Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2013 2:42:56 PM EDT
Just wondering if any relatively young guys up there might be looking for a job in a free state......looking for someone who lives eats and breaths AR's......can convert my waffle house napkin chicken scratchin drawings into solid models, and then set up a CNC lathe or mill to produce the part........you'll probably have to shoot guns daily as part of your job......and will be allowed to work on personal projects during your off time on shop machines.....salary isn't huge to start....probably $30K plus but performance bonuses are a definite....if you perform and the company does well......count on it. This is a start up company but well financed and compensation will also include stock options and other benefits that my partner and I am still discussing/developing. You will be doing everything from making barrels to assembling uppers, applying cerokote and even designing and making production fixtures from the start...as well as providing inpu on machines and tooling. We are laying the foundations for a new air conditioned building if you were worried about Georgia heat.....

Lots of Hog, Deer, bird, and small game and lots of large local public access lakes for fishing. Ga has some of the most liberal firearm laws in the nation.....loaded pistol in yer car with your drivers license......open or concealed carry with a Georgia weapons license, no AW restrictions or mag restrictions....about the only thing we still need to work on is we cant hunt with suppressors YET  

Shoot me an email with Machinist/Gunsmith in the subject line if you are interested.
Rudy
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#1]
No CNC experience here, however have built several ARs and Duracoat refinished several firearms, plus....

- I can grow a wicked beard, which my hot wife doesn't like...which somehow translates to working independently

- My wife is hot, a licensed veterinary technician, and likes to pose with firearms...or your dog if you have one, she'll even give it meds.

- We love to shoot guns, and Cuomo and his law can take a flying fuck

- I mingle well at parties and I'll buy you booze!

Well, not much of a resume for the position - but a big thank you for offering the position to us members behind the lines!

Best of luck to you in your endeavor.

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Your looking for a CNC guy for 30K a year?
You might be looking longer then you think.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I will take this job but I have no machining experience
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your looking for a CNC guy for 30K a year?
You might be looking longer then you think.
View Quote

Cost of living is significantly less here than where you are......you can have a nice 1 bedroom apt about 5 miles from my shop ...lakefront with utilities phone cable tv and internet for around $1000 a month.....and you missed the part about performance bonuses and stock options.....benefit package is still being developed...
If you are confident, skilled, and hard working and DON"T have a union mentality, and I mean by that, you are willing to do what is required to accomplish the mission......then that can easily double......the first year....

.I pay based on performance.....not the promise of what someone can do......and I won't be paying myself much more initially as the CEO, and my partner won't be taking a salary at all......until we start selling and shipping product. I'm looking for someone that wants career.....and to grow and develop with the company.

I have several prospects now.....but I'd thought I offer a way out for someone behind enemy lines........

Thanks guys......but CNC skills are a requirement
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No CNC experience here, however have built several ARs and Duracoat refinished several firearms, plus....

- I can grow a wicked beard, which my hot wife doesn't like...which somehow translates to working independently
- My wife is hot, a licensed veterinary technician, and likes to pose with firearms...or your dog if you have one, she'll even give it meds.
- We love to shoot guns, and Cuomo and his law can take a flying fuck
- I mingle well at parties and I'll buy you booze!

Well, not much of a resume for the position - but a big thank you for offering the position to us members behind the lines!

Best of luck to you in your endeavor.

View Quote

....if you had the CNC skills I'd be flying you down for an interview......I drink Bushmills black label, or Shiner Bock and Jagermeister shots....and the hot wife can come alongI'm married and young enough that I enjoy looking...but happy with my wife.....and old enough to know better
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 4:51:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Just out of curiosity, how does one acquire CNC skills? I've bought plenty of CNC machined auto parts, but I never really gave the process much thought before.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 5:20:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Many Vocational  Technical schools have programs.....some engineering schools have classes in CNC and a couple of potential candidates I'm looking at are self taught hobby machinists .........many learn by apprenticing in a machine shop and show potential.....numerous paths to knowledge.......I was a Army Signal Corps Officer when I had to leave the Army for orthopedic reasons.......within five years I had a cert as a Master Engine Machinist......and have worked as such and as a general manual machinist for almost 25 years....I was fortunate that I was able to teach myself in a small family business.......If I had the time I'd teach myself and do it alone with helpers....but I'm on an accelerated timetable with this startup .......I'll learn eventually......But I need someone with the skill to help me meet production goals......and someone I can learn from as well.......I am one of those people who even in the army made it a point to learn the jobs of my subordinates so I could fill in if we were short handed....or if the mission required it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool, thanks for the explanation.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 5:39:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I will take this job but I have no machining experience
View Quote

That's the spirit America was built on. In addition you have no bad habits to break.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 5:52:10 AM EDT
[#10]
you're 7 years too early.    

I was thinking of Tn though.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 7:07:25 AM EDT
[#11]
damn.... thats like my dream job right there!

Note to self... time to start learning CNC....
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Damn. I am your perfect candidate but I can't move right now. I make stuff from someone's chicken scratch on napkins everyday. I can fit a machine in my garage up here if you are interested.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Damn. I am your perfect candidate but I can't move right now. I make stuff from someone's chicken scratch on napkins everyday. I can fit a machine in my garage up here if you are interested.
View Quote

When can ya move....might have an opening then as well....
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:28:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Call me when you need an experienced B2B salesman for the awesome new line.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately not for a long time. Too many roots and I have a great toolmaker job here.  The haas in my garage offer still stands though.
Thanks for the offer and trying to help your bothers out in the commie states. It is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#16]
You wouldn't happen to be "THE" Mad Machinist?  Like, Jeter's Mad Machinist, would you?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I have no CNC experience.  But what I do have, is a particular set of napkins.  Napkins Ive acquired over a long career of eating food.  I will use these napkins to give to you, so you can draw on them.

Where do I apply?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 5:08:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You wouldn't happen to be "THE" Mad Machinist?  Like, Jeter's Mad Machinist, would you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not sure who Jeter is.....but I have been the "Mad Machinist" on numerous gun forums for quite a few years.......

Quoted:
I have no CNC experience.  But what I do have, is a particular set of napkins.  Napkins Ive acquired over a long career of eating food.  I will use these napkins to give to you, so you can draw on them.

Where do I apply?

All hope is not lost .....as we expand...I will be making my personel needs known here in the behind the lines forums......least I can do to help as many as I can to escape from behind enemy lines..............
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 5:19:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Where do I apply?

View Quote

Since you already escaped Newyorkistan and came back you're disqualified.  

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:36:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

All hope is not lost .....as we expand...I will be making my personel needs known here in the behind the lines forums......least I can do to help as many as I can to escape from behind enemy lines..............
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where do I apply?

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where do I apply?

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:49:06 AM EDT
[#22]
I currently work in a Machine shop and am 3 months deep in the process of growing a wicked beard. Funny thing is, I work part time as a Vet Tech as well. I'll give your dog meds but I'm not posing with it! How much CNC experience is required? PM if easier.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Too bad you're not closer to Huntsville Alabama: my Brother is a damn good machinist and works for Semans making parts for Steel Mills, he's almost  as big a gun-nut as I am.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:21:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Too bad you're not closer to Huntsville Alabama: my Brother is a damn good machinist and works for Semans making parts for Steel Mills, he's almost  as big a gun-nut as I am.  
View Quote

YOU LIE!

There is NOBODY that is as big of GUN NUT as YOU!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

YOU LIE!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YOU LIE!

FIFY Ad1 - fp is one of a kind, and a great guy - and not just because he always buys a lot of my stuff on trader's day.

(My Swiss baby is still purring right along).
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where do I apply?

Since you checked back in you can check back out but you can never leave.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where do I apply?

Good song!

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:16:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

FIFY Ad1 - fp is one of a kind, and a great guy - and not just because he always buys a lot of my stuff on trader's day.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YOU LIE!

Rub it in about the Swiss now why don't ya!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:22:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top