Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/20/2013 6:42:30 AM EDT
What makes them superior to me? They are everyday normal citizens rite? Also I thought there was only 30 days to amend the bill..the bottom of this story states 60 day's.

angry citizens
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:55:42 AM EDT
[#1]
too bad.  if it's good for the serfs, it's good for them.  i just wished it applied to bloomturd's bodyguards....
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:06:49 AM EDT
[#2]
“As a law enforcement officer for over 20 years, I understand the importance of instituting a new policy on mandating the limits of bullets that a regular citizen can possess, but as a matter of fact the bad guys are not going to follow this law,” said Norman Seabrook, president of the correction officers union, the city’s second largest.

^This right here^

How about a big Fuck You for that steaming piece of hypocrisy:

1) Bad guys won't follow the law to begin with.
2) Regular citizens subjects must be controlled. LE are more equal than the rest of us.

My "respect" for these assholes has, against all expectations, just dropped further...
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:13:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Keyword there is retired... They are no longer law enforcement, so they should be considered regular citizens and adhere to the same laws as everybody else.

Who's to say simply because you were law enforcement at some point in your life that you are exempt from going apes#*% on some innocents with "high capacity magazines".
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:42:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Retired LEO's are mad boo hoo!!! What about the men and women defending our country and freedom put their lives on the line for all of "us" you to LEO'S that are qualified on bigger and better arms then we could ever imagine. Now come home after honorable discharge to NY and handed this bag of crap. Sorry Leo's but after you retire and I respect your service but your a commoner just like us.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:11:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:17:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Serfs and commoners, very interesting, only if the serfs and commoners that you talked about has walked the walk
and are prone to possibe retaliations from people they've locked up in the past.
I believe LEOSA and HR218 should supercede this crap.

It really doesnt bother me too much, as I'm good with my revolver which has 5-6 rds.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:24:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Serfs and commoners, very interesting, only if the serfs and commoners that you talked about has walked the walked

and are prone to possibe retaliations from people they've locked up in the past.

I personally dont care, as I'm good with my revolver which has 5-6 rds.

Oh and my HK P7, which takes 7rd mags.

i don't want to hear it.  if the occupation was too dangerous you should have go into another field.  yeah and my 1911's come with 7rnd mags too.

no one is above the law.  these politicians make a living off of pba endorsements, if you don't like the 7 rnd law i'm sure your union can "fix" it for you.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:31:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Serfs and commoners, very interesting, only if the serfs and commoners that you talked about has walked the walk

It really doesnt bother me too much, as I'm good with my revolver which has 5-6 rds.

Too fucking bad.  I guess they need to learn to reload, quickly, and often, like the rest of us will.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I see that you are a willful part of the Divide and Conquer agenda that the Elitist want you to be I suppose you will be GOOD with your single shot muzzle loading pistol if that is what the powers to be ask of you ..... Thanks Alot
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:44:23 AM EDT
[#10]
The problem is that most cops don't have 10 round mags now, only 15.  So when they retire they will have to get rid of the 15s and 10s will no longer be legal to buy.  If no one makes 7 rounders than they will have no mags at all.  They should be exempt only from the part of the law that prohibits purchasing 10 round mags.  Let them buy 10 round mags before they retire and grandfather them in.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:46:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The problem is that most cops don't have 10 round mags now, only 15.  So when they retire they will have to get rid of the 15s and 10s will no longer be legal to buy.  If no one makes 7 rounders than they will have no mags at all.  They should be exempt only from the part of the law that prohibits purchasing 10 round mags.  Let them buy 10 round mags before they retire and grandfather them in.

they can buy 10 rounders and so can we until 4/15.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:49:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The problem is that most cops don't have 10 round mags now, only 15.  So when they retire they will have to get rid of the 15s and 10s will no longer be legal to buy.  If no one makes 7 rounders than they will have no mags at all.  .

IF no one makes 7 round mags then NONE of us will have mags at all. Why should retirees be any different? We should probably exempt retired politicians too- right?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:56:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Retired LEO's are mad boo hoo!!! What about the men and women defending our country and freedom put their lives on the line for all of "us" you to LEO'S that are qualified on bigger and better arms then we could ever imagine. Now come home after honorable discharge to NY and handed this bag of crap. Sorry Leo's but after you retire and I respect your service but your a commoner just like us.

Sworn LEO here.  yea, a retired LEO really is a regular joe.  
9 years .mil as well, sorry retired .mil is just a regular joe too.  

US constitution should apply.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:00:43 AM EDT
[#14]
You all should hope that no one makes 7 round mags. SCOTUS already ruled that they cannot ban those weapons most common to self defense. If there are no mags for 80% of handguns, which are the most common of self defense weapons, SCOTUS will overturn the 7 round limit.

The new law has so many issues with it, that I don't expect to see it upheld. Just have to wait for it to go to court.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Should the state assign bodyguards to every and each of you? Its a very popular lately

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sucks to be them.  I guess they'd better start buying mags now like everyone else.  They have until April 15th.

There aren't any available?  That sucks.  So sorry.  None of us can get them either.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#17]
As I said in the other LEO bashing/pissing/moaning/whining thread, for all of you in here jumping on the "I'm mad about the new law so I'm going to bash on whoever I can!" bandwagon,

YOU ALL CAN GO FUCK  YOURSELVES!

All you're doing is creating yet another split in our community.  At a time when we should all be banding together to fight this, you tards are in here making yourselves look stupid by shitbagging LEO's, who for the most part, are on your side!

YES THE NEW LAWS SUCK!  WE KNOW IT TOO!  TRYING TO MAKE YOURSELVES FEEL BETTER BY TRYING TO PUT IT ON LEO'S IS NOT GOING TO ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING!  GO AFTER YOUR REPS AND THE OTHER POLITICO'S THAT ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN!
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#18]
And what about all those outed Westchester and Rockland county permit holder who have been left to twist in the wind?  I doubt any of the criminals targeting these homes will be carrying 7 round mags.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:03:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Don't go after leos, they did not pass this law, we need to stand together against those that did, get them out of office or they will just keep passing this BS.  Right now they do not fear the gun voters or they would not have passed this.  At my gun club I have not heard leos, retired or not, in support of this law, but I have heard the skeet shooters and fudd deer hunters expressing support for it.  We all need to stand together.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Retired LEO's mad..

I'm not.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
As I said in the other LEO bashing/pissing/moaning/whining thread, for all of you in here jumping on the "I'm mad about the new law so I'm going to bash on whoever I can!" bandwagon,

All you're doing is creating yet another split in our community.  At a time when we should all be banding together to fight this, you tards are in here making yourselves look stupid by shitbagging LEO's, who for the most part, are on your side!

YES THE NEW LAWS SUCK!  WE KNOW IT TOO!  TRYING TO MAKE YOURSELVES FEEL BETTER BY TRYING TO PUT IT ON LEO'S IS NOT GOING TO ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING!  GO AFTER YOUR REPS AND THE OTHER POLITICO'S THAT ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN!

Well said....I've got big enough shoulders If they need to vent.  I do agree with what is good for the goose is good for the gander.   97% of all the LEOs in my agency are dead against this bill, and are disgusted.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Retired LEO's mad..

I'm not.

I'm not mad either...they are (above)
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:10:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Don't go after leos, they did not pass this law, we need to stand together against those that did, get them out of office or they will just keep passing this BS.  Right now they do not fear the gun voters or they would not have passed this.  At my gun club I have not heard leos, retired or not, in support of this law, but I have heard the skeet shooters and fudd deer hunters expressing support for it.  We all need to stand together.

the problem is we don't.  ask yourself how many of these pissed off retired leo's didn't bother to call or write because they assumed they would be exempt?  the first posts i read after this law was passed was, are leo's exempt.

everybody needs skin in the game.  everybody.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

the problem is we don't.  ask yourself how many of these pissed off retired leo's didn't bother to call or write because they assumed they would be exempt?  the first posts i read after this law was passed was, are leo's exempt.  

Cant speak for anyone else, but all the stuff that you guys posted with a link, I signed up for
even the petitions that gunsamerica kept sending /emailing me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

YES THE NEW LAWS SUCK!  WE KNOW IT TOO!  TRYING TO MAKE YOURSELVES FEEL BETTER BY TRYING TO PUT IT ON LEO'S
IS NOT GOING TO ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING!  GO AFTER YOUR REPS AND THE OTHER POLITICO'S THAT ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN!

With all respect sir...this is not a leo bash fest going on..I work with leo everyday and thank them all for their service ..this is about an everyday citizen who once was and officer, and believes that he is superior to us normals and has been forgotten with new law..it affects everyone..

Thank you for the work that you do for us..
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YES THE NEW LAWS SUCK!  WE KNOW IT TOO!  TRYING TO MAKE YOURSELVES FEEL BETTER BY TRYING TO PUT IT ON LEO'S

IS NOT GOING TO ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING!  GO AFTER YOUR REPS AND THE OTHER POLITICO'S THAT ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN!

With all respect sir...this is not a leo bash fest going on..I work with leo everyday and thank them all for their service ..this is about an everyday citizen who once was and officer, and believes that he is superior to us normals and has been forgotten with new law..it affects everyone..

There's no need to call me sir, I'm just a simple prison guard.  

I don't know where people are seeing all these raving mad retired cops spouting out about how they're superior to John Q. Public.  Not being a retired LEO, I can't speak for them.  What I can say is like you and me, they were used to the laws being one way.  Now Cuomo has fucked it for all of us.  They want things back they way they were, just like you and me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

There's no need to call me sir, I'm just a simple prison guard.    

I don't know where people are seeing all these raving mad retired cops spouting out about how they're superior to John Q. Public.  Not being a retired LEO, I can't speak for them.  What I can say is like you and me, they were used to the laws being one way.  Now Cuomo has fucked it for all of us.  They want things back they way they were, just like you and me.

No we want things equal, which wasn't the way it used to be.

I used to love buying a 10 round magazine and a neutered rifle while because of someones day job they could walk in right next to me and get a full optioned rifle and a pile of nice 30 round  pmags.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#28]
So take the test and do the work.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:19:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So wait, you pass a CIVIL SERVICE TEST and you deserve better then people that pay your salary with our tax money. Get off your high horse. I passed up a court officer job because the salary was a joke. Thanks, but no thanks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:25:45 AM EDT
[#30]
[/span][/quote]

[/quote]

You are ASSUMING LEO's didn't call or email, I did and so did others that I work with, IMO this affects all legal gun owners. I did my part and will continue to help fight this stupid law. They will fix what they messed up concerning exemptions.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:28:28 AM EDT
[#31]
The way things were??  LEO retirees were not exempt from the previous ban.......

This article posted is shameful, creating more bitter feelings.  Most LEOs I know are against this crap, take look at the elected Sheriffs sticking their necks out recently.  Less infighting, more cohesiveness for the common purpose I say....
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The way things were??  LEO retirees were not exempt from the previous ban.......

I don't think they will be this time around either.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:30:31 AM EDT
[#33]
I apoligize for my comment. Just fed up with everything right now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:30:52 AM EDT
[#34]
LEO retirees are not exempted during this ban they had not been exempted in the previous ban.

Nothing new.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Civillian laws suck huh
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:52:20 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So wait, you pass a CIVIL SERVICE TEST and you deserve better then people that pay your salary with our tax money. Get off your high horse. I passed up a court officer job because the salary was a joke. Thanks, but no thanks.

For one thing, MY tax money goes the same god damned place yours does so don't even play that card.  You passed up a court officer job?  Because of the salary?  You must be a high roller.  The only horse I'm on, sir, is one of the ones in my pasture every once in a while.

My comment was directed at all these whine asses complaining about the LEO exemption like we take LE jobs just for that.  I took the job so I can make $60k after 5 years and get a week off every 2 days, not so that I could have all the banned goodies in NYS.  Have I taken advantage of it, sure, I have no problem admitting that.  Does that make me into a leper to be shit on by all these angry gun owners that are pouncing on LEO's just because they get a stupid exemption?

You all are fighting the wrong enemy.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:20:54 PM EDT
[#37]
yep, the LEO's only had access to full load mags but lost that upon retirement.  They had to turn them in or give them to non retired guys.  

The fed law lets LEO's and retired LEO's carry nationally.

Seriously the man is right,  quit your bitchfest and save your own rights or sink together.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I took the job so I can make $60k after 5 years and get a week off every 2 days, not so that I could have all the banned goodies in NYS.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

For one thing, MY tax money goes the same god damned place yours does so don't even play that card.  You passed up a court officer job?  Because of the salary?  You must be a high roller.  The only horse I'm on, sir, is one of the ones in my pasture every once in a while.

My comment was directed at all these whine asses complaining about the LEO exemption like we take LE jobs just for that.  I took the job so I can make $60k after 5 years and get a week off every 2 days, not so that I could have all the banned goodies in NYS.  Have I taken advantage of it, sure, I have no problem admitting that.  Does that make me into a leper to be shit on by all these angry gun owners that are pouncing on LEO's just because they get a stupid exemption?

You dont need to answer or justify what youve accomplished and earned in life
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm with you for the most part it's not the LEO's, it's the lack of representation from our representatives.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Not fighting you our your fellow leo's at all. I apoligized for my comment it was said out of fustration with all this BS we have to deal with now. I just don't feel anyone should be above the law. Everyone here puts their pants on one leg at a time and should be treated as such, EQUAL. My position is this: I do't feel anyone should have the right to protect their family anymore then the next guy, regardless of their job.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:42:18 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I took the job so I can make $60k after 5 years and get a week off every 2 days, not so that I could have all the banned goodies in NYS.

Part of our union agreement allows us to swap shifts.  I'm on afternoon shift and swap with a day shift guy.  We work 2 16 hour shifts, then get 4-5 days off at a time depending on our regular days off.  Some guys even work 4-5 days of 16 hour shifts and get 6-9 days off in a row.

It makes having to work 2.5 hours away from home a bit better.  Even more so for the guys stuck at NYC area jails that live in the Buffalo area.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Part of our union agreement allows us to swap shifts.  I'm on afternoon shift and swap with a day shift guy.  We work 2 16 hour shifts, then get 4-5 days off at a time depending on our regular days off.

Ahhh, I see. Kinda like FDNY guys with "mutuals".
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not fighting you our your fellow leo's at all. I apoligized for my comment it was said out of fustration with all this BS we have to deal with now. I just don't feel anyone should be above the law. Everyone here puts their pants on one leg at a time and should be treated as such, EQUAL. My position is this: I do't feel anyone should have the right to protect their family anymore then the next guy, regardless of their job.

Everyone is feeling the frustration at this point I think.  What is really tipping me over is all these people in here up in arms over something as trivial as the LEO exemption, when you, me, and the good lord knows that put in that situation, they wouldn't hesitate to partake of the forbidden fruit.

The Governor, senators, and assemblymen/women are stomping on our 2nd amendment rights here in NY and some people are more concerned that LEO's are exempt.  Stupid.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Part of our union agreement allows us to swap shifts.  I'm on afternoon shift and swap with a day shift guy.  We work 2 16 hour shifts, then get 4-5 days off at a time depending on our regular days off.

Ahhh, I see. Kinda like FDNY guys with "mutuals".

I'm not familiar with their system, but every CO is assigned a shift and an RDO (regular day off) squad.  They are 1-7 with squad 8 being weekends off.  Squads 1-7 have rotating days off, so C.O. A on day shift squad 5 swaps with C.O. B on evening shift squad 5, they share their RDO's and work each others shifts on a regular rotation.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
“As a law enforcement officer for over 20 years, I understand the importance of instituting a new policy on mandating the limits of bullets that a regular citizen can possess, but as a matter of fact the bad guys are not going to follow this law,” said Norman Seabrook, president of the correction officers union, the city’s second largest.

^This right here^

How about a big Fuck You for that steaming piece of hypocrisy:

1) Bad guys won't follow the law to begin with.
2) Regular citizens subjects must be controlled. LE are more equal than the rest of us.

My "respect" for these assholes has, against all expectations, just dropped further...

What hypocritical crap.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too fucking bad.  I guess they need to learn to reload, quickly, and often, like the rest of us will.

you'll be surprised how quickly they're trained to reload.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:13:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see that you are a willful part of the Divide and Conquer agenda that the Elitist want you to be I suppose you will be GOOD with your single shot muzzle loading pistol if that is what the powers to be ask of you ..... Thanks Alot

If I was part of the Elitist that you talk about, we wouldnt be in this thread
Besides, you guys are doing all the "Divide and conquer",(whoever started this thread)
Instead of bickoring and picking on one group,
when are you guys going to realize we're all in the same boat here?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:16:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Just NYer's doing what they do best...slightly akin to different tribes of Islam.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:53:58 AM EDT
[#50]
I hope they dont pass the exemption. For 1 it adds more fuel to the fire to get this bill repealed.

I wish they would push it on the military to. Same reason

And this "I retired so Im better" crap needs to stop. So the fuck what you retired? How about all the cops the had to leave the jobs for their families or for medical reasons?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top