Link Posted: 3/23/2009 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be in attendance.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#3]
woot woot...  no $$ to spend but ill be there in good spirit
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:44:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone going to meet for breakfast ? Their is a nice little diner right around the corner named Bobs Diner. Greek fry cooking at it's best
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't forget about the fund raiser for the NYSRPA being hosted by MDTS  http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=9&t=337373

Somewhere there was a thread about us getting together at Tully's for lunch on Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll try to make it. I may have to work.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:58:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Have to work  
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a rifle I'd like to sell at the dome show.   I understand about having to pay for a background check on the buyer.   But do I just walk around with it while I am looking around the show?  It's in the original box.  Stick a sign on the box?  Is there standard way to accomplish this and not break any show rules?
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 4:31:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I have a rifle I'd like to sell at the dome show. I understand about having to pay for a background check on the buyer. But do I just walk around with it while I am looking around the show? It's in the original box. Stick a sign on the box? Is there standard way to accomplish this and not break any show rules?

I think the best way to get exposure would be to sling it over your shoulder with the old "sign on a dowel in the muzzle" method...that way people actually see the gun. You can let them know that you have the box etc if they ask you about it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 4:35:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

im always in for a good laugh. so i'll be there

Laughs indeed, I think I've been to 9 shows in the 3 years I've been here and I have only purchased a couple of small items. so I've spent about $60-$70 getting in and about $50-$60 at the shows.
Good times just the same though. Does anyone know if the pistol permit office is there on Sunday, or is it only Saturday? I'm thinking of picking up a keltec if I can find one at a reasonable price and would like to do a one-stop-shop deal but don't know if I can make it one Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 4:53:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a rifle I'd like to sell at the dome show.   I understand about having to pay for a background check on the buyer. that's your choice, but I sure as hell wouldn't and it's not a requirement on you.   But do I just walk around with it while I am looking around the show?  It's in the original box.  Stick a sign on the box?  Is there standard way to accomplish this and not break any show rules?

IMHO the "best way" would be the stick in the muzzle, make sure the flag is large enough, with details and put at least an asking price, that'll cut way down on the sharks & thieves looking for a steal of a deal. Leave the box and accessories in the car, they can be picked up later if a deal is made.
IF you make a deal with a non-dealer at the show; NY law requires a NICS check be conducted through a 01 licenses dealer. Should you have a friend or regular dealer, or are planning a purchase with the proceeds you could ask them to help. AFAIK the show promoter will do them for ~$10. again it's always better to ask in advance, and also decide who's footing the charges for the NICS check. Of course if you sell to a FFL holder, there's nothing to be done.
A representative from the Monroe Co. PP is there on Saturday only until ~2:30, so don't screw around.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the information.

Anyone know if there a dealers who will sell items at their table for a commission?
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 3:49:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Aww damn I got work
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 3:55:27 AM EDT
[#15]
I'll be there Saturday morning. I'm in for a Tully's Lunch if it works out.

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:05:02 AM EDT
[#16]

[/quote]

A representative from the Monroe Co. PP is there on Saturday only until ~2:30, so don't screw around.
[/quote]

???  Monroe Co. PP?  whats that.. not that i plan on selling anything id just didnt know the county had there people there.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:30:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

??? Monroe Co. PP? whats that.. not that i plan on selling anything id just didnt know the county had there people there.

"Monroe County Pistol Permit Office"...the pistol permit offices sets up shop at the show so that you can do additions right then and there...buy a pistol, add it to your permit, go home...all at the same time.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 6:28:11 AM EDT
[#18]
I'll be showing up on Saturday, would love to do breakfast or lunch and meet some of the NY guys.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'll be showing up on Saturday, would love to do breakfast or lunch and meet some of the NY guys.

Well keep an eye open in the main entrance for a motley looking bunch mulling around together around 11:30. Usual suspect will have something with a bolt-face logo.

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll probably be there both days.  I only live a mile away as the crow flies.  Will be missing Syracus this year.  Be in Springfield Missouri for # 3 son's wedding.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:46:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll be there Saturday, probably pretty early, but won't be able to hang around - got bunches of stuff to do this weekend. Mainly going to advise a couple of friends on rifle purchases and chivvy them over to the GCL booth to get memberships at the March discounted rate.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll head up there.  Where is the dome?  or is this another name for Blue Cross arena?
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'll head up there.  Where is the dome?  or is this another name for Blue Cross arena?

The Dome Center
Google Maps
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:14:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Just don't get stuck in one of the many bottomless potholes in the parking lot
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:20:56 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm showing up early.

I'm tempted to bring my AR and slap a price tag of 2500 on it and see how many people consider that price (acutal value, about 1100 which what i paid)
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just don't get stuck in one of the many bottomless potholes in the parking lot

Do you know they paved the parking lot?  Biggest problem may be parking spaces.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:08:18 PM EDT
[#27]
The Dealer that I'll be there with has a couple AR's for the show: a "green label" Colt and a Stag, also a SPAS12.

LISTEN GUYS: Ammo and components are in SHORT supply right now, so don't go there expecting lots of cheap ammo or reloading supplies 'cuz it ain't happening.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:36:07 PM EDT
[#28]
I might check it out on Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:02:18 AM EDT
[#29]
If I go SUN morning will there be anything left?  
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Dome Center
Google Maps

thank you sir!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#31]
I've got tons of stuff to to both nights but I might try to sneak out to the show.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If I go SUN morning will there be anything left?  

Well I was there today (Friday) setting up: Sherluk only had six Uppers/kits left, and there were at least six guys mulling them over, One guy bought fourteen (yes 14) kits, I wouldn't be surprised if they packed up and went back to Ohio.....they literally sold out!

Steve the ammo guy from NJ (not to be confused with ammoman.com) was a good selection, but don't look for deals or cases of .40 S&W because the well is DRY right now.
Stopped and picked up supplies at Biekirch's: there inventory is waay down only because the manufacturers cannot keep up with orders.  Call it BS if you will, but call your dealer and ask them first.

Seems to be a fair number of AK type rifles, some AR's and I did see one of AIM's PSL's for $899.  [>://
Usual stuff, both halls are open....should be a decent show.
Keep in mind that folks are buying anything that'll shoot!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:14:55 AM EDT
[#33]
If the shows from back home in western washington (very liberal/anti gun), for the past few months are any preview it should be a mad house of being overcrowded and some prices you can only laugh at.

If you are looking for something specific or good deals you'll probably want to get there early this morning. This months show in WA, a reasonable large amount of ammo sold out quickly other than .22 and that was going fast, from what my father told me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

The Dealer that I'll be there with has a couple AR's for the show: a "green label" Colt and a Stag, also a SPAS12.

LISTEN GUYS: Ammo and components are in SHORT supply right now, so don't go there expecting lots of cheap ammo or reloading supplies 'cuz it ain't happening.

Never does at a gun show.

Add 20% a few years ago, now at up to 50% or more.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#35]
is $400 per 1000 of 7.62x39 wolf really the going rate?
I couldn't believe that.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:38:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I couldn't believe that.

The going rate for thieves...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:11:39 AM EDT
[#37]
There were a good deal on Mosin-Nagant 91-30's. There was a table with two crates full of them for $109-129. Of course I couldn't get anywhere near the damn table.

Bought my son a Coyote face and Fisher cat foot.

Total mad house. No parking left and a sea of humanity.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:43:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I couldn't believe that.

There was a dealer in the back hall with a dozen or so cases of wolf for $400. per case.....It didn't look like he was selling out. There is/was other dealers with better deals, just have to shop around. At lest you can throw out an offer "with tax included"  
Just like anything else in high demand, with limited supplies, the prices will be inflated! You think ammo at the shows is high? go into GM and have a look!  WWB .40 S&W  $29.95 a box!  fuck that!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:50:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There were a good deal on Mosin-Nagant 91-30's. There was a table with two crates full of them for $109-129. Of course I couldn't get anywhere near the damn table.

Bought my son a Coyote face and Fisher cat foot.

Total mad house. No parking left and a sea of humanity.

Really that's not a bad price now because all the importers have left is in the bottom of the barrel.  When Swiss K-31's were coming in a few years ago, a premo rifle had a dealer cost ~$100.  now that same rife will go ~$300. if you can find one.

The youngest son loves that kind of stuff! I believe if he has a pile of furs he'd slep in them!   That's one kid PETA won't get their dick-beaters into.  

By 2:00 the crowd had died down enough to be able to park near the door and actually be able to brouse. Gunshows are like garage sales: everybidy i trying to get in early foe deals, steals, and before somebody buys what they're looking for first.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:36:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I couldn't believe that.

There was a dealer in the back hall with a dozen or so cases of wolf for $400. per case.....It didn't look like he was selling out. There is/was other dealers with better deals, just have to shop around. At lest you can throw out an offer "with tax included"  
Just like anything else in high demand, with limited supplies, the prices will be inflated! You think ammo at the shows is high? go into GM and have a look!  WWB .40 S&W  $29.95 a box!  fuck that!

At least the $400/1000 Wolf included tax.  More like $370 without taxes included, but it will never be $150/1000 again.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Bought 2  "5 line" Tula mosins from that table... Got a ton of slugs for 5/$10. Not bad. They shot good.. Got a box of ammo cans, a borelight (lol but i was due), Then went to gander mt afterwards and snagged a Mossberg 500A for $100.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#42]
I went this morning...Picked up a Yugo K98 for 170...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Sold my Yugo SKS for a decent price (still way too much, but was one of the cheaper ones). Also I was the mag guy walking/standing around with the sign above my head yesterday and today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top