Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2009 11:07:37 AM EDT
$50 For the Homeless

I recently asked my friend's little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be president some day.

Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were president what would be the first thing you would do?"

She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people."

Her parents beamed.

"Wow... what a worthy goal." I told her, "But you don't have to wait until you're president to do that. You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep my yard, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where homeless guys hang out, and you can give them the $50, you earned, to use toward food and a new house."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"

I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

Her parents still aren't speaking to me.    

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#1]
that is fucking gold.

/bow
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice to see that someone else subscrbes to the patriot post.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah the patriot humor is great
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Why can't it always be that clear to them.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Amazing, a child can see that but a bleeding heart Lib can't. Oh, buy the way have you all heard about the $4500 the gov(ie. you and me) is going to give people who buy cars that get 22 mpg or 18 mpg if its a truck. Best part the Bill doesn't say it has to be an American made vehicle.  http://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/09/house-passes-cash-for-clunkers-legislation/
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:19:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#7]
funny shit, but amazing how simple answers can be seen by those so young
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah, you should have seen my sons face when i explained what a flat tax was. He couldnt understand why people who make more or less dont pay the same percentage and he is only 7. My poor liberal wife is gonna have these great conservative minded kids
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top