Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 9:34:20 PM EDT
What are you guys planning as far as ARs go in YOUR future?

For me, im thinking once shit gets better out there and i can finally find a better job i want to build another AR but im not sure what i want. I DO know i want a straight up Iron Sight build with no optics and shit since those are a wallet burner and i already have an AR with an Eotech and 3x mag.
I have a Stag Post ban carbine in its original configuration and ill probably wind up selling the upper barrel assembly and use the Upper and Lower from it as well as sell the fixed M4 stock.

For Parts i plan on using something i dont have on my other ARs. I dont want it to look the same. I want a BASIC as fuck rifle but not a KISS rifle. The one i want to modify is already a KISS. Parts are as follows

Daniel Defense Lite Rail (Not sure what length)
DNTC FSC556 comp
MIAD grip
LMT SOPMOD stock fixed
C4 Diopter HK Style FIXED Iron Sights OR Troy HK style BUIS
Midlength gas system if i can even find one
Possibly a different caliber if possible. Maybe 5.45 or 7.62x39

Now since im not sure if i can get a midlength barrel or a regular carbine, here are some Mockups using the Larue Profiler.
NOTE the Larue handguards will be DD Lite Rail and stock will be LMT SOPMOD. Obviously no 30 Round mag...

16" barrel with a 13" rail. Midlength

16" Barrel with a 9" rail. Midlength

This one in a 16" barrel with a 7" rail but Carbine length Gas system. I had to use the short barrel since it was the only carbine gas length. Obviously will be 16"

And for shits and giggles, 10.5" barrel with a Perm attached 6" AAC Fake Supressor and a 7" Rail

Realistically though im leaning towards the 2nd picture first. If i cant find a middy then probably will go with the 3rd. Full sized rail on a 16 inch barrel always caught my eye though.
This one will be all black too since i already have an AR dressed in DARK EARTH.

What do you guys think?

Also what do you guys plan on doing as far as ARs go? Or if not at all

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:18:50 AM EDT
[#1]
i plan on building a 24" longrange one next..  magpul stock..  and a pretty powerfull scope..  

but im in the same boat as you..   waiting for that phonecall on that kickass job
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I like pic# 4 with this front sight
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top