Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 12:26:53 PM EDT
So who goes to Zacks Sporting?  in Round Lake?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I go to Zacks now & then, bought a few toys from them.  Found them to be a pleasure to deal with.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I like Zack's. I bought a few things from them in the last few years. They were helpful in showing me a whole bunch of M&Ps a couple months ago.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I havent been there in years , moved out of the area, but when i did live there they were a monthly visit for me, i probably bought more from them than any other single gunshop. Outstanding service and had decent prices as well.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a safe from Zack's a few years ago.  They charged my $50 for the delivery.  Including moving the safe up a flight of stairs.

As another poster said, a pleasure to deal with.

David
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:11:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I hate them.  Even though they have a great selection, I won't ever go there again.  Two times I went there looking to buy a specific gun.  First a Kimber, said they are impossible to get and could take a long time... I went to Beecrofts and got it no problem and for less.  2nd was looking for a GSG, was told they didn't know if or when they would ever have one...went to Frank's and got it no problem.  The guys I've dealt with seem to ignore anyone that isn't a friend or regular.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:19:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Dealt with them a few times when they first opened up....then,
Had a shitty situation with them few years back....called to ask how much for a  FFL transfer from PA (on an auction win)....said it would be $25, then they asked what kind of firearm - told him a Romanian AK...he then puts the phone down, comes back and says it would now be $50.
Ask him why?
"Because we sell the same thing."

Rifle still would have ended up costing less had I agreed to the $50 transfer!
Fuck that - haven't been back since.
American Shooters Supply gets all my business now.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:08:02 AM EDT
[#7]
My good friend loves the place and has had numerous good deals there.  I tried to do business with them.

I went in twice and got ignored the whole time even when leaning on the counter by the cash register.  I left the items I was going to purchase and walked out.  Was about $120 worth of stuff.  Nothing I couldn't buy elsewhere for the same or slightly cheaper.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#8]
P22s there are like $400 or something crazy

Ammo is ridiculously expensive...I think

Once I bought a bandoleer of 308, they advertised it as being like X amount of rounds, which came out to .45 cents a pop for it...  but when I got to the range and loaded up a few mags, shot them up and went to reload I realized it wasnt the quantity as advertised, rather about 1/2 or 3/5...in anycase I was dissapointed, so I stopped shooting and headed to the shop again.  Came out to about a buck a round I had fired, for milsurp 308....
Brought it to their attention and they only offered a refund on the rounds I had not shot up.  Then they did the calculations wrong for the return.  In the end I took a nice loss on the overpriced .308 ammo.

They wont accept guns from non-FFLs

Theres only a few FFLs I do business with regularly.  Zacks ppl are nice, but is a bit rich for my blood, and cant do the transfers I need.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top