Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2013 7:11:03 AM EDT
It'll be a few weeks before the paperwork is done and we can go get it, but here's my new "moving truck"  
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:13:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Just out of curiosity because I would like one. Where did you find it and if you don't mind me asking what did that run you. Nice TRUCK!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:19:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:23:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just out of curiosity because I would like one. Where did you find it and if you don't mind me asking what did that run you. Nice TRUCK!!!

govliquidation.com
search M923 or 5 ton or ??? There are other versions of the five ton truck with different model designations. M35 is the basic "duce and a half" (2-1/2 ton truck) but they're drying up fast.
Be careful of the location: you might get a cheap winning bid, but if it's in Puerto Rico there's little chance of you getting it back here without paying several times its value.
By the time I'm finished with buyers premium and sales tax I'll be into it for ~$1500. then another $800 or so to go get it home. (fuel/hotel/misc.)
The 5-tons are a beast of a truck with an 855cid Cummins engine and Allison Automatic transmission, even a kid can drive it, plus it's designed to be Soldier proof.  

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/search?cmd=results&fromsearch=true&searchparam_words=5-ton&searchparam_fsc=&searchparam_location=&searchparam_event_id=&searchparam_warehouse=&searchparam_lot_number=&searchparam_niin=&searchparam_nsn=&searchparam_company=&searchparam_cage_code=&searchparam_end_item_identification=&searchparam_demil_flag=&searchparam_days_since_replication=&searchparam_serviceable_flag=&searchparam_closing_today=&sort_column=lot_number&ascending=1&_per_page=30&submit.x=0&submit.y=0
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:51:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Keep us up to date on your adventure!
How do you go about registering that?

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:16:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Feris your my hero!

That would be fun, but doubt I'll ever get one.  Maybe you'll let me ride in the back to bring back some memories
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:33:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Feris your my hero!

That would be fun, but doubt I'll ever get one.  Maybe you'll let me ride in the back to bring back some memories

two weeks in the field covered in shit & face paint with twenty other guys not smart enough to know how to wipe there asses, bouncing in the back of a tarp covered truck for 25 miles on dusty gravel roads....no, some memories are better forgotten.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:35:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Keep us up to date on your adventure!
How do you go about registering that?

Military/Historical
Insurance for old military vehicles is surprisingly in-expensive especially when plated in free States of the South.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Idaho plates FTW!

We need to catch up in Albany.
You are a terrible influence!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Feris your my hero!

two weeks in the field covered in shit & face paint with twenty other guys not smart enough to know how to wipe there asses, bouncing in the back of a tarp covered truck for 25 miles on dusty gravel roads....no, some memories are better forgotten.  

LMAO... Hell some of my best post field training naps were on that baboon ass infested ride home.  Get that good nap in knowing there was a hot shower and a 96 at the end of all the BS...
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:49:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Damn that would be the final straw for me. She would definitely not go for one of those in the yard!!

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#12]
winner!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:56:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice work OP!  That thing is awesome!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Very Sweet Rig!  

I got my mil driver's license in one of them and then later got in the guard and they said I was Q'd to drive an M35 from Drum to Albany.  No walk around just get in and drive, (we ain't got time for this shit).  Nearly got to Lowville in low range!  yeah we ain't got time for this shit.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Very Sweet Rig!  

I got my mil driver's license in one of them and then later got in the guard and they said I was Q'd to drive an M35 from Drum to Albany.  No walk around just get in and drive, (we ain't got time for this shit).  Nearly got to Lowville in low range!  yeah we ain't got time for this shit.

I never really understood why a Diesel Engine in an over-the-road truck would go a half million miles, but in a Military truck only a couple years (really)  This truck I bought has a replacement engine in it.  In the last Shop I worked in, we had a rebuild program under National Maintenance and we built the engines and transmissions for these trucks....thousands of them.  The 855cid Cummins Engine was their main stay engine for decades. With various changes (mostly in the Cam system) they ran from ~220hp all the way up to 400hp, which in the day was huge power. These are rated at 250hp, but they can be "turned up" which won't help with speed (gear/RPM limited)  
I'd really like to have the old Duce and a half, but I'm so tall that to drive one, I have to leave the drivers door open so I can bend my leg to push the clutch in....fucked up, but true.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Damn that would be the final straw for me. She would definitely not go for one of those in the yard!!

Place the kids toys in the back and call it your yard!

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you seen the size of yards down there? the dog-mat has more grass.....come to think of it, you could fill the back and make a family sized garden.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:07:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you seen the size of yards down there? the dog-mat has more grass.....come to think of it, you could fill the back and make a family sized garden.

I have seen his yard, that is why I suggested throwing the toys in it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top