Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2013 4:37:02 AM EDT
I just secured that I am moving to NH within a few weeks.

I can't express how excited I am to leave this state and grateful I have the opportunity to do so. I wish I could help you guys with my pre-ban mags, if the laws hadn't changed I would be sending them out to you guys.

I hope that unSafe can get overturned and you guys can be free, until then keep fighting the good fight and I will stay with you guys to help where I can and remain a NYSRPA member. I'll be just about as close to albany as I am now so I will continue to help on that front as well!

It's a beautiful state, what a shame its been run into the ground.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:12:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Details of your departure?  Maybe you can share information that makes it easier for others to move too.

And good luck!
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:13:38 AM EDT
[#2]
It took the Israelites years to throw off their Yoke of oppression through exodus while Moses pleaded with Pharo
The gun owners of NYS will eventually be driven into;
1)  Staying and capitulating with words of "It's not that bad, I can live without..."
2)  Staying and fighting while keeping what they have hidden.
3)  Or "Fuck New York State, I'm outta here."
Perhaps there is a reason why we were sent to Church and had Bible passages read to us.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:27:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Details of your departure?  Maybe you can share information that makes it easier for others to move too.

And good luck!

Thanks! Well, my girlfriend was placed there for her job and we have been doing the distance thing for a while because my work is here.. but I decided to just go anyways and start fresh. I am still young (22) so I figured it was better to do it now then wake up some morning when I am much older and have never left. I will say this, NH is very welcoming and there is a TON of work there in the nashua/manchester/merrimack/bedford areas(where I am going). I work for a web development firm and myself and the owners weren't seeing eye to eye on things which made it much easier for me to part ways. I hope to see more good NY'ers take refuge in NH!

Quoted:
It took the Israelites years to throw off their Yoke of oppression through exodus while Moses pleaded with Pharo
The gun owners of NYS will eventually be driven into;
1)  Staying and capitulating with words of "It's not that bad, I can live without..."
2)  Staying and fighting while keeping what they have hidden.
3)  Or "Fuck New York State, I'm outta here."
Perhaps there is a reason why we were sent to Church and had Bible passages read to us.

You're spot on with all of that. It's sad what it has come to. I really wish the best for you guys but know its a lost cause now.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:31:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:35:54 AM EDT
[#5]
......well, at least you will not comply.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:39:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
......well, at least you will not comply.

Good luck.

I wasn't planning on it anyways Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:54:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Good for you. And good luck!
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 6:36:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 8:19:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Good luck in NH, and enjoy your freedom.  Let us know what life is like outside of this stalinist gulag.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 8:22:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Good luck in your travels. Dont forget about us.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Good luck and have fun! NH Is nice!

http://freestateproject.org/
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#12]
God Speed and good luck with all your (much brighter) future endeavors!  Your place can be a stop on the NY gun owners underground railroad.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good luck and have fun! NH Is nice!

http://freestateproject.org/

Stop it! That little scrolling board make this sound like paradise....my duffle is packing itself
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:41:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Good luck.

Watch out for the black flies!!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Good luck and God's speed.

NH may well still be on the list due to the wife wanting to stay near mom.
Snow however...is hell for the gimp-inclined. Since I have the cash, I think I'm just going to buy the property in Tx, and tell her to meet me there, or I'll find me a big hair, big butt, Texican chick.

Been holding off on sending the $60 to dept of state to fold the LLC.  I'll wait till I'm free and clear of the dept., to send my love letter, because a copy is going to the gov, as well as SP.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Congrats!

Do a 30rd PMag dump for us when you get there.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Good luck brother, I can only hope I am not far behind you.  I am trying my hardest to get a transfer through work.  If it works out that I can, the house will go on the market immediately.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm actually moving to NH next month also, for many of the same reasons. :-)

Let FREEDOM RING!!!! ;-)

And yes, look at all those awesome reasons NH is better. OPEN CARRY!!! ;-)

http://freestateproject.org/101Reasons
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:09:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Screw open carry. All I want is one of these weapons of mass destruction which is illegal to possess in NYS.

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:20:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks fellas!!!

Don't worry I wont forget about you.. For those in the Binghamton area, I can probably help you guys out with ammo and goodies since I will be around 1x/month probably.

I am getting a Springfield XD .40 as soon as I get my NH state residency legalized. Then applying for CCW. I want to get a class 3 stamp as well.

Looks like theres a million places to shoot here too.

@crossonscout - Glad to hear it! We'll have to go to the range sometime.. I wont have to pretend to count to 7 loading my 30 rounders anymore :)

I am going to set my cruise @ 1mph below speed limit when I leave with all my guns and mags and shit until I get out of NY LOL.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 4:36:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Lucky you. I still have a few more years before I can move out.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:01:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Screw open carry. All I want is one of these weapons of mass destruction which is illegal to possess in NYS.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/60597.jpg

LOL then come to the Live Free or Die state bro! You can have those and whatever kind of knives you want, et al! ;-)
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:06:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Thanks fellas!!!

Don't worry I wont forget about you.. For those in the Binghamton area, I can probably help you guys out with ammo and goodies since I will be around 1x/month probably.

I am getting a Springfield XD .40 as soon as I get my NH state residency legalized. Then applying for CCW. I want to get a class 3 stamp as well.

Looks like theres a million places to shoot here too.

@crossonscout - Glad to hear it! We'll have to go to the range sometime.. I wont have to pretend to count to 7 loading my 30 rounders anymore :)

I am going to set my cruise @ 1mph below speed limit when I leave with all my guns and mags and shit until I get out of NY LOL.

Hahah nice - yeah for sure bro. I went to this shoot this past weekend which was hosted by a friend and fellow free state project participant / owner of Snake Hound Machine which does custom AK-47s... Dudes open carrying and shooting all day. It was glorious.

Here's a writeup on it. Was SO much fun, and I got some good trigger time / training on my brand new custom Snake Hound Machine Glock G21 Gen 3 I'm having made for when I get to the free state. :-)
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:17:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Good for you, I'm pretty jealous!

7 years, 11 months, 6 days to go.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 8:46:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Knowing this state they'll pull you over and ticket you for obstructing the flow of traffic or something.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 9:08:22 AM EDT
[#27]
I think I've made up my mind that I'm going to college out of state.

I'll escape in a year or so...
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 9:09:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Knowing this state they'll pull you over and ticket you for obstructing the flow of traffic or something.  

LOL.

Quoted:
I think I've made up my mind that I'm going to college out of state.

I'll escape in a year or so...

Great idea. I made the mistake of going to UB, and I kicked myself for it later. Spending some time in a free state and you will really realize all that you are missing.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 2:01:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Congrats OP.  I escaped from the Rochester area for college down in Richmond, VA back in 2001 and never looked back.  Went back to my parents (they still live there sadly) for the first time in 4 years a couple weeks ago... I just couldn't do it guys, how you all stand the bullshit in that state is beyond me.  Grabbed all the firearms I'd left with my parents and brought them back down to VA with me, and also liberated a box of 5.56 from a dealer in Avon before I left (sorry, it needed to be free).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top