun shop raid failures I can't figure out how she still has a job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Because the average person has no idea what is going on, unless something serious comes up close to the election, they figure that the county hasn't completely imploded yet so they just flip the switch for the incumbent.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top