Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/30/2002 12:12:07 PM EDT
Post a date for january when you guys are ready to shoot at calverton.  The place should be fairly empty this time of  year.
Who is up for a little competition at the 200 yd line? (clay pigeons and open sites)
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#1]
This coming Sunday the 5th looks to be cloudy with highs approaching 40.  You guys decide when and where and I'll be there.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm....I gots that .50 Beowulf and a  V-match upper that I haven't even fired yet...and new sites on the Glock 17...(amazing how much better you can shoot with a rear site attached)...more magazines for the .45 upper...Lorie and I may just have to come on out...Gentlemen, shall we grill? (I need a smiley in a chef's hat icon here...)
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I was there yesterday and it was packed! Place was full of idiots I might add. Unsafe ones. Had to keep an eye out while we were shooting. Some old twirp was showing some teenagers how to fire a small beretta 25/22, and ended up pointing it at us once! A bit unnerving. Funny thing, my lawn is still full of snow.. but, there was no snow on the range, we were hoping to make snowmen targets to shoot at..
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Sunday is good for me.  BBQing will be a real treat, but then again, so would seeing that tall set of boobs at hooters again.

Sorry Helldog, any cooking skills you might have wouldn't get me to drool as much as I did over that titlating hottie!  

How about an Arfcom Hooters Retreat with the whole clan?
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:23:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Sunday works for me!  high temps near 40!  See you all there.  Let me know if you want me to bring anything.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:43:49 AM EDT
[#7]
im going to have to skip out on this one.  I have to be in VA friday

EDIT:  I am an idiot and looked at the schedule for 2002.  Jan 18 2003 not jan 3.  Ill be there.  Tim or Mike can you bring a thrower mine is backordered for 2 weeks?
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 12:13:39 PM EDT
[#8]
My thrower is in the back of the truck always.  So what is the official date?  This Sunday the 5th or the 18th or both ?  I'll make all of them just want to know for all concerned.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Shoot on the 5th. I have to be in VA the weekend of the 18 (maybe i shouldnbt have posted that date)
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#11]
The 5th sounds good to me, I'll try and make it.. Though, the wife is breaking my balls to install an oak hardwood floor in the living room...  I'll come up with a good excuse.. :)
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#12]

I, me and my new 28" friend WILL be there and not just watching this time!
(newbie time)
Just tell me what freaking size shells I need to get, I heard you guys Bull S.... that you could not hit the birds 'cause you got the wrong weight??? size????? what's all this s**t??

And yes Greg, Ray and Tom."Speed Demons" I will tag along to go to Hooters, just reserve a chair for me, I will be there before you finish the first drink. (I hope).

PS The tall blond sends her love to you guys!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:57:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The 5th sounds good to me, I'll try and make it.. Though, the wife is breaking my balls to install an oak hardwood floor in the living room...  I'll come up with a good excuse.. :)

You'll offend the Druid gods if you hammer oak on a Sunday.  Better to be hammering some paper or sand berms and keep your karma safe.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 2:05:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

(newbie time)
Just tell me what freaking size shells I need to get, I heard you guys Bull S.... that you could not hit the birds 'cause you got the wrong weight??? size????? what's all this s**t??

get some 7.5, 8 or 9 shot what ever is cheapest.  walmart has good deals.

Quoted:
And yes Greg, Ray and Tom."Speed Demons" I will tag along to go to Hooters, just reserve a chair for me, I will be there before you finish the first drink. (I hope).

PS The tall blond sends her love to you guys!

I didnt drive that fast, i own a Volkswagon remember?  Everyone knows they are slow
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm there.....
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:20:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

(newbie time)
WAITAMINUTE! WHAT DID YOU BUY?

PS The tall blond sends her love to you guys!She's over here now

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=010B&cat_id=011&type_id=103

Greg kind of twisted my arm about this beauty.
I just went to Walmart in East Meadow, and they don't have anything! Where did you guys go?
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Twisted shmisted!  You were oggling that blond hottie the same as we were!  What would your daughters have said if they saw you in such a state?

I don't think my order will get here in time, so does anyone have a battlepack or two of SA that I can buy on sunday?  
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 12:05:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a BP of SA if you want it let me know and I'll bring it along for you.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Twisted shmisted!  You were oggling that blond hottie the same as we were!  What would your daughters have said if they saw you in such a state?

I don't think my order will get here in time, so does anyone have a battlepack or two of SA that I can buy on sunday?  

I can see where your mind is, I was talking about the shotgun. That you talked to me about this beauty (the shotgun). So don't be a jealous prick, just because she liked me, she really liked me.
How long do you think those legs were, see..., I know the answer to that.

I have a few SA battle packs, I won't sell them, but you can use them, and then replace them, just tell me how many.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks Tim, I guess I'll just borrow two from Frank and replace them.  Even though I just bought some, where is the best (cheapest) place to buy SA?
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Bear, it's the Wal-Mart located in Middle Island that's the place with ALL the goodies!

Thanks Wave, I went there today, that place rocks, I end up buying a lot more than what I went there for, I liked the safes for $350.00 but they had none left in stock.

Are we still on for Sunday? What is the weather report like?

Did anybodt buy a thrower at Walmart? are they any good?
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:06:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bear, it's the Wal-Mart located in Middle Island that's the place with ALL the goodies!

Thanks Wave, I went there today, that place rocks, I end up buying a lot more than what I went there for, I liked the safes for $350.00 but they had none left in stock.

Are we still on for Sunday? What is the weather report like?

Did anybodt buy a thrower at Walmart? are they any good?

those throwers are ok i guess, but i saved my money from one of them and bought the same one as mike 103 had for $86.  
Tim has a thrower so we are set for sunday and if Mike103 shows up then that would be perfect.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Hoplite, does this mean you're coming on sunday?  
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Hoplite, does this mean you're coming on sunday?  

yes

edit:  Does anyone have a torque wrench for scope mounts that they can bring on sunday?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:51:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Bad news guys.  I have to help out my brother with a minor problem and will be traveling with him up to Ellenville, NY Sunday morning so I will be missing this shoot :(  but I will catch all of you at the next one.  MY new job so far is working out well and until late March I will have weekends off so I'm normally available either day but this thing with my bro came up unexpectedly and even though I consider all of you my extended family blood is thicker than gunpowder.  Have a great time and if you want to borrow my thrower maybe we can make some arrangement for that.  Have fun, be safe!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:29:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Green,

I am sorry you can't make it, I was looking forward to getting some tips from you.

I have a new thrower, that I will put together tonight and I'll bring it with me tomorrow, I hope it works well.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 10:46:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#31]
So what is the deal guys? are we going? I have all my stuff all over the living room ready to be loaded in my SUV, should I proceed?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#32]
im in.  I want to shoot some clays tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:00:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Alright, so we're still going to Calverton, right???

I don't care where we're going, I'm definately in for some shooting.  HOWEVER, I'd like to go to Calverton and jump to the clay pit rather than do the formal skeet/trap shit again.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:14:21 PM EDT
[#34]
This going to be a shotgun shoot? Or, are you also planning on hitting the rifle range? I don't think I'm ready for any shotgunning, I'd have to get my shotguns ready and acquire some ammo. Which I don't think I have the time to do tonight. Let me know what you all intend on shooting tomorrow.

Thanks
Doug
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Alright, so we're still going to Calverton, right???

I don't care where we're going, I'm definately in for some shooting.  HOWEVER, I'd like to go to Calverton and jump to the clay pit rather than do the formal skeet/trap shit again.  

damn, twice in one thread i said the wrong thing.  
I meant shotgun in the pits andsome rifle shooting

Bullet or Greg do either of you have a torque wrench i can use to readjust my rings on my rem 700 that you can bring tomorrow?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Bullet or Greg do either of you have a torque wrench i can use to readjust my rings on my rem 700 that you can bring tomorrow?

Yes, I have both a 15 in lb for the rings/bases, and a 65 in lb for attaching the scope to the base. I always have that stuff with me.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:55:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Goodie goodie, my jeep is loaded and ready to go, Greg I have your 2 SA battle packs. Is it at 9:00am? Are we meeting at the rifle range or at the clay pit?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Sniff,
and I have a brand new upper,
sob,
and a new Advantage Arms 22 cal conversion for my G23,
choke,
wife and two tots will probably prevent a Calverton run till spring.

Have fun!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Oh come on now!  Bear brings his family with him everytime!

I'll be there before 9:30, it all depends on what time my cousin gets to my house from Queens.  He's notoriously late.

I also have the torque wrenches and shit, so if he forgets, I'll have them also.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#41]
WHERE IS THE MEETING PLACE? SHOULD WE BEGIN AT THE RIFLE RANGE? IS GETTING LATE, GOT TO GO SLEEP. I'LL CHECK IN THE AM, SEE YOU GUYS TOMORROW.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:28:59 PM EDT
[#42]
i guess meet up on the rifle range, an then later on move on over to the pit for some clays
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:53:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Have a great day guys!  I'm off to apple country up in Ellenville with my brother and his 5yr old.  I'd rather be playing with you guys but oh well it's a long story.  Next shoot I'll be there and mabye my bro too.  Have fun, be safe!!!  
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:19:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:58:40 AM EDT
[#45]
You're all a bunch of punks!  Bear, my cousin, George and Bullet were the only people that showed up!

Atleast Helldog was dedicated enough to CALL me while we were shooting and offer to cook us some food (even though we'd have to drive upstate to get it!).

I think one of our future shoots should involve renting out the clay pit area at Calverton for a day and have our BBQ and family day.  We can set up 8 stations and have the men, women and kiddies enjoy a nice day.

How about it?  Springtime?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#46]
I like the sound of that!  Shoot pidgeons, eat burgers.  Works for me!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:23:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Sorry gents. Couldn't make it as somebody hit the stupid button at work last night. Got forced into working a double tour...Oh joy, oh rapture....
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Ahh yes, keep the excuses pouring in!

My wife had a baby...
My car was stolen....
My gun collection was stolen...
My house went up in flames....
I didn't want to drive 14 hours from Maryland....

ALL WORTHLESS EXCUSES!!!

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Sorry I have been off the site. I have been having major computer problems. My home computer is in the shop for repair but I now have a laptop going until I get my machine back.

I would not have been able to shoot this week end anyway I had to meet my new nephew for the first time. That brings me up to five nephews and two nieces. MIKE.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Sorry I have been off the site. I have been having major computer problems. My home computer is in the shop for repair but I now have a laptop going until I get my machine back.

I would not have been able to shoot this week end anyway I had to meet my new nephew for the first time. That brings me up to five nephews and two nieces. MIKE.

Congradulations Mike.  As far as the weekends, I think I'm working them all until I graduate on the 21st.  There's a rumor going around about a chart change so they don't have to pay us overtime since Graduation day is on my RDO.  Anyways, i'M FINALLY into the 5th Quarter.  Not much to do now but senerios and hang out for the next couple of weeks.  I'll keep you guys posted if/when I can finally get out there to meet you guys.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top