Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/24/2012 6:29:24 AM EDT
2 Webster firefighters killed. 2 wounded.  Multiple homes burned to the ground.  Nut job still on the loose.

According to police no active shooter

UPDATE:  Shooter dead, possibly self inflicted.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:39:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope it's a meth-lab that went poof and not some crazy-ass with an "assault weapon" looking to make the news.  Prayers to the families of those lost, and to those still responding.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:06:49 AM EDT
[#3]
WTF is wrong with people these days??

I give it approx 4 more hours till the anti gunners in albany use this as more ammo to push their agenda.

thoughts go out to the victims
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:13:12 AM EDT
[#4]
What a shitty situation for Christmas Eve
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:13:29 AM EDT
[#5]
this might be the nail in the coffin for us gun owners in NY
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:16:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Nut ball gunman dead.  3 hour shoot out with police.  6 homes on fire
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:17:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Annnd its all over nbcnews.com and cnn.com now
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:20:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds to me like some ammunition exploded from fire. According to cops there's no active shooter or shooters found on scene.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#9]
now we're really screwed....
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:22:32 AM EDT
[#10]

This shit if fucking crazy.

I'm here in Webster with family.

I used to work with and know a lot of those guys...this has hit pretty close to home.

My heart goes out too all families involved.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:32:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I have friends who are Webster firemen.  I'm afraid to call.

Anybody know where to find names?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:32:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I am a 1/2 mile from there.  The firefighters were ambushed upon arrival.  3 hr shootout with police. APCs used to evac residents.  Shooter found dead, shot, either by his own hand or police.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:44:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Abom, check Wham, channel 13 Rochester.

Actually all the news has it now.

It's all guys we know dude.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:46:57 AM EDT
[#14]
I do know one of them, and his family.   It's going to be a shitty Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#15]
prayers go out to everyone involved.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:50:26 AM EDT
[#16]
fucked up shit
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#17]
WTF... I drive to Arcade to pick up the kid and have to come home to see this!  I live in the town across the Bay from this mess.  I'm sick to my stomach for all those involved
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Prayers for all those affected...
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:17:41 AM EDT
[#19]
I grew up in Webster.

SEVEN kids I went to school with killed somebody.

*NEWSFLASH*  not one of them was unknown to anybody.  We all knew that they were trouble.  I'll even admit- we tried to off three of them, and if we had we've had saved three lives.   The police knew these assholes, the school admin did, and all the students knew they were the bottom of the cesspool.  

Word is in this case the killer just was released from prison after serving time for killing his mother with a hammer.  Another known nutjob running free.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#20]
wham has the update with names..

wham 1180 if you want to google it.  

audio is up too from the dispatcher.   you may not want to listen
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:11:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I do know one of them, and his family.   It's going to be a shitty Christmas.

Sorry to hear that
Prayers to all the families involved.
This nutcase should have still been behind bars!  Rehabilitated my ass!
Tired of this shit!

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#22]
seems the gunman murdered his grandmother back in the 80's with a hammer and released after 18 years in prison.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Third question asked in news conf was about gun control.....surprise surprise
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#24]
It is a sad day, I wish there was something to relieve these family's sorrow.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Third question asked in news conf was about gun control.....surprise surprise

pointless, felon shouldn't have had  a gun.  hense the reason gun control doesn't work.  fucking media turds.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
seems the gunman murdered his grandmother back in the 80's with a hammer and released after 18 years in prison.

That's NYS for you... IMHO if you murder someone you should spend the rest of your life in prison. There's absolutely no reason why an animal like this should have been able to walk around as a free man after what he did in 1981.  Oh wait, "it's the guns fault" again! Maybe we should hold the people on the parole board responsible when someone they let out reoffends?

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:40:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Good to know how well our Justice system worked, Rehabilitating an CREATURE (He is not good enough to be called a man) who Murdered his grandmother by slamming a claw hammer into he skull, The authorities felt he was good enough to walk among Humans after only 17 years.

Reminds me of the guy who killed Nassau County  PO "Arthur Lopez", Then killed the poor guy he carjacked "Ray Facey", this Creature only served 5 years for attempted Murder before they let him out.
I did not mention any of the Creatures names because I feel they do not deserve to get any publicity, Like the Newsies give them.

But wait, Prince Andrew will say It was not his fault, it was the Guns!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#28]
God bless our brothers and their family's through his holiday season...

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Any word on the weapon used?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#30]
not yet.  initial reports of a rifle of sorts.   but that was the audio i listened to not investigative reports
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Thoughts to the families and community impacted by this insane act......

What the fuck is going on with this country....
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#32]

It's being reported that the gun used was an AR
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Heartfelt condolences to the family's of the deceased, this craziness is terrible and it is spreading like the plague.

To all in the ARFcom community who lost friends, co-workers, brothers in-arms and loved ones you are in my thoughts.
GOTURBACK    
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's NYS for you... IMHO if you murder someone you should spend the rest of your life in prison. There's absolutely no reason why an animal like this should have been able to walk around as a free man after what he did in 1981.  Oh wait, "it's the guns fault" again! Maybe we should hold the people on the parole board responsible when someone they let out reoffends?

this
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:07:12 PM EDT
[#35]
 So sorry to hear this.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#36]
We are so screwed.  I feel for them, and the families. One of the victims was 19.  

7 homes burnt down on Christmas Eve.  They are combing through rubble to see if there were any more victims.

This guy was a felon with guns, and batshit crazy.  Is that going to matter to piers morgan?  Nope.  The CNN article already edited out the police chiefs words about crazy people and only focused on the gun control part.

Fuck.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:09:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Channel 10 NBC is focusing on the illegal aspect of a felon with a gun.  Not once did they mention assault weapon but referred to it sole as a rifle.  They refused to air the police/wfd dispatch calls citing how it is inappropriate to air at this time.

Thank you for maintaining journalistic integrity WHEC.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

in red.........yes we should
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:22:43 PM EDT
[#39]
WHEC is the only one who maintains any journalistic integrity typically.

As someone deeply involved in the county system, FUCK.

Thank you, NYS justice systems for allowing a convicted murderer back into society to kill and wound my brothers.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#40]
I would like to buy a drink for the initial responding officer who exchanged fire with the Creature, Possibly wounding him, ending the shooting.
Good Job Officer!
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:30:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Channel 10 NBC is focusing on the illegal aspect of a felon with a gun.  Not once did they mention assault weapon but referred to it sole as a rifle.  They refused to air the police/wfd dispatch calls citing how it is inappropriate to air at this time.

Thank you for maintaining journalistic integrity WHEC.

From their website:

Law enforcement source: Webster shooting suspect had 3 weapons and bottles of gasoline

Posted at: 12/24/2012 7:32 PM

<snip> Spengler had a pistol, a shotgun and a semi-automatic AR-15 type rifle with 30 shot magazine capability. One of the magazines was spent and three were unspent. Police are now trying to figure out where he got them. <snip>

Read the article here

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I grew up in Webster.

SEVEN kids I went to school with killed somebody.

*NEWSFLASH*  not one of them was unknown to anybody.  We all knew that they were trouble.  I'll even admit- we tried to off three of them, and if we had we've had saved three lives.   The police knew these assholes, the school admin did, and all the students knew they were the bottom of the cesspool.  

Word is in this case the killer just was released from prison after serving time for killing his mother with a hammer.  Another known nutjob running free.

7?
How old are you
I am class of 80 RLT

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#43]
I was class of '83.  

Al Chempke was a serious drug addict, always out of this world high in the halls.  Trying to stomp giant spiders that didnt' exist.  Killed Jackie in a head-on while he was stoned/ drunk.  Killed her family too; they were never right after that.   They're all dead now, cancer, physc problems, etc.  Whole family gone, because of one asshole.

Terry Schuler was the tough dude POS in school.  We all carried knives (even in school, it was legal then) becuase knives were a tool.  Not to him, his was a weapon.  He beat, threatened, and abused everyone.  A real POS and everyone knew it.   I'm going on record now, we tried to off this POS, yes a bunch of kids.   Stung a thick line across the path he used to take his motorbike home, and like a moron I forgot about the same line I strung and 30 minutes later hit it myself.  Still have the scar on my throat.  If we got him, no evidence would have ever been found.  Later sodomized and raped an elderly lady.   Back to jail.  No idea where he is now, hopefully dead.

#3, I forgot his name, was a friend of Schuyer.  He shot/killed his mother with a .22 when she woudn't let him take the car.   We never thought much of him, he was just a no good loser.  

#4, well time erases names, so I don't recall.  He was a POS, not one of the tough guys, but known by everyone to be a nut job.  He attacked me one day because he thought his girlfriend had th hots for me.  Maybe he was right.   Anyhow, after news hit that he sodomize and suffocated an old lady we went looking for him.  Cops found him first.  My mom was not happy that we were out and about, and less happy when I told her we were looking for the SOB.   If we'd found him before the cops there would never have been a bit of evidence.

#5 his family name I forgot.  I'll remember it.   Somehow we knew he was a POS and the cops were trying to find who was stealing all the bicycles.  We knew.  Of course, we thought the cops knew everything- if I know it the cops know it, right?  Obviously not.  We set up on rooftops with our bikes at the end of driveways.  Kaptein went by but never stole our bikes.  He was a nutcase and crook, but not stupid, duh.  They busted him with a stolen .45 and 25 (that is, TWENTY FIVE) bikes in his parents' garage.    When the parents were questioned they thought he had a business fixing bikes.   Or so they said. He later went to jail on lots of charges.

#6 and #7 I've forgotten.  It was a long time ago, but I remember the numbers.

In each case, the (future) killer was well known to everyone.  They were alll a total POS. No  friggin' surprise for any murder.

I have no idea what motivated us 15-17 YO kids to hunt these bastards.  Obviously we had no comprehension of the repercussions if we succeeded.   We were 15 and 16 YO kids who somehow knew what a POS was and knew it needed to be eliminated. It wasn't a gang thing.  It wasn't blood lust.  It was amazingly a bunch of 15 and 16 YO friends who thought there were things to be done, just like raking the lawn.   Amazing, in hindsight, because we were right.  And, at least in the Schuler case, had we succeeded nobody would every know what happened- not to this day.  We were smart MFs.  Too smart. Now wer're top level professionals.  

Anyway, the point is that Webster, and most communities, have total POS people that one day will destroy.   How is it that group of 15 YO kids can see this and act (albeit ineffectively) to eliminate the garbage?  Why isn't "the system" doing it?

We lost a guy today who I thought was fabulous and a great leader today.  We lost him for one reason- because these POS are put back on the  street.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:42:32 PM EDT
[#44]
As a member of the fire service I was sicken to hear about this and felt worse knowing my chief know all the victims.  Another Audio Clip of one of the firefighters involved stated he could see the muzzle flash and was taken cover a 1/2 mile down the road after being shot at

Scroll Down towards the bottom
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/24/webster-new-york-firefighter-shot/1788917/

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:05:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I was class of '83.  

Al Chempke was a serious drug addict, always out of this world high in the halls.  Trying to stomp giant spiders that didnt' exist.  Killed Jackie in a head-on while he was stoned/ drunk.  Killed her family too; they were never right after that.   They're all dead now, cancer, physc problems, etc.  Whole family gone, because of one asshole.

Terry Schuler was the tough dude POS in school.  We all carried knives (even in school, it was legal then) becuase knives were a tool.  Not to him, his was a weapon.  He beat, threatened, and abused everyone.  A real POS and everyone knew it.   I'm going on record now, we tried to off this POS, yes a bunch of kids.   Stung a thick line across the path he used to take his motorbike home, and like a moron I forgot about the same line I strung and 30 minutes later hit it myself.  Still have the scar on my throat.  If we got him, no evidence would have ever been found.  Later sodomized and raped an elderly lady.   Back to jail.  No idea where he is now, hopefully dead.

#3, I forgot his name, was a friend of Schuyer.  He shot/killed his mother with a .22 when she woudn't let him take the car.   We never thought much of him, he was just a no good loser.  

#4, well time erases names, so I don't recall.  He was a POS, not one of the tough guys, but known by everyone to be a nut job.  He attacked me one day because he thought his girlfriend had th hots for me.  Maybe he was right.   Anyhow, after news hit that he sodomize and suffocated an old lady we went looking for him.  Cops found him first.  My mom was not happy that we were out and about, and less happy when I told her we were looking for the SOB.   If we'd found him before the cops there would never have been a bit of evidence.

#5 his family name is Kaptein.   Somehow we knew he was a POS and the cops were trying to find who was stealing all the bicycles.  We knew.  Of course, we thought the cops knew everything- if I know it the cops know it, right?  Obviously not.  We set up on rooftops with our bikes at the end of driveways.  Kaptein went by but never stole our bikes.  He was a nutcase and crook, but not stupid, duh.  They busted him with a stolen .45 and 25 (that is, TWENTY FIVE) bikes in his parents' garage.    When the parents were questioned they thought he had a business fixing bikes.   Or so they said. He later went to jail on lots of charges.

In each case, the (future) killer was well known to everyone.  They were alll a total POS. No  friggin' surprise for any murder.

I have no idea what motivated us 15-17 YO kids to hunt these bastards.  Obviously we had no comprehension of the repercussions if we succeeded.   We were 15 and 16 YO kids who somehow knew what a POS was and knew it needed to be eliminated. It wasn't a gang thing.  It wasn't blood lust.  It was amazingly a bunch of 15 and 16 YO friends who thought there were things to be done, just like raking the lawn.   Amazing, in hindsight, because we were right.  And, at least in the Schuler case, had we succeeded nobody would every know what happened- not to this day.  We were smart MFs.  Too smart. Now wer're top level professionals.  

Anyway, the point is that Webster, and most communities, have total POS people that one day will destroy.   How is it that group of 15 YO kids can see this and act (albeit ineffectively) to eliminate the garbage?  Why isn't "the system" doing it?

We lost a guy today who I thought was fabulous and a great leader today.  We lost him for one reason- because these POS are put back on the  street.

#4 was Valope ........I think
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:15:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was class of '83.  

#5 his family name is  .   Somehow we knew he was a POS and the cops were trying to find who was stealing all the bicycles.  We knew.  Of course, we thought the cops knew everything- if I know it the cops know it, right?  Obviously not.  We set up on rooftops with our bikes at the end of driveways.  Kaptein went by but never stole our bikes.  He was a nutcase and crook, but not stupid, duh.  They busted him with a stolen .45 and 25 (that is, TWENTY FIVE) bikes in his parents' garage.    When the parents were questioned they thought he had a business fixing bikes.   Or so they said. He later went to jail on lots of charges.

#4 was Valope ........I think

Bingo.  RIck Valope.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:33:58 AM EDT
[#47]
This is the second case in 2 weeks locally (the last one was a few miles from me) where a felon who was convicted of manslaughter had hold of not only a weapon but an "assault weapon". This guy shot his wife in the face with an AR15 and it went clear through both cheeks. Then he offed himself with a 9mm with their 3 y/o girl in the house. He had been let out of prison after shooting his girlfriend in the head and was also involved somehow in the murder of another girl. I'm thinking about writing Gov. Cuomo and Chuckie Shumer and asking them why these people are ever allowed to be released from prison. Why are they not sentenced to death? What are their plans to prevent this from happening again? The laws didn't do shit to prevent either of these horrible incidents from happening.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#48]
They want more gun laws and they can't enforce the ones they have. Rest easy,brothers, we got it from here. May God bless their families and friends.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:11:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Chip was a good kid who really did a great job.   Always friendly and smiling.

Michael J. "Chip" Chiapperini
Chiapperini, Michael J. "Chip"

Webster: Passed away as a result of a tragic line of duty event on December 24, 2012, age 43, along with his fellow firefighter & friend, Tomasz Kaczowka. Predeceased by his father, John; grandmother, Eleanor Gildea. He is survived by his wife, Kimberly; son, Nicholas, daughters, Kacie & Kylie; mother, Marcia; sister, Michelle (Dane) Ehrich; mother-in-law & father-in-law, Shari & Peter Munding; sister-in-law, Julie (Jeff) Dawson; brothers-in-law, Ryan & Michael Munding; Nicholas' mom, Lynn and the Becker family; nieces, nephews, cousins and his "extended family" at the West Webster Fire Dept. and Webster Police Dept.

Chip was a West Webster Fire Department volunteer firefighter for 25 years. He was Past Chief of West Webster Fire Dept. and advisor for its Fire Explorer Post. He served with distinction for 19 years as a Police Officer with the Webster Police Department and rose through the ranks as a Dispatcher, Police Officer, Investigator, Sergeant and Lieutenant. He committed his life to public service for the Town of Webster. He touched so many lives and will be greatly missed by family, friends and his community.

The public may call 6-9 PM Friday, 12-3 & 6-9 PM Saturday at Webster Schroeder High School, 875 Ridge Road, Webster where his Funeral Service will be held 12:00 PM (noon) on Sunday, December 30th . Interment with Honors will follow his funeral service at West Webster Cemetery. Memorials may be directed to a fund being established for Chip's children at ESL Federal Credit Union (any branch).

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 6:54:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I would like to buy a drink for the initial responding officer who exchanged fire with the Creature, Possibly wounding him, ending the shooting.
Good Job Officer!

I read on the CNN website that it was an off-duty police officer who first responded and had a rifle in his vehicle. He was the one who exchanged shots with the gunman, and used his vehicle to shield the first responders.

And this would be similiar to the recent movie theatre shooting where and off-duty female sheriff working security shot the guy who chased people into that theatre.

And this would be similiar to the recent mall shooting where a CCW drew his weapon on the shooter, causing the shooter to run and avoid him, and hide in a hallway and kill himself.

Obvious pattern is obvious,

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top