Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2013 6:39:29 AM EDT
After recent events I keep thinking about my gun brothers in states like New York and I keep wondering what I would do if I was living in a state that did the same thing.  How many of you have thought about packing up and relocating.  I know that is easier said then done but how many of you would go through the process of finding a new job, selling your homes and relocating your families to keep your 2nd amendment rights?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:45:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Just bought my 1st home....
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:54:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope.

Staying.

I am not letting the government dictate my life.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:57:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Nope.

Staying.

Gotta love those boating accidents!  
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:57:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd love to come and visit though
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:00:34 AM EDT
[#5]
just read through the other threads.  some will comply.  some will not.  some will leave, others will stay.  we all have somewhat unique circumstances.  each man will have to decide what's best for himself.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Not staying. But I decided that years ago. Living here reminds me too much of my time in the UK -- where people are subjects, not citizens.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:57:39 AM EDT
[#7]
When you're bullied you have choices: take it, fight back, revenge, or getting/staying away.
NYS has bullied us too many times. I have taken it, fought back, had monetary revenge and now it's time to get away.
I am actively searching for another job in the same field as I have now, but until the time as we cross the State line with our middle fingers held high, we will continue to fight! not for ourselves but for friends staying behind and those not deserving of the screwing Prince Andrew wants to give us.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:01:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

When you're bullied you have choices: take it, fight back, revenge, or getting/staying away.

NYS has bullied us too many times. I have taken it, fought back, had monetary revenge and now it's time to get away.

I am actively searching for another job in the same field as I have now, but until the time as we cross the State line with our middle fingers held high, we will continue to fight! not for ourselves but for friends staying behind and those not deserving of the screwing Prince Andrew wants to give us.

Pretty much ditto for me, sucks as the wife and I just bought our house.  Good thing is we should be able to at least break even on it, as we put a crapload of work into it.  Finding a job for her and I are going to be the hard parts I think.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:04:04 AM EDT
[#9]
5 year plan is in place.

With Dave Ramsey's program we can have all our debt - all of it (student loans, credit cards, car payments, home equity and mortgage) paid in full in 69 months.  That doesn't include putting tax returns or bonuses from work into it.  That's just by paying an additional $400 a month into our debt and snowballing it.

Plenty of time to add some letters after my name, sharpen up the resume, finish preps in case SHTF in the meantime, and get out of NY before the baby goes to preschool.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:11:55 AM EDT
[#10]
ef that.

come and get em.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:19:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope.

Staying.

ef the boating accidents

I am not hiding.

I am pretty old....I've led a good life.

Come and get them.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:35:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I live 10 miles from the PA border.  I wouldn't even have to change jobs.  Selling my house for a reasonable sum............whole different ballgame.

That's my goal eventually.  Sell NY house, move JUST over the PA border, buy a registered full auto, and a suppressor, and shoot the fucking thing in full auto, one foot from the NY border, on my property, every single day.  Yeah, I'll go fucking broke doing it.......but it'd be worth it
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:50:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I am fifty and I have never owned a home or any other property.  I had been looking for a house up until Sandy hit and I became the full-time caregiver to my senior citizen mother.  I realized then that I could not maintain both my own house and hers thus I gave up on the idea of buying a house (several friends got into very stressful situations keeping their own homes going as well as their parents/in-laws going - something I thankfully did not get stuck doing).  Then comes the ever increasing taxes here in Nassau County and the SAFE law and I realize that I would be better off putting my money in an out-of-state property and just keep stuffing my excess money into investments rather than give it to New York.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:02:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
5 year plan is in place.

With Dave Ramsey's program we can have all our debt - all of it (student loans, credit cards, car payments, home equity and mortgage) paid in full in 69 months.  That doesn't include putting tax returns or bonuses from work into it.  That's just by paying an additional $400 a month into our debt and snowballing it.

Plenty of time to add some letters after my name, sharpen up the resume, finish preps in case SHTF in the meantime, and get out of NY before the baby goes to preschool.

+1
However please consider two things:
Under the recently enacted Debt ceiling and loss of the Bush tax cuts your payroll taxes HAVE GONE UP so you will be paying more, so forget about a tax refund.
Second, I believe Dave's plans call for reviewing your with holdings: if you're getting money back that you paid in, then they're taking too much out which equates to a free loan to Uncle Sam. A good tax consultant or accountant can help you decide the appropriate amount.
The one thing we have going for us in my area is a strong housing market: there isn't enough on-Post or Military housing, so there's little trouble selling your house unless you're asking stupid money. With all the renovations and remodeling, our home is ~130K which after 20 years is about what we have in it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm out of ny 1 to 2 years tops,need time to sell my house and other things i will not be taken with me, i said if ny law makers stufed one more law down my throut that would be it,me and the wife are out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:12:20 AM EDT
[#16]
We are leaving. (me ,wife, three grown children, dog,cats)
Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:13:23 AM EDT
[#17]
I plan on moving when the time is right. Its not right quite yet, but once my employment ends I see no reason to stay
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Im not leaving NY FUCK them all.....we will win in the end my rally friends will make sure of it ..... GOD BLESS YOU ALL..
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:20:09 AM EDT
[#19]
I'll stay as long as I can and fight this crap political tide here to keep it from spilling into other places.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Waiting to retire. I will reassess then. Moving sounds better every day, not just for firearms freedom. That's just the last straw.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Im not leaving NY FUCK them all.....we will win in the end my rally friends will make sure of it ..... GOD BLESS YOU ALL..

good luck with that !!!

Im out as soon as I can ,,,its only gonna get worse here !!!

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#22]
My long term plan was to get out of NY, that has not changed.

Short term, I will continue to call, email and donate. Hope for the best and plan for the worst.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#23]
I have been thinking of moving for years. Once my wife finishes her last semester this may for her masters we are up and moving south. Can't stand New York for more reasons than just my 2nd amendment rights. I've lived here for 26 years and I can finish up my masters elsewhere. Can't wait til May.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Fuck em. Ill move when we win or when it aint going nowhere
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:06:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
How many of you have thought about packing up and relocating?

I'm already looking into it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope.

Staying.

Lake Erie is gonna have a lot of wreckage
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#27]
ive thought about it but next to impossible

both a mine and my wifes families are here.  all my nieces and nephews etc etc etc

i have the best job in the world that is next to impossible to get in NYS..  just as difficult in other states to get.   My wife has enough time on her job she starting to make decent money and had to get a masters degree just to get the job here, no idea if she could even transfer her certifications to other states, even IF they were hiring.

seems both of our careers are being down sized and cut left and right..  

and Im the kind of guy to be the thorn in ones side,  so i think it would be much more fun to stay and play fuck fuck games with these ass holes.   since all this shits been dropping and obama doing whatever he thinks he wants to do , makes me want to get much more involved.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:54:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
ive thought about it but next to impossible

both a mine and my wifes families are here.  all my nieces and nephews etc etc etc

i have the best job in the world that is next to impossible to get in NYS..  just as difficult in other states to get.   My wife has enough time on her job she starting to make decent money and had to get a masters degree just to get the job here, no idea if she could even transfer her certifications to other states, even IF they were hiring.

seems both of our careers are being down sized and cut left and right..  

and Im the kind of guy to be the thorn in ones side,  so i think it would be much more fun to stay and play fuck fuck games with these ass holes.   since all this shits been dropping and obama doing whatever he thinks he wants to do , makes me want to get much more involved.  

I have an great job.  36 days vaca now....

but that's beside the point....I am not leaving.

I am going to sit here and fight on the front lines.

Although I DO HAVE A PROBLEM....with my fellow NYer's.

Some of you are the most wimpy pieces of shit I wouldn't even feed to my dogs.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#29]
I am going to stay and fight this out for a year.  My job has been moved to Houston and I told them I would like to stay here in WNY.  They have not replaced my position with anyone down there yet, so I may ask them to hold off.  We have a few older family members to consider before leaving.  Hopefully we can get this law changed.  If not, I will be looking to get out of NY.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:58:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You are a wise man.

People that are dissing your stance are pussys...plain and simple.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Fuck em. Ill move when we win or when it aint going nowhere

Thank you...but remove the "ain't going nowhere part" and you will be golden in my book.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Moved back up to Lancaster, Ny ( born and raised ) from the esatern Panhandle of Wv after a divorce to start over in November. With the cost of living and the shitty job propects and now this Commie Coumo bullshit I am very glad I did not find a house here to buy or that My house in Martinsburg, Wv did not sell because I am out of this shithole state for good come April 1st. Only took a couple of months to remember why I left in the first place. Moving back to Wv were the men are men and the magazines have more than 7 fucking rounds !!!!!!.....WVleo
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Moved back up to Lancaster, Ny ( born and raised ) from the esatern Panhandle of Wv after a divorce to start over in November. With the cost of living and the shitty job propects and now this Commie Coumo bullshit I am very glad I did not find a house here to buy or that My house in Martinsburg, Wv did not sell because I am out of this shithole state for good come April 1st. Only took a couple of months to remember why I left in the first place. Moving back to Wv were the men are men and the magazines have more than 7 fucking rounds !!!!!!.....WVleo

The men are still men here.

At least the ones I associate with.

Go wherever you must...but us men are going to fight.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Not staying. But I decided that years ago. Living here reminds me too much of my time in the UK -- where people are subjects, not citizens.

same thing except i was never in the UK, i decided to leave about a 2-3 yrs ago. my kid has 2 yrs of school left and see ya, ill be at the graduation in a damn UHAUL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top