Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 9:59:43 AM EDT
Im trying to figure out what i may need to do to my rifle i have now to make it NJ legal. i may be moving back to NJ in the near future, rather not but due to everything thats going on. right now ive got a DPMS lower with a CMMG upper A2 flash hider, front site 6 pos. stock, bayo lug all the cool stuff. would it be in my better intrests to build a whole new rifle, or try to make this dam thing legel? if you could post pictures of what you have to give me some ideas, id love to build a new rifle but im not sure what exactly im allowed to do. thanks for all your help !
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:22:13 AM EDT
[#1]
pin the stock, grind off the bayo lug, replace the flash hider with something NJ approved and have it pinned.  then fix all your 30rd mags to 15, and then cross your fingers.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
pin the stock, grind off the bayo lug, replace the flash hider with something NJ approved and have it pinned.  then fix all your 30rd mags to 15, and then cross your fingers.

Especially agree with the "cross your fingers" part.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:03:00 PM EDT
[#3]
so id probably be better off building a new rifle? sounds like a better idea anyway, id rather not screw with a bunch of shit on the one i already have and make it look bad, especially grinding the bayonet lug off. anyone got pictures of theirs? and it would probably also be easier to just get a bunch of 10 round mags, instead of fixing what i already have
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top