Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2011 8:17:30 PM EDT
May God rest the soul of Kathryn Filiberti and her father John Filiberti heartfelt condolences go out to family and friends.

The father of slain Hyde Park teen Kathryn Filiberti committed suicide on Sunday, according to police.
Town of Poughkeepsie police say that John Filiberti 48 died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Police recovered a 40-caliber semi-automatic handgun at the scene that was registered to Filiberti.
The body of his daughter, Kathryn Filiberti, was discovered in Greentree Park in Hyde Park on March 19.
Stephen Shand, of Hyde Park, has been charged in her death.

What a tragedy a beautiful young woman murdered, the grief was to much for her father to bear.  

I really wish the POS  who murdered Kathryn Filiberti could face capital punishment in NYS, every life is equal.
I do not agree with the capital murder statute in our state, anyone who commits murder should face the same punishment the death penalty should not be off the table regardless of whether or not the victim was an ordinary citizen, a law enforcement officer or politician.

I am going to make it my mission to work with my state lawmakers to enact legislation which will seek equal justice for all.

GOTURBACK
Anyone who agrees and would like to help in my efforts PM me with your contact information so that we can speak.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:21:12 AM EDT
[#1]
this is one of the worst tragedies Dutchess county has ever seen.

unfortunately, in NYS that fucking monster that killed Kathryn has more rights than she did.  he should receive a trial and once he is found guilty, they should take him out back and shoot him.  they don't have these kinds of problems in Texas because they aren't a bunch of pussy liberals.  we'll get the privilege of bankrolling his stay in Hotel Attica for the next 50 years.

i also have to call out the Hyde Park PD on this one too.  It took them FOREVER to find a suspect and on top of that, there was complete silence until they announced an arrest, which took months.  I understand there was probably a good reason, but you can't have someone brutally raped and murdered in a rather quiet peaceful town and then just say nothing about it.  thats pretty bush league and only fueled the speculation and hysteria.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:55:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I really wish the POS  who murdered Kathryn Filiberti could face capital punishment in NYS, every life is equal.

I do not agree with the capital murder statute in our state, anyone who commits murder should face the same punishment the death penalty should not be off the table regardless of whether or not the victim was an ordinary citizen, a law enforcement officer or politician.

New York's death penalty law was declared unconstitutional by the NY COA in 2004.

BOP: http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/assets/pdf/BK178361819.PDF

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#3]
incredibly sad
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I work with folks who are friends of the Filiberti family.  This is an incredibly sad time.

Regarding the Hyde Park PD and the delay in arresting a suspect - think about the hours of investigative work needed to narrow it down to a newspaper delivery guy who happens to deliver to the area.  Think of all the more likely suspects - like those at the party and the boyfriend etc.

I think it is amazing they caught the guy - assuming the evidence proves the guy arrested is guilty.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Moral of the story: PROTECT your loved ones and yourself.  You don't want your family ending up like that in either case.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#6]
As a father, I cant imagine his pain.  Any word on the trial, I have not heard much.  Got your back, I remember you from the arfcom dinner.  Where is everyone else from?  Poughkeepsie here.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:41:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

New York's death penalty law was declared unconstitutional by the NY COA in 2004.

BOP: http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/assets/pdf/BK178361819.PDF

You are right, it was repealed in 2004.  Here is the case that caused the death penalty in NY to be over-turned.  People v. LaValle  Read the facts of the case to see how F'd up NY is.  Mind you that the same legislature and judiciary who are working overtime to strip you of your right to self defense are at the same time striking down the deterrent directed at the people who would do you harm.  

Bob Matheson said it many years ago in his radio ads and billboards "get out of NY before it is too late".  

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:40:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Mind you that the same legislature and judiciary who are working overtime to strip you of your right to self defense are at the same time striking down the deterrent directed at the people who would do you harm.  

The NYS Legislature could have amended the CPL and cured the constitutional defect in the existing statute. The Legislature has had 7 years to do it so I doubt that will ever happen though.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mind you that the same legislature and judiciary who are working overtime to strip you of your right to self defense are at the same time striking down the deterrent directed at the people who would do you harm.  

The NYS Legislature could have amended the CPL and cured the constitutional defect in the existing statute. The Legislature has had 7 years to do it so I doubt that will ever happen though.

IIRC the ASSembly is controlled by the libtards.  Doubtful at best it will happen so long as they control one house or the other.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

IIRC the ASSembly is controlled by the libtards.  Doubtful at best it will happen so long as they control one house or the other.  

The only way Silver will reinstate the death penalty in NYS is if he's paid off in a back room political deal of some kind.

http://empirezone.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/05/22/a-song-and-a-dance/

May 22, 2007, 5:59 pm

‘A Song, and a Dance’

The Senate Republicans gathered today at a
news conference with law enforcement officers from around the state to
demand that Gov. Eliot Spitzer push the Assembly to pass a bill
reinstating the death penalty for cop killers. Afterward, Joseph L.
Bruno, the State Senate majority leader, said that he had already spoken
"very directly” to his Assembly counterpart, Speaker Sheldon Silver,
about moving a death penalty bill to the Assembly floor for a vote.

Mr. Bruno said:

He gave me a song, and a dance. He hems and he haws and
he talks about gun control. He does what he does so well. He talks about
everything else except the issue.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top