Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2009 7:33:32 AM EDT
Thinking of buying another AR15. However with all the talk of what MAY happen, is this a smart move? Wouldn't want to buy something that will have to be turned in or disabled. What do you think?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:46:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally I don't think the Dimwits are dumb enough to actually pass the new AWB. In previous years they used it for political purposes knowing full well the Senate leadership would let it die in committee. Now the dime is on them in the Senate and I really doubt they would want to risk their leadership position in the 2010 election cycle to enact another meaningless feel good law that will have no effect on gun related crimes in NY.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:20:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I think if you would consider turning it in you shouldn't buy one.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:28:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Buy now, do it!  
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:32:12 AM EDT
[#6]
If there's a new AWB, currently owned firearms will be grandfathered in, though they may require registration to be grandfathered.

Too many already out there for it to be effective to ban them.  You only ever see ban talk on .50 cal weapons because they're much rarer and easier to identlify.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If there's a new AWB, currently owned firearms will be grandfathered in, though they may require registration to be grandfathered.

That's what they said in NYC until Dinkin's signed the NYC AWB and sent out letters to all registered AW rifle owners that after the grace period expired they would be subject to arrest, prosecution and confiscation for continued possession of their rifles within the City of NY. When the City of NY enacted the rifle/registration system the politicians promised the $3 dollar lifetime permit fee would never be increased.  It now costs a whopping $240 (approx) to apply and a $140 renewal fee every three years for a NYC rifle/shotgun permit.

The only purpose of AW registration is to set-up a system for eventual confiscation when the political climate is right. At the rate the upstate tax payer base is leaving NY for greener pastures the NYC Dimwits will eventually have a stronghold on the Senate as they do in the Assembly.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Buy it now.
Do not hesitate.
Do not concern yourself with what might be legal in the future.
Buy it now.

Seriously, don't blow it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thinking of buying another AR15. However with all the talk of what MAY happen, is this a smart move? Wouldn't want to buy something that will have to be turned in or disabled. What do you think?

I think you'll Pu$$y out and turn it in!
Why don't you sell all your icky guns (to ME at .50 on the 1.00) and buy some new shiny golf clubs!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why don't you sell all your icky guns (to ME at .50 on the 1.00) and buy some new shiny golf clubs!

As expected when you ask for an opinion the old saying is true " opinions are like assholes, everyone has one".  Adirondack1, today you are the asshole!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As expected when you ask for an opinion the old saying is true " opinions are like assholes, everyone has one".  Adirondack1, today you are the asshole!

lol....

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:28:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Buy what ever you like permitting you can purchase what you like.  Never worry about the future.  Personally, I'd never hand in any gun I own regardless of any law.  I'd turn my wife in first, can always start out with a newer model then.

-Tom
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

(Elvis voice) Ahhhh Thank Ya.....Thank Ya Verrry Much!!! (Elvis voice off)
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:49:16 AM EDT
[#14]
It would be interesting to see how they deal with a situation like...
"My brother has the upper, I have the lower" situation.

Only together do they make an AW.
LOL Gene Stoners genius transcends the lunacy of our elected officials
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#15]
i am in the same boat. i am going to buy soon and worry about the laws later. As many have said I will never turn my guns in.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It would be interesting to see how they deal with a situation like...

"My brother has the upper, I have the lower" situation.

Only together do they make an AW.

LOL Gene Stoners genius transcends the lunacy of our elected officials

That depends on what the following actually means. What is a conversion kit? What combination of parts? What does under control of the same person mean? If you think the current AWB is not clear you ain't seen nuthin' yet if this abomination of a bill is enacted into law.

(f) Conversion kit, part, or  combination  of  parts,  from  which  an

assault  weapon can be assembled if those parts are in the possession or

under the control of the same person; or

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#17]
buy buy buy...worry about it later
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:57:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Buy, if shit happens, then it happens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top