Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 2:00:58 PM EDT
So i was refused a sale of a perfectly nj compliant gsg-5 this weekend. I asked to buy the rifle mag less because of the hi cap laws here and the gun store guy basicaly told me the mags are registered with the serial number of the gun. So in short if the serial was ran on it, i would be listed as having hi cap mags and breaking the law even if i did actually have the mag. Can anyone confirm this. I just told the gun to sell it to me without the mags and he wouldn't.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So i was refused a sale of a perfectly nj compliant gsg-5 this weekend. I asked to buy the rifle mag less because of the hi cap laws here and the gun store guy basicaly told me the mags are registered with the serial number of the gun. So in short if the serial was ran on it, i would be listed as having hi cap mags and breaking the law even if i did actually have the mag. Can anyone confirm this. I just told the gun to sell it to me without the mags and he wouldn't.

This dealer sounds like a real winner.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#3]
BS.  Go see Jim Flynn if youre in Hunterdon.  He has an anniv edition now.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#4]
it was at Dunkelberger’s in Stroudsburg. It sucks because i have been looking for one of these for a while and had it in my hand.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
it was at Dunkelberger’s in Stroudsburg. It sucks because i have been looking for one of these for a while and had it in my hand.

You should have went to the Valley Forge gun show, I saw quite a few there yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I was actually on a camping trip in the poconnos and just stopped in to see ammo prices while i was in the area. I would have bought it no questions asked too, if they weren't dumb.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

As has already been stated, the dealer is a dumbass of the highest order...spend your money elsewhere. There are a lot of them on GB right now...shipping and transfer are usually fairly reasonable.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:37:08 PM EDT
[#8]
That's a new one.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:55:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That's a new one.

Something new every week it seems
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:36:19 PM EDT
[#10]
OUT the dealer so we know not to spend money with him!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Dunkelberger’s Sports Outfitter
585 Main Street
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
http://www.dunkelbergers.com/

It really was a nice store with alot of guns. Just needs better people.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#12]
bunch of asses...

now about that listing of dealers for this forum....
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:29:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
585 Main Street
Stroudsburg, PA 18360

What a name!

Was the guy who told you this, the store owner or simply an employee?  If he was just an employee, maybe you should let the owner know his employee is turning away customers (and money) with his lack of knowledge.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:31:43 AM EDT
[#14]
From what I hear they are in a bit of doo-doo right now with the ATF (thanks to NYC's Queen Mike), so I can understand the super careful CYA...  but that's just silly. Just refuse the sale, don't make up bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:18:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
585 Main Street
Stroudsburg, PA 18360

WOW, does that take me back!
During the summers of 71-72 I was Rifle Instructor at Camp Sun Mountain in Shawnee-on-Delaware
I remember picking up bricks of .22 there (at 16 or 17) for the camp owner when he sent me into town for things

I can certainly understand the CYA now with Bloombutt on the case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top