Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 9:01:15 AM EDT
I tried to order 45acp from them and was told it was restricted and couldn't be shipped to NJ. Has anyone else had this problem? This is the first time I have placed an order since the wonderful PRNJ pasted the ammo ban.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:29:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I tried to order 45acp from them and was told it was restricted and couldn't be shipped to NJ. Has anyone else had this problem? This is the first time I have placed an order since the wonderful PRNJ pasted the ammo ban.

Why am I not surprised?
I'm guessing that the non-face-to-face suppliers who can't put eyeballs on your FID or PPP are reluctant to incur the mighty wrath of Mistress Anne and are going the extra mile to say
"Fuck You New Jersey"
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#2]
i sent them an email we'll see if they get back to me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:45:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i sent them an email we'll see if they get back to me.

Don't hold your breath for a positive reply.
Talk to PK90 about getting that ammo in for you.
You'll pay sales tax instead of freight charges
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn't need it but it was on sale.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I didn't need it but it was on sale.

Was it the magtech?  I almost placed an order but the I found out that Natchez has WWB 230 grain FMJ for close to the same price.... about $16 per 50.  A GOOD DEAL!  I just got 4 boxes the other day.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not very happy with Midway either...I thought I'd give them one last chance this week when the Ceiner kits were on sale...tried to order one but they said that due to Rochester's laws (5 round limit on rifle mags) they wouldn't send it to me. They wouldn't listen to the fact that I don't actually live in Rochester...apparently I "live in a restricted zip code"  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#7]
if you dont care what kinda .45 you shoot, I just bought 1K rounds of wolf from sportsmensguide.com for $249

john, you can have your .22 kit shipped to my house if you want. I have a zip code that comes up as "dis' guy live in the fuckin' boonies!!!!"......
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
john, you can have your .22 kit shipped to my house if you want. I have a zip code that comes up as "dis' guy live in the fuckin' boonies!!!!"......

You'll need to add that new 'ship-to address' to your credit card account as an alternate delivery address.  Midway is particular about only shipping to addresses that get the ok from the credit card issuer.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I tried to order some .45acp Speer Gold Dot 230gr from Midway on Friday - no go due to new NJ shipping policy for handgun ammo.

I eventually ordered 9/40/45 Speer Gold Dot from CTD.

We need a stickey to keep track of what companies will or will not ship items to NJ.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:46:52 PM EDT
[#10]
what about rifle ammo ?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
what about rifle ammo ?

Having dealt with Midway for a few years now, and knowing the intimidation factor that spews from the office of Mistress Anne, I wouldn't be surprised if Midway won't ship any complete ammo to us in the PRNJ now.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:11:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I just bought some CCI 22lr Mini mags and they have already been shipped out to me, so I guess rifle rounds are ok...for now.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Midway was going to ship me slugs no problem.  But I got even for all of you and cancelled my order and ordered it elsewhere.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:49:59 PM EDT
[#14]
if your interested i have 1k rounds of wolf polymer coated .45acp im looking to get rid of for $225... if interested we could meet up somewhere

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:49:29 AM EDT
[#15]
If you're in Jersey, why not just take a trip to the AMMOMAN in person?  I've considered it, but I'm 3 hours away (one way) and I get his stuff the next day through UPS on an internet order.

I know there are plenty of ammoman naysayers on ARFCOM but I still swear by him.  Probably close to 20 orders and no problems.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:29:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If you're in Jersey, why not just take a trip to the AMMOMAN in person?  I've considered it, but I'm 3 hours away (one way) and I get his stuff the next day through UPS on an internet order.

I know there are plenty of ammoman naysayers on ARFCOM but I still swear by him.  Probably close to 20 orders and no problems.

+1 on AMMOMAN. Been buying ammo from him for years and NEVER had a problem.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:39:45 AM EDT
[#17]
if you live in nj the only way to buy from ammoman is via FTF pickup... it's a bit out of the way coming from the northern counties.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#18]
ammoman ain't the cheapest fella on the block
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:43:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Just learn to reload!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Just learn to reload!!!

Now see, that's why I was unaffected by this thread.

Once again, thank you Lugerman for giving me my first reloading class.

Secondary thank you to njJoniguy and JoelK for their assistance with my training also.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just learn to reload!!!

Secondary thank you to njJoniguy and JoelK for their assistance with my training also.

Your were a good student and a nice guy.   Offer is open to anyone else who is interested in reloading. Just drop me an IM.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just learn to reload!!!

Your were a good student and a nice guy.   Offer is open to anyone else who is interested in reloading. Just drop me an IM.

Thanks.  I know this is possibly hard to believe but reloading is relaxing and enjoyable.  But you have to be the type of person who is detail oriented and takes pride in their own workmanship.  With that mentality it is a new life long hobby.  If you are not like that... Seriously, don't bother.  All those that I know who reload and love it are from that mold.  Give it a shot.  Worst that could happen is you'll sell your equipment for a small loss.  Used equipment has a good resale value.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I am interested in reloading 223, and other various calibers,any ideas would definitely be appreciated
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:20:25 PM EDT
[#24]
And I'll up that to include a donation on .40 S&W brass as thanks to Thundar and NJJoniguy I now have way too much more tha nI'll ever get around to loading, since I collect more of it every other week to keep me stocked.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:47:30 AM EDT
[#25]
I ordered a few boxes of 45acp from another retailer Sunday and it shipped yesterday. So they will get my business until I get set up for reloading.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:54:09 AM EDT
[#26]
I just ordered from ammunition-to-go with no problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top