Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2009 6:45:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]
DUMBASS...More ammo for the anti gunners.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Two unrelated notations:

1. Is his base pay relevant?

2. Those are not a mans eyebrows.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

How? COP shot civilian in ND.  Last I heard they didn't want to take guns away from LE too.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 1:07:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How? COP shot civilian in ND.  Last I heard they didn't want to take guns away from LE too.

Maybe not yet.

This is what someone (granted, probably not a politician who would fall into the "they" category, but still.....) said in the comments section of that article:

Do the Eastchester police really need Glock 9mm semi-automatic weapons?

ETA:  As far as if this situation is "ammo for the anti's".........of course it can be.  Anything can be.  Anti's don't run on logic.

I can see the argument now from an anti, after reading the article.........."Trained police officers are barely capable of handling a semi-automatic pistol......and you think regular Joe Schmo's should be able to own them?!?!?!?  OMG!!!".

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:10:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Two unrelated notations:

1. Yes. He is a civil servant.
2. When you make that much you can afford to be be metrosexual.

One other thought. It sucks he was slapped with a manslaughter charge, but that is how it is in NYS. The lawyer appears to be seeking some sort of favoritism for him due to his job as a cop. Anyone "playing" around with a firearm in this state who shoots and kills someone is going to get charged.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:20:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Years ago there was a WC legislator who wanted to enact a local law in WC prohibiting off duty/retired LE from carrying concealed handguns. There are a number of NYS legislators that would support legislation prohibiting LE from carrying off-duty. Shoot to wound Patterson sponsored legislation as a state senator to decriminalize resisting arrest. He also supported legislation that would send LEOs to state prison for not shooting to wound when DPF was justified.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:42:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Believe me when I say this state would be very happy with British style policing. When you look at the labyrinthian laws for justification you realize the basic answer to LE on DPF is do it and prepare to hang on your own.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:42:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two unrelated notations:

1. Yes. He is a civil servant.

That makes it a matter of public record, it doesn't make it relevant to the story or what happened.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:36:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Just look at Canada.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#10]
It sucks he was slapped with a manslaughter charge, but that is how it is in NYS.

Why does that suck?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:43:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Because it may have been purely accidental. We don't know the circumstances.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#12]
The fact that it was an accident means he doesn't get charged with murder. Accident or not, Pileggi shot an innocent civilian resulting in that person's death. That is a crime in NYS, as well as many others.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That is a crime in NYS, as well as many others.

Quoted:

Which is exactly what I said in my original post.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#14]
He pointed a loaded firearm at someone's face and shot him?

Which charge would have been more appropriate?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top