Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2009 12:58:37 PM EDT
Guys,

My dad is filling out his Suffolk County pistol permit paperwork...and he'd like to know the following:

Regarding his four references, where will they be interviewed? Will it be by phone? If in person, where will it take place? Are the references expected to go to Yaphank to interview?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending on his record probably just a phone call.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#2]
To add to the question after the refrences sign the applicants form do they also need to fill out the character reference form, get it noterized and hand it in with the applicants filled out form?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#3]
The only person that was called was my wife 5 days before it came in the mail Was a waste of time to have people sign it,during interview io had to pick  2 to fill out form and get noterized
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I am in Nassau but 5 years ago they also only called me, asked where would I store them, then asked to speak to my wife (in my presence!)
Yes, a waste to have to get my friends to get the damn letter notarized and then have it be ignored.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#5]
When I was at my interview, I had to choose two of my four references to give forms they had to fill out and get notarized..  

hopefully soon I can let you know if they were called...
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When I was at my interview, I had to choose two of my four references to give forms they had to fill out and get notarized..  

Was that Suffolk?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Depends. Out of 4 people I know, one was interviewed as a reference. Personally, my 2 people who were chosen never received the paperwork to get notorized and I received my Suffolk permit
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#8]
My investigating PO picked 2 of my 4 references (at random) and had them fill out 1 additional sheet of paper attesting to my "character". They had to get them notarized and mailed them directly to the PO in Yaphank. Then they called my wife to inform her I was in the process of getting a permit. No big deal really..
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was that Suffolk?

Yeah.. out in Suffolk.  Overall  the officer couldn't have been a nicer guy.  I'm trying not to even think about it so hopefully my references and wife get the call soon!
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#10]
+1, generally they pick 2 of 4, who then have to fill out one additional sheet and get it notarized.  Sometimes they'll even let you pick which two.  Some people have quite a few phone calls mad re: them, other people have none.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Depends. Out of 4 people I know, one was interviewed as a reference. Personally, my 2 people who were chosen never received the paperwork to get notorized and I received my Suffolk permit

Ok, but where/how was the interview conducted? In person? On the phone? In Yaphank?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:07:20 PM EDT
[#12]
None of my 4 references were called at all. Only 2 got an additional sheet of paper to fill out and get notarized
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top