Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2009 4:39:58 AM EDT
was supposedly very anti-gun...a write up i read with a few details about this seemed to indicate that even among the mostly anti-gun judges in Westchester he was one of the most left...
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:35:40 AM EDT
[#1]
okaaaay ??
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#2]
just passing along info i thot was interesting - i don't think someone has taken his place yet regarding pistol licenses - just a small positive for anyone going throught the process in Westchester County...
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 9:20:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Lucky me. Im about to put in a app.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 5:28:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Please do post your experiences with obtaining the Westchester County pistol license.
Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:32:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
just passing along info i thot was interesting - i don't think someone has taken his place yet regarding pistol licenses - just a small positive for anyone going throught the process in Westchester County...

What's positive about it? I'm missing something here.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:17:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's positive about it? I'm missing something here.

Assuming there are multiple Judges that means the anti one is not involved in the PP process, which is a good thing
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:16:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Wait a sec...Do you mean to tell me that this county judge hasn't been issuing pistol permits?

Or is he just issuing permits with restrictions?

He can't just arbitrarily deny pistol permits without good cause...that would bring quite a shitstorm down upon him...even in NY.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

He can't just arbitrarily deny pistol permits without good cause...that would bring quite a shitstorm down upon him...even in NY.

In Westchester!?!?!?  It might as well be Marin County, CA.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I hope he has a heart attack and dies or he should just sign the right to carry and uphold the law.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 8:37:20 AM EDT
[#10]
point of the post was to let people know the "pool" of judges that has the responsibility to sign permits has shrunk by one for whatever reason recently - the vast majority of those in the "pool" are  considered anti-gun, so better to have one of the "anti-gun" types removed from the process rather than one of the few that might be considered pro-gun...from what i've heard from people that have gone through the process and/or actually been involved in the process from a "clerking" perspective is that it makes all the difference in the world who you get as a judge...nothing arbitrary about that - lol!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top