Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2009 11:18:06 AM EDT
From 1010wins.com:

Cops: Man Brought Grenade to Gun Buyback

NEW YORK (AP)  –– It was a gun buyback, not a bomb buyback.

New York City police were holding a suspect Saturday who they say tried to turn in a live hand grenade to police at a gun-buyback program in the Bronx.

Authorities say the NYPD's bomb squad responded to a church where guns were being collected at around 4:30 p.m. and left 15 minutes later with the grenade, carrying it out in a special carrier. The program, which offers $200 for guns, no questions asked, had started Saturday across the Bronx.

Police were questioning the man, who they didn't immediately identify, and it wasn't clear if he would face any charges.

We just want the guns, not the bombs.
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#1]
LOL thats too fucking funny

ETA: So does this buy back program only for NYC residence or what? I have some pieces worth NOTHING that i can give up LOL
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I am not sure, but I think its everyone.
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Every gun handed in provides a boost to the anti's numbers.

So make sure you spend the $200 proceeds on MORE guns and ammunition.  

Otherwise you will get bad karma....
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Every gun handed in provides a boost to the anti's numbers.

So make sure you spend the $200 proceeds on MORE guns and ammunition.  

Otherwise you will get bad karma....
http://deadlinepublishing.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/erl_2012_016.jpg

I only sell guns and gun parts to buy other guns or more ammo :P I make sure my collection either grows or evens out, there is never a loss
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I would have offered him $250 for it
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would have offered him $250 for it

Would have been useful for fishing
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#7]
That's funny.  You can buy some crappy 22's for $100 and turn them in and get $200 back.
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 11:32:19 PM EDT
[#8]
i think they are alittle smarter than that. unfortunately they want REAL guns, 22's at least and maybe they pay less for them. i read somewhere they only give out full payment for "dangerous" guns like ar's/pistols/ or anything that could be used to kill someone and not .22's for the full price,

yes believe me im aware that my .177 crosman can kill people or any .22 but as i heard it, the program doesnt see it that way. so a bb gun that is potentionally leathal or a .22 or a black powder firearm are not "dangerous" enough to warrant 200 dollars in their eyes. If they do give the full price then i would use a broken beat ass Black powder pistol as ammo money generator.or a bb gun for ammo or parts money.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 4:20:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i think they are alittle smarter than that. unfortunately they want REAL guns, 22's at least and maybe they pay less for them. i read somewhere they only give out full payment for "dangerous" guns like ar's/pistols/ or anything that could be used to kill someone and not .22's for the full price,

yes believe me im aware that my .177 crosman can kill people or any .22 but as i heard it, the program doesnt see it that way. so a bb gun that is potentionally leathal or a .22 or a black powder firearm are not "dangerous" enough to warrant 200 dollars in their eyes. If they do give the full price then i would use a broken beat ass Black powder pistol as ammo money generator.or a bb gun for ammo or parts money.

not true, they give full payment for .22 rifles. I have firsthand information to that effect.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 5:48:12 AM EDT
[#10]
will black powder DIY pistol kit my dad f'ed up 30 years ago fetch 200 bucks? he drilled the flash hole in the wrong spot, since he is not a gunsmith and unfamiliar with gun operation. i had to show him that his franchi 48 al comes apart and you can clean the crud out of the rec. and trigger components. he's not dumb by any means, he is a mechanic and engineer but he just doesnt get into gunsmithing. hes just a hunter when it comes to guns.

will a bb gun fetch anything worth while?

i gotta get on this morons handing out money program
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:04:30 PM EDT
[#11]
will a bb gun fetch anything worth while?

only $20
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
From 1010wins.com:

Cops: Man Brought Grenade to Gun Buyback

NEW YORK (AP)  –– It was a gun buyback, not a bomb buyback.

New York City police were holding a suspect Saturday who they say tried to turn in a live hand grenade to police at a gun-buyback program in the Bronx.

Authorities say the NYPD's bomb squad responded to a church where guns were being collected at around 4:30 p.m. and left 15 minutes later with the grenade, carrying it out in a special carrier. The program, which offers $200 for guns, no questions asked, had started Saturday across the Bronx.

Police were questioning the man, who they didn't immediately identify, and it wasn't clear if he would face any charges.

We just want the guns, not the bombs.

Serves that guy right for trying to turn in a Glock .40.....
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:27:35 PM EDT
[#13]
They do turn in bb guns and 22's for the $200.  Even bb guns are illegal within NYC limits, so they take them.  Unfortunately, old ladies have turned in their deceased hubbys WWII relics and other antique guns too.  Some NYPD told me that they wished they could have saved some from destruction.

I hated the boneyard episode (history channel) when they dumped all of those pretty guns into the arc furnace...i held back a tear.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:22:33 PM EDT
[#14]
BB guns get $25, not $200
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top