Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2009 12:01:00 PM EDT
Cortland Pistol Club is announcing their 2009 IDPA and USPSA shooting schedule.  

We are a growing club that offers open range time as well as competitive shooting sports. We offer International Defensive Pistol (IDPA) and United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) matches. Visitors and spectators are welcome to watch these matches and to learn more about these exciting sports

Range Address
888 Elm Street Ext
Groton, NY 13073
Directions

The goal of IDPA from the IDPA website:
One of the unique facets of this sport is that it is geared toward the new or average shooter, yet is fun, challenging and rewarding for the experienced shooter. The founders developed the sport so that practical gear and practical guns may be used competitively. An interested person can spend a minimal amount on equipment and still be competitive.
The main goal is to test the skill and ability of the individual, not equipment or gamesmanship. “Competition only” equipment is not permitted in this sport.
The firearms are grouped into five (5) divisions: 1) Custom Defensive Pistol (.45ACP semi-automatics only); 2) Enhanced Service Pistol (9mm (9x19) or larger caliber semi-automatics); 3) Stock Service Pistol (9mm (9x19) or larger caliber double action, double action only, or safe action semi-automatics); 4) Enhanced Service Revolver (.38 caliber or larger double action revolvers); and 5) Stock Service Revolver (.38 caliber or larger double action revolvers). See Appendix One – Equipment for delineations in the revolver divisions. Shooters are then classed by like-skill levels with progression from Novice (NV); to Marksman (MM); to Sharpshooter (SS); to Expert (EX); and, finally, to Master (MA).

The schedule for IDPA is the first Saturday of the month March-November with the exception of August witch is held on the second Saturday.

USPSA matches are held the fourth Sunday of each month, March –October.  

Shooting starts at 10:00 am.  Afternoon squad if there is interest.
Checkout their website at: www.cortlandpistolclub.com

Gear required for your first shoot; pistol with at least 100 rounds of ammunition, hip holster that covers the trigger, and a garment to cover the holstered pistol.  (i.e. jacket, vest, etc)  A short, one time safety orientation is required prior to shooting your first match.  

For questions or more information email Guy Sutton at [email protected]
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#1]
First match of the year is this Saturday.  $10 for the first shoot.
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 10:58:58 AM EDT
[#2]
All,

Cortland IDPA is this Saturday, April 4th.  Squads @10:00 AM and 1:00 PM.

If you are bringing a first time shooter with you, please let me know so we can schedule them for a safety orientation before the match.

Range conditions are better with the addition of extra wood chips, but with the forecast calling for rain on  Wednesday and Friday the bays maybe damp and soft.

See you all on Saturday.

Guy

All,

Due to the forecast of rain, wind and snow for Friday PM and Saturday AM, we are unfortunately canceling the match for Saturday April 4th.

We hope to see everyone for the next IDPA match on May 2nd.  Don't forget about the USPSA match on April 26th.

Thanks,

Guy
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 6:27:02 AM EDT
[#3]
All,

The match from last weekend has been scheduled for this Saturday April 11th.  Start time is 10:00.

See you then,

Guy
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:22:18 AM EDT
[#4]
All,

IDPA match this weekend (5/2/09) at Cortland starting at 10:00 and 1:00.

If you are bringing a first time shooter, please let me know so I can arrange a range safety orientation.

See you Saturday morning.

Guy
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 5:00:12 AM EDT
[#5]
All,

IDPA match 6/6/09 starting at 10:00

Thanks,
Guy

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#6]
All,

IDPA match 8/8/09 starting at 10:00.  There will be no afternoon relay.

Thanks,
Guy
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 3:49:06 AM EDT
[#7]
All,

Match starts at 10:00, 5 stages and approx 90 rnds.  I haven't been able
to confirmed if Groton is having an event this weekend so I'm planning
an afternoon squad.

We also have a 3 gun stage setup which will run immediately after the
morning match.  You'll need a semi-auto rifle that will hold 10 rnds
(.22lr - .308), 6 rounds of bird shot - pump or semi-auto(12 or 20
gauge) shotgun and your match pistol (10 - 18 rnds). The only reloading
you'll need to do will possible be with the pistol.  The stage is setup
so if you have a miss or failure with the rifle or shotgun you can
finish the stage with your pistol.  If you have never shot a 3 gun event
this is your chance to open the safe and dust off the hardware.

Guy
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 4:58:41 AM EDT
[#8]
All,

IDPA match this weekend (10/3/09) at Cortland starting at 10:00 and 1:00.

If you are bringing a first time shooter, please let me know so I can arrange a range safety orientation.

Guy
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#9]
All,

This is the last match of the year.  Saturday November 7th. Start time 10:00.  There will not
be an afternoon squad since we will be tearing down the stages and
putting everything away for the winter.   Any and all help will be
appreciated.

See you Saturday

Guy

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top