Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2011 9:18:17 AM EDT
just started my new hobby not to long ago.
looking for input, places to go, and maybe hunting together.

I've been out a few times and chased away from a few parks. need to know where to go that's OK.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:24:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I had one given to me as a gift a few years back, haven't really been out to use it yet
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:55:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I would bet that a few of the state parks would be good places to go, especially in the spring before people starting flooding them with the warmer weather.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:52:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I would bet that a few of the state parks would be good places to go, especially in the spring before people starting flooding them with the warmer weather.

can't dig in most state parks.  and My county park rules are "No digging,cutting of the grass allowed"     you can metal detect all you want ...you just can't dig

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I tried the hobby for a summer.  There was a group located near the Rochester area.  They had monthly meetings and cool gatherings.  I know they hunted a couple smaller parks around the area.  I never met up with them though.

I liked to hit Durand beach for pocket dumps, and the occasional chain left behind by the thugs...Also playgrounds are good...  Both of these are great to get used to things.

Whenever I tried less beaten areas I got skunked...although I did find a small time capsule someone left behind.  It wasn't sealed well and was overly water damaged.

Didn't take long to tire of the digging up gum wrappers and other junk though.

There was a good forum, that's where I found that group.

Rochester Group

New York

Allegany NY - Enchanted Mountain Treasure Hunters Allegany NY 14706 link not working
Empire State Metal Detector Association - www.northeast-metaldetectors.com/club1.html
Electronic Archaeological Recovery Treasure Hunters - www.earthclubcny.com
Jamestown NY - Southern Tier Metal Detectors Association Jamestown NY 14701
New York Research and Recovery Club www.newyorkresearchandrecoveryclub.blogspot.com
Rochester NY - Genesee Valley Treasure Seekers Rochester NY 14616 gvts.org
Yorktown Heights NY - Putnam/Westchester Metal Detectorists and Archaeological Society Yorktown Heights NY 10598 www.greattreasure.com
Staten Island NY - Richmond Research & Recovery Staten Island NY 10306
Staten Island NY - Staten Island History Hunters Staten Island NY 10314-4902 sihistoryhunters.com
Wantagh NY - Atlantic Treasure Club Wantagh NY 11793
Williamville NY - Niagara Frontier Relic Hunters Association, Inc. Williamville NY 14221 link not working
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top