Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2013 6:15:21 PM EDT
Anyone know or have info on how a 1 person in the County Clerks Office position in Putnam County will handle rifle registrations ?

The county does not have needed funds to hire anyone ?????

I have already read that Sulivan County Officals stated it would take them to 2018 to get every firearm registered

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think these things will be done at the county level at all.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#2]
It was stated all regs will be done at County Level, I really doubt State police will be doing Regs
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I think you are confused.

They affirmed that pistol licenses will continue to be handled at the county level.  On the demoncrats wish list was to have pistol licensing done at the state level, but they gave up on that (for now) as part of their "compromise."

Again, I am fairly certain that the "assault weapon" registration will be handled by the NYSP.  I am almost 100% positive of this.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I think you are confused.

They affirmed that pistol licenses will continue to be handled at the county level.  On the demoncrats wish list was to have pistol licensing done at the state level, but they gave up on that (for now) as part of their "compromise."

Again, I am fairly certain that the "assault weapon" registration will be handled by the NYSP.  I am almost 100% positive of this.

From my understanding of this law tyrannical infringement you are correct.  The NYSP will register "assault weapons" via a form that must be filled out and mailed to them.  It sounds like whatever magazines that must be registered will be done on the county level.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:55:22 PM EDT
[#5]
NYP I guess you are talking about the curio mags?  In my analysis of this abomination I failed to study that section as it was irrelevent to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top