Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2008 9:51:25 AM EDT
Not what you think

My neighbor is a state corrections officer, and everytime I get a new rifle he tells me..."Matt, you ever want to sell XYZ, let me know, I wana buy it off you"....tells me this about my Chinese UF AK, my little M4 Commando and most everything else ive got...

well I bought 3 RPKS so I needed some cash to pay the CC bill, so decided to sell off my Essential Arms M4 Commando he always tells me he wants to buy.

$750 for the rifle and a 20rnd Colt mag.  He dropped the check off today.  
The lower has a egged out hole for the buffer retaining pin, so I offered him to replace the lower with a brand new Stag mfg one, he said sure sounds great.  Now I can swap out the PREBAN lower on it for a post ban, keep the preban for myself and he gets a new manufacture one (being a peace officer the pre/post ban status doesnt matter).

He is thrilled, I keep my preban lower, everyone wins.

Today after I got the check I ran next door to drop the rifle off to his girlfriend.  She goes "ohhh George is going to be thrilled!", and I go "yep new toys...and its like the police buy back program, but I get a lot more money"  

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:25:41 AM EDT
[#1]
So you basically beat him out of the $250 price difference between lowers in NY and sold him a rifle he can't keep if he leaves the Corrections job and come here to brag about it - about sum it up??   Well done.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:03:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Not what you think

My neighbor is a state corrections officer, and everytime I get a new rifle he tells me..."Matt, you ever want to sell XYZ, let me know, I wana buy it off you"....tells me this about my Chinese UF AK, my little M4 Commando and most everything else ive got...

well I bought 3 RPKS so I needed some cash to pay the CC bill, so decided to sell off my Essential Arms M4 Commando he always tells me he wants to buy.

$750 for the rifle and a 20rnd Colt mag.  He dropped the check off today.  
The lower has a egged out hole for the buffer retaining pin, so I offered him to replace the lower with a brand new Stag mfg one, he said sure sounds great.  Now I can swap out the PREBAN lower on it for a post ban, keep the preban for myself and he gets a new manufacture one (being a peace officer the pre/post ban status doesnt matter).

He is thrilled, I keep my preban lower, everyone wins.

Today after I got the check I ran next door to drop the rifle off to his girlfriend.  She goes "ohhh George is going to be thrilled!", and I go "yep new toys...and its like the police buy back program, but I get a lot more money"  

i110.photobucket.com/albums/n83/Dieter122/CAR15/zDSC_0019x.jpg

ehh... You might want to have him check his dept. regs on that.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:42:27 PM EDT
[#3]
lol i hope u didnt screw him  or u might have a swat team busting down ur door in search of "illegal firearms"
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:03:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So you basically beat him out of the $250 price difference between lowers in NY and sold him a rifle he can't keep if he leaves the Corrections job and come here to brag about it - about sum it up??   Well done.

I offered, he wanted it and thanked me for the option.  He is well aware of the legalities of if he is no longer a peace officer.

Quoted:
And that is not an M4.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM177

Specifically, "Colt Commando" currently refers to the ultrashort 11.5-inch barrel assault rifle of the Model 733 series, marketed as the M4 Commando (formerly M16A2 Commando). By comparison, the M4 Carbine has an 14.5-inch barrel, while that of the M16 assault rifle is 20 inches.

seems like a M4 Commando to me..  

man, who pissed in all your guys cornflakes this week?  Everyone here is mega negative without a single nice thing to say.  Not surprised activity in NY area is down....its doom, gloom....all overcast.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

D felony upon seperation from service.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

D felony upon seperation from service.

its also illegal to install a swimming pool without a motion detector that will pick up objects the size of small children, attached to an audible alarm.

I found this out today at the pool store.  Good thing I have a PREBAN POOL.

oh and here should be the banner for the NY section..

and the spokesperson...

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

its also illegal to install a swimming pool without a motion detector that will pick up objects the size of small children, attached to an audible alarm.

I found this out today at the pool store.  Good thing I have a PREBAN POOL.

If this guy knows the legal considerations going into it, then I guess it's a non-issue. Worst case scenario, he can 'un-illeagize' it, if that makes sense.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#11]
No need for a thread here AND GD on the same issue, the other thread is longer so that will be the official thread
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top