Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2013 8:14:17 AM EDT
Heading to the city tomorrow.  Am I ok to carry a folder (Paramilitary 2)?  Only tourist thing I plan on doing is the Empire State building (metal detectors?).

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:30:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Best bet is a slip joint knife under 4".

If you bring your Spyderco, tighten it down so you can't open it without pushing on the blade with your thumb throughout the entire process.

If you can "Flick" it open it can be considered a "Gravity Knife"

Nuts, I know.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:31:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't keep it clipped to your pocket, it must be out of view completely unless in use, also, as a locking folder, it will be considered a "gravity knife" by nypd.  I'd look into carrying the UKPK if you want to rock a Spyderco in nyc.  This is nyc only and doesn't apply to the rest of NY state.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:37:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.  From this and everything I've seen elsewhere, I'm just going to leave it at home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top