Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 1:42:15 PM EDT
So Im sure you have heard about this by now. http://capitalregion.ynn.com/content/top_stories/569327/community-leaders-urge-patience-as-investigations-continue-into-death-of-nahcream-moore/  

From what I have read online, the kid had a "gun" on him in a traffic stop and some where along the way he pulled it and got shot.  First I will always be the first one to say its the cops fault, however you need to be retarded to do anything but exactly what the officer tells you what to do.  I guess the only reason not to is so you can get shot.  He knew he was going to get arrested for having the "gun" and things didnt go as planned.

What have you guys heard?  The whole group of them are all in an uproar over this.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]
19 y/o male not following directions and producing a pistol.  Sounds like a case of Darwinistic lightening to me.   The APD are very highly keyed up almost like NYPD as they know they have an element that can and will shoot them.  Albany is nothing like it was 20 years ago.  So long Smallbany.

That is my take with the barest of info anyways.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#2]
albany is like north newburgh.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#3]
The kid's given name was Nahcream.  Yes, mamma named him Nahcream.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was suicide by cop with a name like Nahcream life could not have been easy.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The kid's given name was Nahcream.  Yes, mamma named him Nahcream.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was suicide by cop with a name like Nahcream life could not have been easy.

This is the funniest shit I have read tonight.  Thank you for my end of the week haha after my end of the week martoonis, yes, I spelled it martOOnis, to illustrate a point.  

10-90 double Nora.  NVNNHI.  Peace out my brothers.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

albany is like north newburgh.

Yeah Arbor Hill bares a striking resemblance to Liberty St.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:33:17 PM EDT
[#6]
About ten years ago, back while I was in "The High". I was staying at a friends place; who's family had the misfortune of living in this very neighborhood.
It was about 11pm, and a series deep pops rang out. Guessing on the sound it sounded like two pistols being wildly shot at a 90 degree angle.
About 5 seconds later 3 ________ people one with a gun jumped into a moving car. One was holding his stomach. It was 45mins before any sirens where heard.  
The Albany South End is almost as bad as Arbor Hill.
The occupy stupid group now relating this to the pepper spraying incident a few weeks ago.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
19 y/o male not following directions and producing a pistol.  Sounds like a case of Darwinistic lightening to me.   The APD are very highly keyed up almost like NYPD as they know they have an element that can and will shoot them.  Albany is nothing like it was 20 years ago.  So long Smallbany.

That is my take with the barest of info anyways.

Probably, but the trigger fingers have been rather itchy round these parts lately...
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:21:02 AM EDT
[#8]
There has been a lot of "ma baby dinnit do nuffin" with this. Another incident or two, an Albany PD might have its hands full. When I lived on Hudson Street near the Empire State Plaza in 2001....it would get a little sketchy sometimes when groups of yutes from Arbor Hill and the South End would foray into my neighborhood late at night. I personally never had any trouble, but there were muggings and beat downs on fairly regular basis. The Key Bank I used was robbed several times and at least a couple of the times, the perp was caught within a few blocks trying to buy crack. Having said that, I love Albany. Fun town.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:35:41 AM EDT
[#9]
When I was at HVCC, I delivered pizza in Albany.  Yes, I had a pistol gripped Mossberg under my seat.  I especially remember cop cars getting rocked and bottled after the Rodney King police acquittal.

Did I hear that this "yoot" was a parolee already?  
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:54:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

When I was at HVCC, I delivered pizza in Albany.  Yes, I had a pistol gripped Mossberg under my seat.  I especially remember cop cars getting rocked and bottled after the Rodney King police acquittal.

Did I hear that this "yoot" was a parolee already?  

Oh that has no bearing.  Just because he was on parole and had a warrant for missing a meeting with his parole officer.  And never mind the fact he was suspected of being involved in an armed home invasion earlier that night.  Poor Nah-Cream was a good boy.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By cetane
First I will always be the first one to say its the cops fault

Another example of why I don't post much anymore
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

yeah that did not escape notice.  pretty much a douchebag starting point.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Reading comprehension is necessary, read on. Sorry I didnt bring my post down to a first grade level.  I will remember to do so from now on.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Reading comprehension is necessary, read on. Sorry I didnt bring my post down to a first grade level.  I will remember to do so from now on.  

That makes it better
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:30:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

That makes it better

Now insulting a reader's education is cover for the presupposition that it's the police officer's fault?  I'm sorry I have a pretty decent education, Catholic schools with strong empasis on english and mathematics, an honors/regents high school diploma (admittedly from Albany), and BS in science.   Any way I read your post it states that you pre judge the police as the wrong party.  If that was not your intent then perhaps you do need to break it down for yourself because that's how it reads.  If that was what you intended to convey to the reader then my comments still stand.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 9:34:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 11:24:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Lets look at a couple of fun facts about Nahcream.  Nahcream at 17 was convicted of Attempted Robbery Second degree.  Which basically means he did a Robbery First or at a minimum a Robbery Second and took a plea.  Next, at 17, to actually get convicted of a Felony, you probably have had several other scrapes with the law and have burned your Youthful Offender get out of jail free card.  Again, they actually sentenced him to Willard, which means they had had enough of his shit and required him to do actual prison time as compared to doing local Albany County jail time followed by probation.  Last, he was 19, a convicted felon on parole and possessed a pistol, let alone any type of firearm.

Identifying and Location Information
As of 01/08/12 DIN (Department Identification Number) 09A3116  
Inmate Name MOORE, NAHCREAM A  
Sex MALE  
Date of Birth 04/02/1992  
Race / Ethnicity BLACK  
Custody Status RELEASED  
Housing Releasing Facility WILLARD  
Date Received (Original) 06/18/2009  
Date Received (Current) 04/21/2011  
Admission Type  
County of Commitment ALBANY  
Latest Release Date / Type (Released Inmates Only) 08/16/11 PAROLE DIV OF PAROLE  
Crimes of Conviction
If all 4 crime fields contain data, there may be additional crimes not shown here. In this case, the crimes shown here are those with the longest sentences.
As of 01/08/12 Crime Class
ATT ROBBERY 2ND   D  

Sentence Terms and Release Dates
Under certain circumstances, an inmate may be released prior to serving his or her minimum term and before the earliest release date shown for the inmate.
As of 01/08/12 Aggregate Minimum Sentence 0000 Years, 00 Months, 00 Days
Aggregate Maximum Sentence 0002 Years, 06 Months, 00 Days
Earliest Release Date  
Earliest Release Type  
Parole Hearing Date  
Parole Hearing Type FULL MAXIMUM  
Parole Eligibility Date  
Conditional Release Date NONE  
Maximum Expiration Date 03/19/2013  
Maximum Expiration Date for Parole Supervision  
Post Release Supervision Maximum Expiration Date 03/19/2013  
Parole Board Discharge Date
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top