Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2011 5:09:16 PM EDT
I am sending out my paper work the the ATF. And the onondaga sheriffs dept tomorrow.....is there anything I should know about dealing with having such license in this state. I mean I already know I won't be able to order handguns shipped to my door.. but is there anything else I should know?? Who else has one in here??
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
but is there anything else I should know?

I guess that depends on what you already know.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had one for 6 years or so.  Other than the handguns you already mentioned, I don't think its any different.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
i just got mine. submit a signed copy to damn near any online store that will take it, get yourself some dealer discounts.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#4]
That is awesome..I am just worried my sheriff Kevin Walsh is going to go full retard and put something down completely stupid as to why he will not sign off on it..maybe I'm paranoid...
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:37:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That is awesome..I am just worried my sheriff Kevin Walsh is going to go full retard and put something down completely stupid as to why he will not sign off on it..maybe I'm paranoid...

For the C&R status, I dont remember if the CLEO is required to sign it? I think all that happens is they get a copy of the approval?

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#6]
There is a spot for him to sign it looks like..I have to sent him an almost exact copy of the application that is going to the ATF...Its rite in the directions....
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 2:30:15 AM EDT
[#7]
CLEO has no say on an 03 FFL. They get a copy for "informational purposes" only.

My thread on an inspection I had a few weeks back:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_14/351525_Compliance_Inspection.html
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:33:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Sheriff Kevin Walsh has no say in the matter for a C&R FFL. You are required to send him or his office a copy of you application. For the past 25 years I have mailed first class letter to my sheriff every three years. If they got it, who knows, but that is the requirement. He does not sign it, so the purpose of your local CLEO to be notifed you have a FFL could mean only one thing.....
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Ihre papiere, bitte

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top