Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2008 5:33:49 AM EDT
I am new to NJ and I am looking for some land to hunt. I just moved from Savannah, GA to Morristown for a new job. Was born in New Haven CT and joined the military and I am now getting back 21 years latter!
I would like to hunt with others if possible and I am willing to work to earn my keep! I have hunted all my life and am a very safe and ethical hunter and will follow any rules that you set. If you don't own your own land but hunt on public land and would not mind showing a new guy some good spots, let me know.

Thanks!
Savgun
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:54:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't hunt, myself so I cant give you any detailed info. I have a lot of friends though that hunt in the Vernon/West Milford area with a lot of success. There is plenty of public land. I hear ya though with the personal experience/hunting buddy thing. I recently purchased an 870 and this year at age 30 I'm going to become a hunter. Better late than never.

-There's a great shop just outside of Newton, NJ called Simon Peter sporting goods on RT 206. They sell guns, archery... big spot for avid hunters. I'm sure if you visit a few decent shops, they can help you.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm going to echo adrock's post - I just went on my first hunt (as a spectator) last month with some members here in the ADKs - the AAR was tacked until recently. I am going to pick up the hunter's ed materials today and start the home study part after the holidays. I too have aquaintances that hunt bow in northern NJ as they do well but the fuckers never invite me after years of me asking!.  I won't be getting out again till next fall but would love to do a NJ locals hunt next year. I know a good place to base camp. Sorry I can't help much more than that savgun. Also there are a few NJ hunting forums around check them out as well.

ADROCK: Did you get your license already??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top