Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2008 6:23:19 PM EDT
This past Sunday Lori (wife) was on the way home from visiting her daughter who is at camp in Holmes, NY. The camp is not even on the map. Anyhow, she is on Rt. 287 South around Franklin Lakes, NJ. The car behind her was so close he knew what Lori had for lunch. Prior to this, Lori was watching the car weaving across all the lanes trying to 'make time.' Lori was doing 70 in a 65 zone and just keeping up with traffic. Those in the fast lane were doing in excess of the posted speed limit. Well in excess!

The little white hot rod with a winged rear and front air dam finally weaved to another lane to pass Lori and she said to herself, 'Where is a cop when you need one? That driver is going to kill someone!' Ask and you shall receive. Out of nowhere there were red lights, sirens, and a blur passing Lori.

Sometimes the Lord answers right away.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I love when that idiot driver passes you and a few miles down the road he is polled over.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I love when that idiot driver passes you and a few miles down the road he is polled over.

yes, i take pleasure in knowing they'll eventually be the ones to pull the troopers out of the woods.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 6:07:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Four years ago I go onto route 128 in Danvers, MA on a Sunday morning with not much traffic.  I was in the middle lane doing 60MPH and a blue vehicle came up behind me, swerved around and blew past me like I was standing still.  One exit up the MA State Police were watching from an on ramp.  The trooper zipped down the ramp and nailed him.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 9:53:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone that drives faster than me is a maniac.

Anyone that drives slower than me is an idiot.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

And it's a long-known fact that every jersey driver has the same name - ASSHOLE
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 10:21:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Lori's inident happened an exit north of me. LOTS of money in that area and many of the young'ins are driving hyped-up Ricers, Beemers, etc. with mommy and daddies money and don't care about anyone else or have respect for anything. The NJSP patrol that section pretty heavy.

If the NJSP's didn't get him...our local HP probably would have. They stake out 287 southbound almost 24/7 for NY idiots and the little rich kids, good source of income for my little town. If you are driving 75mph, you have a 95% chance of getting by, hit 80 and drive like an a-hole, your getting some points. My two neighbors are generally the ones sitting on the shoulder.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Lori's inident happened an exit north of me. LOTS of money in that area and many of the young'ins are driving hyped-up Ricers, Beemers, etc. with mommy and daddies money and don't care about anyone else or have respect for anything. The NJSP patrol that section pretty heavy.

If the NJSP's didn't get him...our local HP probably would have. They stake out 287 southbound almost 24/7 for NY idiots and the little rich kids, good source of income for my little town. If you are driving 75mph, you have a 95% chance of getting by, hit 80 and drive like an a-hole, your getting some points. My two neighbors are generally the ones sitting on the shoulder.

Those patrols on Interstate 287 by Wanaque PD, and PCSD are illegal and improper.  The interstate's in NJ are the sole jurisdiction of the NJSP.  The only time a local PO is technically allowed to make a stop is when travesrsing the interstate to get from one part of their jurisdiction to the other and they happen to observe a violation.  Their practice of running radar while parked on the shoulder is not kosher.  The NJSP don't come down too hard on the local PD's in that region because the barraks that patrols that section leading to Mahwah and NY is so far away, and at the outer limit of their patrol sector.

ETA--Don't live in the Garden State anymore, but I travelled that stretch every day for a few years and know it well.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And it's a long-known fact that every jersey driver has the same name - ASSHOLE

except me (the driver)
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Was it TheWind?  
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 1:38:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Nope I follow the speed limit and traffic laws, that and my Jeep doesn't go that fast.... but my work car does...130mph on the ACE.....lights and siren...I 'll be looking for You
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Nope I follow the speed limit and traffic laws, that and my Jeep doesn't go that fast.... but my work car does...130mph on the ACE.....lights and siren...I 'll be looking for You

I meant in your work car.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You're a Trooper?
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#13]
No but I stayed at a holiday in , well for a couple of hours.  Nah County cop, sometimes I get to do extraditions and high risk transports....I often wonder is it be caUse I am good and can deal with problems...... or theY hope I get shot at?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:37:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Arfcom is very cool. I could be sharing my experience as an enthusiast with the very folks whose job it is to cite me or worse on the very roads I frequent. Know this: when I am detained by the VFW or fire dept. or volly ambulance north of  the rt 17-287/87 junction I am one of the good guys. On the Thruway itself south of exit 15, I guess you're the boss.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
This past Sunday Lori (wife) was on the way home from visiting her daughter who is at camp in Holmes, NY. The camp is not even on the map. Anyhow, she is on Rt. 287 South around Franklin Lakes, NJ. The car behind her was so close he knew what Lori had for lunch. Prior to this, Lori was watching the car weaving across all the lanes trying to 'make time.' Lori was doing 70 in a 65 zone and just keeping up with traffic. Those in the fast lane were doing in excess of the posted speed limit. Well in excess!

The little white hot rod with a winged rear and front air dam finally weaved to another lane to pass Lori and she said to herself, 'Where is a cop when you need one? That driver is going to kill someone!' Ask and you shall receive. Out of nowhere there were red lights, sirens, and a blur passing Lori.

Sometimes the Lord answers right away.

Maxwell

The stretch of 287 between Rt 80 and the NY border is one of the fastest and most aggressive driving experience in NJ. I'm on it from exit 55 to rt24 every day going to work. The average speed I see must be 75-80 mph. Only parts of the GSP are comparable or worse.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#16]

The stretch of 287 between Rt 80 and the NY border is one of the fastest and most aggressive driving experience in NJ. I'm on it from exit 55 to rt24 every day going to work. The average speed I see must be 75-80 mph. Only parts of the GSP are comparable or worse.

Try the ACE, can hit 90 during the week, two friends of mine do 100 to 105 on it, tickets start at 80+ anything slower ties up traffic
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:03:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Try the ACE, can hit 90 during the week, two friends of mine do 100 to 105 on it, tickets start at 80+ anything slower ties up traffic

I rarely go south of Princeton so not very familiar with the AC area. When my wife drives on 287 she does 75 in the right lane and has people passing her constantly, me I go with the flow in the middle or left but try to not go over 80.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Route 287 between 80 and NYS is the one stretch of highway where cops don`t have to work hard at making ticket quotas. I`ve had drivers pass me like I`m standing still when I was doing 65-70. The worse was an eighteen wheeler weaving in and out of traffic at 80+ mph. I was actually hoping for a trooper to get him.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#19]
I can second thewind's comment about the ACE.  I normally do 80 going south bound in the right lane and people fly by me.  However i have cut many a person out of their car on the ACE for going crash into the median or off to the right into the woods.  I have some not so go pics of idoits having a head on with a closing speed in excess of 120  mph on the ACE.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#20]
The speed limits are too low
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top