BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 6/16/2008 6:06:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 6:46:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Our t-shirt program and design was approved by Goatboy for a one-time run last fall. I still have his approval email dated 8/26/07.

If there is enough interest here on the HTF to generate a silk screen run of at least 100 shirts of the same design (mixed front and back or just back only) I will pursue this with Goatboy again.  Unless the rules of the game have changed, I would not anticipate a problem.

This is the final version of Vadge's design we used last year:

Link Posted: 6/16/2008 6:59:23 AM EDT
[#2]
id buy 2 of that design in a size SMALL!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 7:04:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 7:15:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm in for a T.  Quantity depends on price.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 7:19:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would just ask that you re-verify that the old design is still acceptable.  I do not foresee a problem, but I want to make sure the Goat is on-board.

IM with link sent to JLA
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 7:24:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 7:26:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 7:26:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Any chance that "we" could come up with a new design or design(s) and take a vote? I like the notion of keeping it local, relatively inexpensive with enough built in for a charitable donation. The idea with the last run was outstanding but I was underwhelmed with the chosen design.

Thats not to say that it wasnt well executed, just not my cup o' tea
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 7:39:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Any chance that "we" could come up with a new design or design(s) and take a vote? I like the notion of keeping it local, relatively inexpensive with enough built in for a charitable donation. The idea with the last run was outstanding but I was underwhelmed with the chosen design.

I'll second that motion.
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 7:41:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Ill take a medium
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 8:05:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll second that motion.

Third
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 8:06:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll second that motion.

You guys must have mistaken this gulag for a democracy! You're funny guys!

I'm not a graphics art guy. Vadge did the design (and revisions) of last year's shirts.
If you can propose a fully formed alternative for us to consider, great!

IMHO the angry, armed cartoon animal shirts done by the FL guy are absolutely not appropriate here behind enemy lines.  All we need is one of our axxhole politicians holding up one of those shirts at a press conference spouting about the dangers of the evil black rifles.
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 8:14:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I like the notion of keeping it local, relatively inexpensive with enough built in for a charitable donation.
My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 8:43:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll second that motion.

You guys must have mistaken this gulag for a democracy! You're funny guys!

I'm not a graphics art guy. Vadge did the design (and revisions) of last year's shirts.
If you can propose a fully formed alternative for us to consider, great!

IMHO the angry, armed cartoon animal shirts done by the FL guy are absolutely not appropriate here behind enemy lines.  All we need is one of our axxhole politicians holding up one of those shirts at a press conference spouting about the dangers of the evil black rifles.

Oh boy. My artistic prowess begins and ends with stick figures. I can come up with some general ideas but to put those ideas into artistic form will be troubling. It would be an insult to some MSPaint artists in GD.

How about if we use that bulletfest picture of Sr. flexing a bicep and cutting up a hog that has been passed around the site over the years. That should be pretty intimidating to liberal weenies in NY & NJ

ETA: Like this minus lootie:

Link Posted: 6/16/2008 8:50:51 AM EDT
[#15]
3d rendering of a bolt with a round locked into it

idk I love last years design
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#18]
well what would people like to see on the shirts?

i say keep the quote and either do NY/NJ or the emblems from each state

just need ideas for the graphics part
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 9:12:17 AM EDT
[#19]
In my opinion (2 years of graphic design school prior to the military, designing unit patchs and unit shirt designs wile in the USCG) i think tony the tiger shirts are super lame! lets stick with a cleaner look and a more adult tactical shirt design.
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 9:13:23 AM EDT
[#20]
height=8
Quoted:
In my opinion (2 years of graphic design school prior to the military, designing unit patchs and unit shirt designs wile in the USCG) i think tony the tiger shirts are super lame! lets stick with a cleaner look and a more adult tactical shirt design.

I agree, thought the FL ones looked childish
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree, thought the FL ones looked childish

i also agree. under-stated is good. and if i want to offend someone i've got plenty of shirts to do that.
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Im not sure of the possible trademark issues involved (if any)What about something similar to this:

I envision, the white "operator" being the pronounced lady liberty outline and Arfcom NY/NJ HTF incorporated into the design somehow. I do like the basic concept though; Black shirt (fatty approved) and the Red/blue ink setup as is minus all crye precision trademarks and names.

Link Posted: 6/16/2008 9:38:51 AM EDT
[#23]
height=8
Quoted:
Im not sure of the possible trademark issues involved (if any)What about something similar to this:

b9.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00544/91/98/544358919_l.jpg

I envision, the white "operator" being the pronounced lady liberty outline and Arfcom NY/NJ HTF incorporated into the design somehow. I do like the basic concept though; Black shirt (fatty approved) and the Red/blue ink setup as is minus all crye precision trademarks and names.

maybe change the red/blue to desert/light OD
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think a Barrett 50 or M4gery is a lot more likely to be held up a press conference to terrify the sheep than a t-shirt with Tony the Tiger wearing a boonie cap and holding a CAR-15

Link Posted: 6/16/2008 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#25]

that sounds siiiiiiick
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 9:58:07 AM EDT
[#26]
height=8
Quoted:

that sounds siiiiiiick

heres a basic concept thinking about making the operator ash gray

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/seph351/ARFCOM1copy.jpg
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Might make that my avatar when im done with it lol
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Down for either one they both are cool as hell!
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey I was wearing my old one (M4 / BOR's) to the range today and got complimented on it. If I want to wear a cartoon character, I'll have my wife buy my clothes at the Disney or WB store.

I'm still leaning towards the Pomton / Valley Forge Mutiny. How about a good Ben Franklin, TJ, Thomas Paine, GW, saying with a flintlock?
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 12:54:15 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Guys I think it is entirely possible to state your preferences on t-shirts without slamming the gentleman who Goaty had given approval to.  I mean, he made shirts for other HTFs and they were apparently very happy.  So lets just chalk this up as you all want something different and with more of a local flair and leave it at that.

By the way, I'm not a t-shirt guy, but I like the Major League Infidel concept.

Me too. I think with a little bit of graphic design help that we could come up with a cool design.
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 1:35:28 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Guys I think it is entirely possible to state your preferences on t-shirts without slamming the gentleman who Goaty had given approval to.  

I'm sorry, I didn't mean what I wrote to slam diverter, I'm not just not the cartoony type. I'm a character alright, just not a cartoon one.
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#34]
i definitely like the Major League Infidel design, with the design from the first shirt on the back. I think if possible to make it in Tan, and OD as well as Black.
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#35]
I want, I want
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#36]
I am down for a few shirts once a design is agreed on.
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#37]
im working on a little something....

super secret preview attached :

it comes complete with a post ban mag, ground off bayo lug, and pinned stock.

it looks good on any background, so we can go wild with that...

ETA: and im not sure what to caption it with, so thats why there is no text yet

another edit: heres a snippit of the above w/ a little mockup BFL if that sort of thing were to be allowed

Link Posted: 6/16/2008 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#38]
WOLVERINES!
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

img340.imageshack.us/img340/7959/arfhtftsmw6.png

another edit: heres a snippit of the above w/ a little mockup BFL if that sort of thing were to be allowed
img525.imageshack.us/img525/2236/picture2ru1.png

I like it

Don't fuck it up with that infidel nonsence. And lose that "behind enemy lines". How about "Never Surrender"?
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Sic Semper Tyrannus?
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Sic Semper Tyrannus?

Nice
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#42]
I like the Behind enemy lines line.  Great designs so far.  Keep 'em coming.
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Me likey.....I can't wait to see the final version with text.  Nice job!
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Sic Semper Tyrannus?

Why would we use Virginia's state motto.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 5:10:33 PM EDT
[#45]
because after the heller decision, the tyrants in albany and trenton will get what they deserve. THUS ALWAYS TO TYRANTS
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#46]
another possible design:

Link Posted: 6/16/2008 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

One vote for keeping "behind enemy lines"

Iggyort
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 6:07:27 PM EDT
[#48]
I'd like to be living in NY, and a free State at the same time one day soon...so the ALWAYS behind enemy lines motto, doesn't appeal to me.
I have a few of the old ARFCOM NY/NJ shirts already too...so I'd vote for a new tag line...one that was more hopeful for the future?

maybe like "Ban Bloomberg!"
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
because after the heller decision, the tyrants in albany and trenton will get what they deserve. THUS ALWAYS TO TYRANTS

Good point but I feel we need something more unique to this forum.
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#50]
why? the uniquity to the forum is the ar15, and that it'll say AR15.COM on the back (i hope)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top