Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 5:32:11 PM EDT
They had about three cases of mixed primers today about 14:00.

I only bought 1000. That should hold me for a while.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
They had about three cases of mixed primers today about 14:00.

I only bought 1000. That should hold me for a while.

Buy noon on tomorrow they won't.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm looking to see what time they open..

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm looking to see what time they open..

11:00am

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#5]
is it even worth trying to start reloading for the first time right now ? with all the shortages, on primers, heads, and powder , plus the increasted cost ? should i just wait ?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:03:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
is it even worth trying to start reloading for the first time right now ? with all the shortages, on primers, heads, and powder , plus the increasted cost ? should i just wait ?

I'd say you could at least get all the equipment and be ready when the primers start flowing again.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:57:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Well that was a waste of gas.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:18:38 AM EDT
[#8]
They had/have small pistol, large rifle, and large pistol primers.

No small rifle primers, they didn't get any in.

I picked up some WLP primers...gotta resupply for my .45acp & 10mm needs. When I left there was at least 2k left of them.

They had plenty of other primers, not alot of variety of brands, but these days it is hard to be picky about manufacturer when you are lucky to get anything.

They are good people and its nice to be on a first name basis with a first rate business.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:13:37 AM EDT
[#9]
geez I'm glad I ordered some from PV on the night of the election...

I need some LRP's and Shotgun primers.. Lead and unique powder Mabye clays. too.... Hm Hm.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
When I left there was at least 2k left of them.

key word .... was
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:45:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They had/have small pistol, large rifle, and large pistol primers.

No small rifle primers, they didn't get any in.

I picked up some WLP primers...gotta resupply for my .45acp & 10mm needs. When I left there was at least 2k left of them.

They had plenty of other primers, not alot of variety of brands, but these days it is hard to be picky about manufacturer when you are lucky to get anything.

They are good people and its nice to be on a first name basis with a first rate business.

Be sure to tell Ed, Dave or Hans that you post on ARFcom and we're directing business to them.  
i didn't make it: the trans dropped out of the Impala in downtown Syracuse this morning.    At least the order will still be there.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
is it even worth trying to start reloading for the first time right now ? with all the shortages, on primers, heads, and powder , plus the increased cost ? should i just wait ?

Watch and wait:
This isn't the first time there's been a "shortage" and the market will re-supply itself.
I would be a good time to do some research into what you want to reload, to the degree, and what you're willing to spend.
Most reloaders start really small, then find they need another doo-dad, or gauge, or tool to make things easier, better, faster. 20 years, Six presses, dozens of dies & tools, and enough primers and powder to move the house off the foundation and there are still items I want  on the next order.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#13]
First, make sure you have a good bench to work with. I was reloading on the island counter top in my apartment..that lasted about a week. Buy a press, dies, scale, caliper, lube, trimmer, tumbler, etc and get a head start on sizing, cleaning and prepping the brass. If you're reloading 223, you're going to need a head start.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Nothing wrong buying by a pack of a 100 at your local shop and just learn slow.  In fact going slow is a good speed for learning.

I wouldn't stock up at today's prices.  In fact I'm just living off my stored fat so to speak.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top