Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2013 6:55:43 AM EDT

Please stop calling them assault weapons..

That's what they ( Libs) call them...they are using the media to brain wash non gun citizens with this term

Hey they even have us calling them Assault weapons

My rifles have never assaulted anyone.

They are just semi- auto rifles...Simple.

Same with high capacity magazines.....Mine are all standard capacity...
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:59:01 AM EDT
[#1]
mine just tried to chase me around my house.

im scared.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:57:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Not to be an A$$ (sometimes I cannot help myself) but a liberal friend of mine, who does not know of my strong Second Amendment views, posted a link and picture on Facebook pointing out that it was the firearms industry that came up with the offending terms in the early 1980's.  The picture was of an issue of Guns & Ammo from way back in 1982 (ISBN 0-8227-2234-8).  An issue I just happen to have sitting in front of me right now as I write this.  It it titled "Assault Rifles: The New Breed of Sporting Arm" by Art Blatt, Field Editor, Guns & Ammo.  It covers "Complete Data on Semi-Autos from: Armalte, Baretta, Colt, FN, H&K, Leader, ROger, SIG, Springfield, Valmet".

I also have "The Complete Book of Assault Rifles", published in 1983 by Harris Publications and "Special Weapons" also published in 1983 by Harris Publications.  I bought the former due to a technical article on the .223 round and the latter because of review of the Colt AR-15.  

So yes, I resent the term Assault Weapons but if we are going to be honest, the term was lifted from early 1980's literature by the anti's.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:30:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Absolutely - same opinion here.  I make a point (as often as I remember)  of writing "assault weapons [sic]".

It is important.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:36:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not to be an A$$ (sometimes I cannot help myself) but a liberal friend of mine, who does not know of my strong Second Amendment views, posted a link and picture on Facebook pointing out that it was the firearms industry that came up with the offending terms in the early 1980's.  The picture was of an issue of Guns & Ammo from way back in 1982 (ISBN 0-8227-2234-8).  An issue I just happen to have sitting in front of me right now as I write this.  It it titled "Assault Rifles: The New Breed of Sporting Arm" by Art Blatt, Field Editor, Guns & Ammo.  It covers "Complete Data on Semi-Autos from: Armalte, Baretta, Colt, FN, H&K, Leader, ROger, SIG, Springfield, Valmet".

I also have "The Complete Book of Assault Rifles", published in 1983 by Harris Publications and "Special Weapons" also published in 1983 by Harris Publications.  I bought the former due to a technical article on the .223 round and the latter because of review of the Colt AR-15.  

So yes, I resent the term Assault Weapons but if we are going to be honest, the term was lifted from early 1980's literature by the anti's.

http://www.schaffrath.net/photos/Magazines.jpg

This might be true, BUT the industry has moved away from the term "Assault Rifle" many years ago......so, dont buy into all there Bullshit!! They just want it to look/be as scary as they can for their cause!
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:04:57 AM EDT
[#6]
How about SERVICE RIFLES

PRO or CON

Just a thought?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#7]
How about MSR-15 (Modern Sporting Rifle)

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 11:12:54 AM EDT
[#8]
DOD definition  for assault rifle is "select fire" rifle.   Therefore a semi auto rifle is not an assault rifle.  

However, bills usually define items under the verbiage "for the purpose of this bill".....

We got lucky in Illinois for now.   I was pulling for you and still am hopeful this law gets trashed.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 11:17:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Did anyone else notice they started to call them military style weapons now?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Did anyone else notice they started to call them military style weapons now?

big time

a lot of the pols are calling ar's this.   and follow it with "why does da civilian need dem ......."

ive, on average, and commonly refer to EBRs as "rifles" or "sticks"  

4 years in the Marines,, never once have I heard a Marine refer to an AR/M16 as an "assault weapon" or "assault rifle"  

imagine a Marine walking around asking "hey billy, you seen where I set down my assault weapon? "  

its more liek "hey you fucking piece of fucking shit you fucking fuck,  where is my rifle, i know you have it, give it up before i dogpound your stupid fucking face"

ITS A FUCKING RIFLE.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I kepe reminding them that they are sporter rifles.....not assault rifles.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top