Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2009 10:46:36 PM EDT
We don't have that silly law here in NY, do we?

I hope not, but then again...........this is New York.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:29:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thankfully...NO....we don't have any such law.

Joe

Good!  Thanks.

I didn't think we did, but like I said...........NY.....
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:53:28 AM EDT
[#3]
we dont, YET
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:18:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No , But I seem to recall that one of the Team Members had his county judge Question him as to why he needed

so many Handguns...

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:22:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No , But I seem to recall that one of the Team Members had his county judge Question him as to why he needed

so many Handguns...

Yep, Dieter will be along shortly to post the scan of the ridiculous letter that his judge sent him.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

so many Handguns...

Me, I'm going for a County record! and as time/money allows maybe I'll take the State title for the most handguns owned.  

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#7]
There are such restrictions in New York City.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope they don't pass any one gun a month law...I can't always afford to buy one EVERY month! couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

so many Handguns...

Yep, Dieter will be along shortly to post the scan of the ridiculous letter that his judge sent him.

yep..

oh and I got another letter just about a month ago, I should scan that one too...  Lists all my handguns, info on them, along with their request to confirm it all, my address, etc, so they can update their records for a new system..

real nice.  They thanked me for my cooperation in advance I believe too..  Too bad I havnt sent it back.

I will try and scan it in the next 2-3 days.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:30:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

so many Handguns...

yep..

oh and I got another letter just about a month ago, I should scan that one too...  Lists all my handguns, info on them, along with their request to confirm it all, my address, etc, so they can update their records for a new system..

real nice.  They thanked me for my cooperation in advance I believe too..  Too bad I havnt sent it back.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n83/Dieter122/Matt2t.jpg
I think that letter pisses me off more and more every time I see it.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:26:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

so many Handguns...

yep..

Holy shit!  I don't even know what to say to that.

Did you end up giving them a reason?  Would you even have to?

Being that the letter asked you to "offer" the reasons, I assume you don't have to, right?

That's just crazy.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:23:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Holy shit!  I don't even know what to say to that

Being that the letter asked you to "offer" the reasons, I assume you don't have to, right?

That's just crazy.

Pistol licenses in NYS are issued for cause and subject to revocation
by your licensing officer. If you refuse to answer or supply your licensing
officer with a request for info related to your pistol license it will
likely result in having your amendment denied or your license suspended
or possibly revoked.
§ 400.00 Licenses to carry, possess, repair and dispose of firearms.

11. License: revocation and suspension. The conviction of  a  licensee
 anywhere of a felony or serious offense shall operate as a revocation of
 the  license.  A  license may be revoked or suspended as provided for in
 section 530.14 of the criminal procedure law or  section  eight  hundred
 forty-two-a  of  the  family  court  act.  Except  for  a license issued
 pursuant to section 400.01 of this article, a license may be revoked and
 cancelled at any time in the city of New York, and in  the  counties  of
 Nassau  and Suffolk, by the licensing officer, and elsewhere than in the
 city of New York by any judge or justice of a court of record; a license
 issued pursuant to section 400.01 of this article  may  be  revoked  and
 cancelled  at  any time by the licensing officer or any judge or justice
 of a court of record. The official revoking a license shall give written
 notice thereof without unnecessary delay to  the  executive  department,
 division  of state police, Albany, and shall also notify immediately the
 duly constituted police authorities of the locality.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:09:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

so many Handguns...

yep..

Holy shit!  I don't even know what to say to that.

That's just crazy.

Told him I had just turned 21, and had been saving up money and planning to purchase some very specific firearms for collections purposes.  I think I already my 03 C&R FFL at this point actually too, so that was another reason.  Thirdly I said for my job, as at the time I was doing some firearms instruction part time.
...I didnt even have 10 handguns at the time the letter was written.  Unfortunately I had just picked up two HK USPs which was what triggered this letter (multiple handgun purchase), even though they arent exactly low end gang bang sort of pieces not even by a longshot ($650-750 handguns).  Sitting at the dealer in my college town were a 3 Makarovs waiting to be picked up, without the judge getting an answer, my handguns would be sitting there, ALREADY PAID FOR.  Basically my property was in limbo and I could of been denied ownership.

Does the judge realize that if you already have 8-10 handguns, you dont need more than just 1 to commit a crime?  And last time I checked $700 H&K's are not the norm for gun traffickers

In reality, its not right for them to ask, its not right to be at their mercy for being "permitted" to own a handgun...at the mercy of their whim.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:15:17 AM EDT
[#14]

• I have become heavily involved in competitive shooting and found that some of the pistols were not sufficient for certain competitions

• All firearms are securely stored at my residence in a vault type safe

Of course there's always another answer like: "This home-boy will give me $1,000. for every pistol I can get him."    

Simple, direct, and without anymore details than necessary. Without directly conversing with the Judge, there is little way of truly knowing the intent and depth of his inquiry. Until New York's handgun laws can be overturned, this is another hurdle to be jumped.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:24:32 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

In reality, its not right for them to ask, its not right to be at their mercy for being "permitted" to own a handgun...at the mercy of their whim.

The NYS Court of Appeals respectively disagrees with your opinion.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:36:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The NYS Court of Appeals respectively disagrees with your opinion.

Which part?
its not right for them to ask
its not right to be at their mercy for being "permitted" to own a handgun
at the mercy of their whim
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Send back a copy of the US Constitution with the 2nd Amendment highlighted.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Send back a copy of the US Constitution with the 2nd Amendment highlighted.
+1
Unbelievable they sent that letter. What the fuck do they think its going to accomplish? "Yes I bought 8 guns because the space men from mars told me to and I keep them lying about in my back yard"

I would send them a letter back with quotes from Scalia in DC vs. Heller and list all the reasons he gave for possessing a firearm.  The fucking nerve.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top