Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2008 5:57:47 PM EDT
Back during the .fed AWB I kept crap 30 round ar mag bodies, as the law allowed me to replace them with brand new bodies, but prevailing wisdom then was to keep the crap ones as proof of the replacement.

FF -> today, 2008, massive cleanup & reorg found a box of 20.  

Queston:

Does NY law mirror the .fed law? Would these be worth shipping to NY. I dont want anything for them, hell 2 stick it to the man with his boot on my neck I would spring for shipping on the slow boat. ;)

thanks!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Back during the .fed AWB I kept crap 30 round ar mag bodies, as the law allowed me to replace them with brand new bodies, but prevailing wisdom then was to keep the crap ones as proof of the replacement.

FF -> today, 2008, massive cleanup & reorg found a box of 20.  

Queston:

Does NY law mirror the .fed law? Would these be worth shipping to NY. I dont want anything for them, hell 2 stick it to the man with his boot on my neck I would spring for shipping on the slow boat. ;)

thanks!

AFAIK, If the bodies are Pre-Ban they are good to go in NYS.  I don't need them, but I'm sure someone could use them.  That's very generous of you.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 11:03:34 PM EDT
[#2]
interested :)
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:37:30 AM EDT
[#3]
That's very generous of you. I'm sure they will find a nice home in the PRNY.

As a side note whatever happened to that house that you poured a concrete floor on an upper floor? At least I think it was you.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#4]
i'm intrested.  i'll pay shipping aswell
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe Hanz is correct.  And a very generous OP.  Thanks for helping us who are behind the line.  :)
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#6]
IM sent, thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Just an idea, whoever gets them, could make them look all nice, put some floorplates, springs and followers in them, stencil on some kind of ny/nj arfcom logo, then sell them at a fair price, and donate the money to the NYSRPA or another charity. I would buy one in that case.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#8]
After re-reading this thread I do not believe these bodies would be of any value in NY. Since they are crap bodies aka damaged beyond use I assume, we are not allowed to replace a damaged mag body w/ a new one. Correct me if I'm wrong NY?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
After re-reading this thread I do not believe these bodies would be of any value in NY. Since they are crap bodies aka damaged beyond use I assume, we are not allowed to replace a damaged mag body w/ a new one. Correct me if I'm wrong NY?

I got a number of IM's. I was led to believe from a few different people the NY AWB mirrors the old .fed AWB, with the exception of the sunset clause. Under the old .fed one, a damaged body could indeed be replaced.

Regardless, I no longer have them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:25:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got a number of IM's. I was led to believe from a few different people the NY AWB mirrors the old .fed AWB, with the exception of the sunset clause. Under the old .fed one, a damaged body could indeed be replaced.

You were led wrong.  We don't have the option of replacing pre-ban bodies with post-ban bodies.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You were led wrong.  We don't have the option of replacing pre-ban bodies with post-ban bodies.

Why not?  I'm not aware of any magazine AWB law exceptions that was different between NY AWB and the old Fed AWB.  I understand that there are different opinions on this topic, but so far, they are just opinions.  I've not seen any NY written AWB laws that states otherwise.  Please enlighten me...
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not?  I'm not aware of any magazine AWB law exceptions that was different between NY AWB and the old Fed AWB.  I understand that there are different opinions on this topic, but so far, they are just opinions.  I've not seen any NY written AWB laws that states otherwise.  Please enlighten me...

I believe that it comes down to the fact that NY law does not say that you can replacement broken mag bodies w/ new.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe that it comes down to the fact that NY law does not say that you can replacement broken mag bodies w/ new.

The Fed law does not say that either.  But BATF allowed it, and it was total legal under the Fed AWB.  For example the Armalite magazine which used the parts of the preban M14 magazine to create a new 20 rounder magazine that was legal under the Fed AWB.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Fed law does not say that either.  But BATF allowed it, and it was total legal under the Fed AWB.  For example the Armalite magazine which used the parts of the preban M14 magazine to create a new 20 rounder magazine that was legal under the Fed AWB.

I concur.....While stationed there, I bought a bunch of AR-10 conversion kits, and an equal number of POS, but preban, USA brand M-14 mags from CTD. All were delivered to my NY address without a problem.

In fact, I was up in the attic the other day and I still have the old POS preban M-14 mag bodies with bills of sale stating their preban status, and the Armalite documentation that accompanied the kits certifying that I wasn't building new mags from parts. Hmmmm.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top