Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2013 12:43:48 PM EDT
Nothing really new.  I just posted it because its official.
http://www.governor.ny.gov/assets/documents/ffl_letter.pdf
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Burn it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:04:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Burn it.

Wipe your ass with it and send it back.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Can an FFL do a NICS check on them self?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#4]
So, as an FFL, you cannot charge more than $10 for a transfer? Or is it just a private transfer (which is no longer private)
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Well NICS generate a transaction number, no? So that number is written down on the copy of reciept or ID to prove it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Burn it.

Wipe  your  ass  w/ it  and  put  it  in  a  registered  envelope  to  prince  andy  himself .
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Burn it.

Wipe  your  ass  w/ it  and  put  it  in  a  registered  envelope  to  prince  andy  himself .

+1 better than my idea.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Well NICS generate a transaction number, no? So that number is written down on the copy of reciept or ID to prove it.

The new ATF "private party" transfer procedures are here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_9/520534_so_FTF_illegal__are_FFL_s_forced_to_play_.html&page=5

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So, as an FFL, you cannot charge more than $10 for a transfer? Or is it just a private transfer (which is no longer private)

Just "private transfers"
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just "private transfers"

Which means the vast majority of FFLs and firearm dealers in NYS will be doing "non-private transfers" for their regular 4473/P12 transfer fees.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:39:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Customer : "Will you do a private transfer for me?"

FFL : "Sure, it will cost you ten dollars.  You will also have to by this Bic ballpoint pen for 30 dollars. Deal?"

Problem solved.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Which means the vast majority of FFLs and firearm dealers in NYS will be doing "non-private transfers" for their regular 4473/P12 transfer fees.

No doubt
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Im thinking that you just have a sign like they do at the barbers saying "Tips strongly recommended for your own good" on your front door lol
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Can an FFL do a NICS check on them self?

We don't have to.  The only exception (as told to me by the ATF agent/inspector whatever that interviewed me) is an ffl or a police officer only if they have a letter, on department letterhead, from their superior stating that the weapon they are purchasing will be a duty weapon.  Then she said that you're supposed to keep the letter on file in lieu of the 4473.  If you wanted your ffl buddy to sell one of your guns on consignment and they logged the gun into their bound book and you changed your mind about selling it, your buddy would have to do a NICS check on you to give you your own gun back.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I personally think $10 is not enough - I am not an FFL though. I will be tipping for all private transactions.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I still fail to see how, unless the NYSP go hard with sting operations, they would ever know if two people that know each other did a private sale of a gun that they owned before the safe act went into effect.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:31:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I still fail to see how, unless the NYSP go hard with sting operations, they would ever know if two people that know each other did a private sale of a gun that they owned before the safe act went into effect.

Sssshhhhhhhh, dont tell anyone.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The fear will keep everyone on an even kiel, its already working, try and purchase an AR from someone....they think your a fed, you think he's a fed...fuck this state!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sssshhhhhhhh, dont tell anyone.

After it's a complete and utter failure, that will be their excuse to have total registration of all guns, as they goose step through the halls of the capital in albany.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top