Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 4:04:33 AM EDT
http://www.buffalonews.com/city/communities/southern-tier/article185412.ece

Java, Arcade men charged with thefts from gun dealer
Published: 2010-09-09

Two Wyoming County men could face up to 50 years in prison and more than $1 million in fines if they are convicted on charges of breaking into a Java Center gun dealer and stealing firearms, the U. S. Attorney’s Office said Wednesday.

Daniel P. Lewandowski, 20, of Java, and William S. Webster, 19, of Arcade, were indicted on five federal counts, including the unlawful theft of firearms from a federally licensed firearms dealer’s inventory and other charges, according to U. S. Attorney William J. Hochul Jr.

The two are accused of forcing their way into Wyoming Gun Center on July 11 and stealing 15 firearms that were part of the gun dealer’s inventory. The men also illegally shortened the barrel and stock of two of the stolen shotguns, said Assistant U. S. Attorney Richard Maigret.

Lewandowski and Webster were captured after shooting out several car windows and at various signs and homes in Java Center in late July, authorities said.

All of the firearms were recovered, investigators said.

Both suspects were arraigned and are being held without bail pending a Sept. 13 hearing in federal court.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:30:31 AM EDT
[#1]
good

throw the book at the idiots.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:37:39 AM EDT
[#2]
that happened in my neck of the woods.

not familiar with the names tho.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:39:47 AM EDT
[#3]
So out of curiosity, how did they end up being charged federally?

There's all sorts of great fed charges for gun crimes that NYS doesn't avail themselves too. Which is odd as I thought with all that talk about really getting tough on gun crimes this would be a good campaigning point.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:48:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Excelllleeennntttt
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:59:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So out of curiosity, how did they end up being charged federally?

There's all sorts of great fed charges for gun crimes that NYS doesn't avail themselves too. Which is odd as I thought with all that talk about really getting tough on gun crimes this would be a good campaigning point.

Stealing from a ffl...a federally licensed dealer...is a felony.  Federal offense.   Same as stealing from an 03 curio and relic collector as they have a 03 ffl.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#6]
good they can rot in jail. I am sure some inmates will love 19 and 20 year olds in the federal pen.

The toss my salad video comes to mind.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I'm ok with this.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#8]
They al;so shortened the barrels and stocks on some of the shotguns, which is federal as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top