Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2008 10:22:42 AM EDT
Hi, I'm new to the AR-15 community, and new to my Bushmaster M4-A3 riffle.
Can anyone refer me to a free guide, youtube video, or a simple explanation on the oil points for the M4?
I've been told the Bolt Carrier Assembly needs to be oiled really well, I was hoping to find a diagram online of the rest of the oil points.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:47:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#2]
As a general rule I lightly spray everything except inside the gas tube.  Seems to have worked well for me over the years.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:13:59 PM EDT
[#3]
PERFECT!!! THANK YOU!

When cleaning the Bolt and carrier, do you think or know if it's necessary to field strip the bolt adn remove the extractor pin every time you want to clean the weapon after shooting?

Is it also necessary to remove the Buffer Spring when cleaning the rifle?
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 1:23:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
PERFECT!!! THANK YOU!

When cleaning the Bolt and carrier, do you think or know if it's necessary to field strip the bolt adn remove the extractor pin every time you want to clean the weapon after shooting?

Is it also necessary to remove the Buffer Spring when cleaning the rifle?

No I just use a tooth brush on it. It gets clean enough and has never caused me a problem.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top