Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2008 3:42:30 PM EDT
God bless 'em for what they do, and for the most part they are trying, but almost every single nite they call with some bullshit "survey question" with only one real answer in order to pump you up so you'll send more money.
In spite of TELLING THEM to remove us from their phone list, the calls keep coming.
I'm probably going to catch hell from the NRA apologists, buy damn it man they are always hounding for money with more of the "...most far reaching/sever/restrictive/...legislation ever!"
Yes I know the anti-'s never rest, and many of the arguments, but when you ask not to be solicited by phone there is an obligation to honor that request.  

When you want to get serious about winning and not compromising.
When you'll stop living & lobbying with an unlimited expense account.
When you'll no longer capitulate to "sensible" laws that affect lawful owners.
When you'll no longer solicit the next big fight over legislation that wouldn't come to fruition just so you can badger the membership for more money.
[rant_off/]
When you want to do these things, send a letter, until then there are a lot of smaller organizations that WILL fight without the premise of loosing and they WON'T call every damn night!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah.. they do drive a lot of members away, especially new first year members who are shocked by renewal letters 5 months into their membership. That and the constant requests for money.

I don't answer the phone, so they don't bother me there. But they sure as hell waste a lot of paper trying to get me (a life member) you join.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#2]
A while back my wife got pissed at them and told them to take me off their call list.  Only times have they called, and my wife told them we're on the no call list.  At which time they appologize and hang up.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#3]
That and the constant requests for money.

They do that because it makes them money.  I believe they only need a 1.5% response rate for their solitictations to make money.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I am a member now, but I stopped for awhile because they tend to be annoying with the phone calls.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top